• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

4 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Gar in a panned flop and Selena probably getting an Oscar nom I hate it here

That would be the final blow, the last nail in the coffin...

gretchen-chorando.gif

this movie will still be benefiticial to Gaga's career.
she's one of the highlights of it, and one of the very few big actresses today who's starred in a string of movies she's always praised in. 

1 minute ago, Miracle said:

LG7 LEAD IN 10, 17 OR 24 DAYS

a new halloween classic incoming

oh bloody mary YOU are bones

Just now, Dumbledore said:

That would be the final blow, the last nail in the coffin...

gretchen-chorando.gif

Selena Gomez won an acting Oscar before Lady GaGa, why?

gretchen-chorando.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, OreGuy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

:deadbanana2: not even a full hr

I was just riffing off the originally reported runtime but like others have mentioned she feels present in the whole movie, even though I wish she had more lines and solo scenes.

• Like 1

Let's be fair, even though the negativity in here is crazy, I can only see great comments about Gaga's performance (well, there's a few saying she was underutilized, but that's not her fault).

I don't think I expect her to make the Oscars, but I think she will make the Golden Globes nominations and maybe some critics circles based on what I'm hearing.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, opbranden said:

Good morning, guys. Was my reaction the consensus, or did others like it more? 

spacer.png

It seems like others are liking it more sis :rip: 

• Like 1

like we're 3/3 when it comes to Gaga's acting consensus. 

ASIB: Gaga praised, a revelation
HOG: the only saving grace of the movie
JFAD: praised AGAIN, to the point where critics had to point out that she was underutilized. 

100% FRESH ACCLAIMED ACTRESS-GA

difficult-to-get-not-everybody-has-that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

why are we coming for selener again?

she deserves to finally get some acclaim after years of being made fun of

Another negative review

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, Sheep said:

She's there even when she's not on screen. Lee is the driving force of the entire story. When lady Gaga isn't on screen Arthur is talking or thinking about her. It's not like HOG where she disappears for a huge chunk.

This I agree with. I actually think GÁR is Lead rather than Supporting for this very reason. 

Spoiler

There were SO many opportunities tho for Lee to have her own unhinged-ness that's inspired by Arthur, rather than her always driving his. I also think it's CRIMINAL they cut the kissing scene and the That's Entertainment performance on the stairs. Catastrophic blows to the movie imo. They wouldn't have been too overblown to make it "nOt A jOkEr" movie, but rather develop Lee's own insanity which felt very underbaked and a disservice to the character. Like why did she even need that short hair look with the black coat? Nothing in the movie warranted that dramatic costume change imo. Maybe if she was the one to **** ** *** ********* but that was never hinted at definitively. Just unresolved speculation. Nvm her sitting in the courtroom for like half of the movie, saying absolutely nothing. :rip:

Edited by frankvert

4 minutes ago, Rino said:

this movie will still be benefiticial to Gaga's career.
she's one of the highlights of it, and one of the very few big actresses today who's starred in a string of movies she's always praised in. 

I love the positivity, but cmon. A lot of us thought this could be a $1B movie and get her another Oscar nomination a few months ago. I don't see how this is beneficial to her career aside from some good notices. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, frankvert said:

This I agree with. I actually think GÁR is Lead than Supporting for this very reason. 

Hide contents

There were SO many opportunities tho for Lee to have her own unhinged-ness that's inspired by Arthur, rather than her always driving his. I also think it's CRIMINAL they cut the kissing scene and the That's Entertainment performance on the stairs. Catastrophic blows to the movie imo. They wouldn't have been too overblown to make it "nOt A jOkEr" movie, but rather develop Lee's own insanity. 

Spoiler

I completely disagree. These cuts made her a better villain. Lee is so much more diabolical than arthur was in the first and we didn't even actually see her kill or harm anybody. :rip:

Arthur was a victim who snapped. Lee treated him like a zoo animal and tapped the glass until he self destructed. She only liked him as a monster and the second he wasn't playing the part anymore she stopped caring

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Gar in a panned flop and Selena probably getting an Oscar nom I hate it here

yooZwA.gif

Idk the only tweet I saw about Emilia Perez today was very negative and made no mention of Selena, positive or not.

A reverse FAD experience.

2 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

Selena Gomez won an acting Oscar before Lady GaGa, why?

gretchen-chorando.gif

Supporting Actress is kinda packed with Saoirse, Saldaña and Deadwyler. She has I think like a 50% chance of getting nominated but not happening when Saldaña from the same movie had a way better reaction.

Gaga I think also has a chance at a Supp.Actress nom, but no win ofc

2 minutes ago, ineedboxinggloves said:

It seems like others are liking it more sis :rip: 

Good for them, enjoy! 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I love the positivity, but cmon. A lot of us thought this could be a $1B movie and get her another Oscar nomination a few months ago. I don't see how this is beneficial to her career aside from some good notices. 

Unfortunately, not every movie Gaga does will be acclaimed. The problem is that, cause she only does a film per every 3 years, she has less chances to star in great movies.

Still can't believe Lee said "Let's give the people what they want" but Toad said

spacer.png

• Haha 1

The thing is, apparently people are saying Gaga brought down the intensity for Lee and served a very realistic, grounded character...wonder what the movie would look like if it wasn't a musical

1 minute ago, Miracle said:

Unfortunately, not every movie Gaga does will be acclaimed. The problem is that, cause she only does a film per every 3 years, she has less chances to star in great movies.

It's fine that it's not acclaimed. We always knew mixed reviews were likely based on the OG Joker but now it's looking like it'll be a huge drop from the first one's box office too. 

• Like 1

Why do birds suddenly appear

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Sheep said:
  Hide contents

I completely disagree. These cuts made her a better villain. Lee is so much more diabolical than arthur was in the first and we didn't even actually see her kill or harm anybody. :rip:

Arthur was a victim who snapped. Lee treated him like a zoo animal and tapped the glass until he self destructed. She only liked him as a monster and the second he wasn't playing the part anymore she stopped caring

Spoiler

Fair point, I agree with you and think the Close to You scene is probably the best example of that in the entire movie. That evil grin she makes and look of her eyes :ghostface:

I guess for me that kind of got lost because the showiness of Joaquin's part overshadowed her subdued insanity. Not to say she should be mangling judges with mallets like him… But her kissing the old lady outside the court, the UNHINGED That's Entertainment performance on the stairs, more solo scenes of her maybe reading a psychology book on abuse victims, would have made that dynamic come across more effectively imo. 

Edited by frankvert
  • Like 1

This feels like it would have been very cathartic to Stefani after she dated a Stan who ruined her life and was obsessed with the image of her. I don't feel like that's a spoiler since it's in the title and trailer. :rip:

Edited by Sheep
  • Haha 2

Tonight's look was a complete mess, but she looks HOT so she won anyway.  Freddy should be imprisoned for that stone wig

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.