2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

I totally buy the reporting as well and the account he's describing, despite the fact that on several occasions Hersch has been slapstick-level wrong from his sourcing, starting in Syria. His track-record is abysmal. 

All of the above I mentioned is pointless as nothing's going to be done about it of substance, including the Russians moving enough of their allies with their insistence that it's true. 

• Replies 21k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Zero doubt in my mind that the US did it. :michael: 

I thought that's what happened? Or at least I thought it was an open secret... It seems people are shocked at the article though. Is it because it comes from Hersh himself?

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

It’s hilarious. One of the very first posts of the “Twitter Files”  admitted that both Dems and Republicans were involved in Twitter censorship, and then they focused entirely on Dems and never mentioned Republicans again :deadbanana: despite the fact that the Republicans were actually in the White House in 2020, which makes what they were doing actual government censorship a.k.a Freedom of Speech violations :rip: the whole thing is dumb, Elon is a MAGA troll

I think I’m going to be sick. :biblio:

GOD Pelosi sucks.

25 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

GOD Pelosi sucks.

Pelosi stepping down as Speaker but still unable to resist using her influence to insert anti-progressive policy any chance she gets. :jonny: And this is after the abysmal performance in NY for Dems. Dems are obsessed with rewarding the losers within their party.

18 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Pelosi stepping down as Speaker but still unable to resist using her influence to insert anti-progressive policy any chance she gets. :jonny: And this is after the abysmal performance in NY for Dems. Dems are obsessed with rewarding the losers within their party.

Putting that anti-progressive hack in charge of labor would be the biggest downgrade of the administration so far. Probably the next step in a long line of efforts to “moderate back to the center” to placate the neoliberals who’ve gotten uneasy with his moves like extending the eviction moratorium/student debt repayment freeze as well as his half-hearted effort at student debt relief. The true first step was crushing the rail worker unions last fall. :jonny:

2 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

GOD Pelosi sucks.

Let us pray this happens, because Julie Su would be miles better than Maloney. I couldn’t think of a bigger disaster than giving SPM that job 

16 hours ago, Espresso said:

I totally buy the reporting as well and the account he's describing, despite the fact that on several occasions Hersch has been slapstick-level wrong from his sourcing, starting in Syria. His track-record is abysmal. 

All of the above I mentioned is pointless as nothing's going to be done about it of substance, including the Russians moving enough of their allies with their insistence that it's true. 

He got a Pulitzer for his coverage of the My Lai Massacre and coverup. He's infinitely more credible than every Russiagate imbecile at CNN and MSNBC combined :dies:

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

He got a Pulitzer for his coverage of the My Lai Massacre and coverup. He's infinitely more credible than every Russiagate imbecile at CNN and MSNBC combined :dies:

I didn’t suggest they were more credible than he was either, no winners here. It’s very characteristic for the CIA and the Norwegians wanting their export of gas/oil makes sense. I’m aware of the Pulitzer, but his errors have also been glaring if not egregious elsewhere. Whether that cancels out the other reporting he’s done has been contested and debated, and not just in the center and right.

Call me when it’s corroborated by at least one more anonymous source from another outlet, in which case it’ll be worth discussing a hypothetical groundswell of support by Interpol, the Hague, the UN, etc. Unless we want to get into the weeds on CIA influence in all of the above which again at this point, is also pointless. 

The Germans would be the ones to start that discussion and given their recent justified behavior on hesitation on tanks it absolutely dovetails with suspicion if not outright confirmation that they know the CIA did it and don’t have the leverage to say anything about it in NATO, etc. Nor would they if the pipeline wasn’t blown up.

5 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I didn’t suggest they were more credible than he was either, no winners here. It’s very characteristic for the CIA and the Norwegians wanting their export of gas/oil makes sense. I’m aware of the Pulitzer, but his errors have also been glaring if not egregious elsewhere. Whether that cancels out the other reporting he’s done has been contested and debated, and not just in the center and right.

Call me when it’s corroborated by at least one more anonymous source from another outlet, in which case it’ll be worth discussing a hypothetical groundswell of support by Interpol, the Hague, the UN, etc. Unless we want to get into the weeds on CIA influence in all of the above which again at this point, is also pointless. 

The Germans would be the ones to start that discussion and given their recent justified behavior on hesitation on tanks it absolutely dovetails with suspicion if not outright confirmation that they know the CIA did it and don’t have the leverage to say anything about it in NATO, etc. Nor would they if the pipeline wasn’t blown up.

The US is not accountable to any of those international bodies, and has laws in place to invade The Hague in order to protect American criminals from international prosecution. Biden would drop a nuke on The Netherlands in a heartbeat to protect the war criminals of his administration, and that's a fact. International norms mean nothing to people like him who think American exceptionalism places them above everyone else in the world.

You're also not going to get anymore confirmation than this. Look at the Snowden case and you'll see it perfectly encapsulated as to why. I certainly don't doubt that Seymour Hersh is going to have to sleep with one eye open following this reporting either, because the Biden Admin desperately wanted to keep this quiet, to the point that he didn't even alert the Gang Of Eight, presumably because he didn't trust McCarthy to not politicize it and blow the lid off of Biden overtly making acts of war without Congressional approval.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.