Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

The J-Pop Discussion Thread

Featured Replies

54. again

 

again.gif


3.83
From: RE(CORD)

 

Connoisseurs: Curaga, Kyle-x (7.5)
Doubters: Britneyfan09, AMIT (1)

 

Suilen: I know nobody was asking for RE(CORD) to happen whatsoever, but nobody was definitely asking her to tack a ballad on top of it.
D.D.D.: uninspiring.
Kyle-x: I'm here for it.
AMIT: I'm sorry but she has a million ballads in this style already.
Invisibility: Oh this by the numbers ballad. Cut from the same discolored cloth as those before it that shed light on her worst instincts.
Deadlocked: the random lower case *aesthetic~" all of a sudden. 

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Views 84.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • A big hank you to everyone who participated and joined the reveals! The second part of the rate was always going to be an uphill battle, and I wonder if something else could've been done to encourage

  • BEST OF 2025 (mini-rate) It's 2025. I believe we haven't done the best of j-pop since... 2015, so it's been a decade. In some way, it's symbolic, as the 'diva' era ended around that time, too. While

  • The Kumi Koda Singles Rate, Pt. 2 ~Budget Edition~   After rating what many consider to be Kumiko's better part of her career, we're entering the 10s, which started off well but some c

You know it's bad when you're a slow ballad and @Curaga can't even have it in them to give it an 8 or something

1 minute ago, Curaga said:

Oh :suburban: ...

 

I fear this doesn't bode well for my 11 LMAO

If your 11 is Suki de, Suki de, Suki de. I'm right here to defend your pick sister

5772b5697ec51b72376de0d98e3c691ffa9f727e

1 minute ago, Invisibility said:

If your 11 is Suki de, Suki de, Suki de. I'm right here to defend your pick sister

5772b5697ec51b72376de0d98e3c691ffa9f727e

Maybe I should have gone with that one... but I did give it a 10, so we better see it in the top!

 

735d94d7809f04ff42d394f12d949be36c8f2c26

53. Let's fight for love!

 

love.gif


3.96
From: UNICORN

 

Connoisseurs: Deadlocked (8)
Doubters: romiskes (0); D.D.D., Meloetta Carey (1)

 

Suilen: This one had been at the bottom of the ranking until the last ballot when poki pretty much saved it. I don't really get the vitriol, is love not worth fighting for? I also appreciate all those midriffs in the animated video.
D.D.D.: this song is actual garbage.
Kyle-x: Needed a Cheryl Cole interpolation somewhere in here, would've been more effective than the Livin' la Vida Loca one.
AMIT: let's give up love.
 

So if we do rates within an artist's base, we don't need to book permission from Ace Reject? Because I would love to host a bunch of discography rates!

2 minutes ago, Deadlocked said:

So if we do rates within an artist's base, we don't need to book permission from Ace Reject? Because I would love to host a bunch of discography rates!

It seems to be the case, yes.

This one was giving when South Park did a J-pop/C-pop chai parody song called Let's fighting love!! BOOT

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

AMIT: let's give up love.

:dies:

 

3 minutes ago, Suilen said:

I don't really get the vitriol, is love not worth fighting for?

I think it's just kind of a flaccid pop rock song... Not very catchy/interesting :deadbanana:

52. HOTEL

 

YfjvRIs.gif


4.50
From: WALK OF MY LIFE

 

Connoisseurs: prettyinpink940, Britneyfan09 (10)
Doubters: @Invisibility (0); Deadlocked (1)

 

Suilen: A mid song though not necessarily a bad representative of the equally mid WALK OF MY SHAME, she's also giving Kana in the video.
Meloetta Carey: i feel like this plays at the end of a Real Housewives season.
Kyle-x: There were much better songs on this album to release as a single. I do enjoy parts of it though.
AMIT: meh it's somewhat catchy, but nothing to write home about.
Invisibility: Horribly mangled up from disparaging, ultimately ugly elements. I mean those processed horns? The 2D thin vocals? The school marching band tea? No ma'am, no ma'am.

  • Author

This is cute when she does it live but yeah....nothing special.

  • Author

Mess this is out a bit too early. I can name a dozen songs that should be lower than this nnn.

51. Shhh!

 

08NkXom.png


4.60
From: W FACE

 

Connoisseurs: Invisibility (10)
Doubters: Deadlocked (1)

 

Suilen: Now, to be entirely honest with you, that was a limited fan club single, and we could totally do without it, but then we would be skipping two whole albums, which isn't right. Kimi Omoi was also apparently included in the mix, but another ballad would kill some people here. I feel like outside had better songs than this, though she was intent on serving a (soundcloud) album artist with these releases.
D.D.D.: ugh why is this even a single.
Kyle-x: The best part is the intro.
AMIT: the clapping is so corny, and the chorus is just not it.
Invisibility: Ugh this would totally be another 11 for me if we had multiple. The opening belting? Lit. The clapalong verses? Major. The unconventional chorus? A serve. The processed traditional Japanese melody? A shift. It's just an extremely unique and perfectly executed track in her vast catalogue, which is saying something.
Deadlocked: Took Kumi's advice and turned the volume off.

Edited by Suilen

With this, W FACE is the first album to be out.

 

ab67616d0000b273c1a0efea4b339f90705f5999

 

51. Shhh! (4.60)

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Deadlocked: Took Kumi's advice and turned the volume off.

1 minute ago, Invisibility said:

DISASTER! STOP THE COUNT

:bibliahh:

Everyone's comments are killing me already. I fuckiing love this group :date2:

 

Now, I thought Shhh! was kinda cute... This was too soon. 

50. Doo-Bee-Doo-Bop

 

doo.gif


4.62
From: heart

 

Connoisseurs: Curaga (7.5)
Doubters: @Britneyfan09, @Deadlocked (0)

 

Suilen: It's cute if you ignore the visuals.
D.D.D.: it's awful but somehow i still like it.
Meloetta Carey: doo-bee-doo-BAWP indeed. although the whole thing is really 2014---the beat and the blackaboo shenanigans in the visuals.
Kyle-x: She really tried it with this single cover in the big year of 2021, didn't try much with this song though.
AMIT: questionable single artwork aside, this is decent I suppose.
Invisibility: Shoo-Bee-Doo was ended with ease.
Deadlocked: I read this as Scooby-Doo for a moment and then as Shoo-Bee-Do by Madonna. This is...I don't know what to say.

Quote

D.D.D.: it's awful but somehow i still like it.

Summary of my 11 year relationship with The Sims 4

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

Suilen: It's cute if you ignore the visuals.

:suburban:Guess I'll stay ignorant of those... I forgot to check the MVs this time nnn

49. OMG

 

N8ZDaWZ.png


4.63
From: RE(CORD)

 

Connoisseurs: romiskes, Britneyfan09 (7)
Doubters: AMIT, Maresia, Deadlocked (1)

 

Suilen: Tomomi Itano ended.
Meloetta Carey: dated bop.
Kyle-x: I can't believe this was released in the big year of 2019 ddd. Parts of it are nice.
AMIT: oh mah gawd... another chop.
Invisibility: This is just too much sonically, too many ideas crammed into one song.
 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.