Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Between Shallow's Oscar win, #1 peak, 2 billion+streams, being Gaga's second-highest Hot 100 hit, 1 billion+ viewed music video, performance that will eventually hit 1 billion views, near-Diamond status, cultural impact, and general longevity that has it still charting 5 years after... is it safe to call it her biggest hit? 

Nostalgia would have us still say Poker Face or Bad Romance, but what do we think? 

gretchen-eating.gif

Edited by Aden

• Replies 164.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Never seen this before, what a night it was :jonny5:

Yep, it's a new unseen pic shared by Dot on her bday. She looks soo happy, love it :smitten:

56 minutes ago, SalvoPK said:

:deadbanana4: he's so–

I saw he posted it on Twitter too. Well, I'm here for anything wholesome about Ga going viral so hope it does :giraffe:

6 minutes ago, Aden said:

Between Shallow's Oscar win, #1 peak, 2 billion+streams, being Gaga's second-highest Hot 100 hit, 1 billion+ viewed music video, performance that will eventually hit 1 billion views, near-Diamond status, cultural impact, and general longevity that has it still charting 5 years after... is it safe to call it her biggest hit? 

Nostalgia would have us still say Poker Face or Bad Romance, but what do we think? 

gretchen-eating.gif

All I know is that it's easily part of the Big 4 (PF, BR, Shallow, JD)

But BR will always be her signature song even if it's not the biggest stats wise

gretchen-eating.gif

JohnWayneHolland

gretchen-eating.gif

It's definitely a classic and one of her biggest hits, but it still has to surpass Bad Romance and Poker Face in total units for it to be her biggest hit, PF has 13M units and BR almost 12M units.

gretchen-eating.gif

13 minutes ago, Aden said:

gretchen-eating.gif

Shallow's absolutely a classic. It has the potential to overcome PF/BR long-term given how ageless it is by design and how perfect it is for easy listening. 

When talking about Gaga's legacy and contribution to culture though, it's absolutely Bad Romance. It's one of the most definitive pop hits of all-time. BR will forever be her most impactful song and signature hit. 

:gaygacat5:

13 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

It's definitely a classic and one of her biggest hits, but it still has to surpass Bad Romance and Poker Face in total units for it to be her biggest hit, PF has 13M units and BR almost 12M units.

gretchen-eating.gif

Uhhh pretty sure BR and PF has surpassed 15M or more tbh. 

JohnWayneHolland
3 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

Uhhh pretty sure BR and PF has surpassed 15M or more tbh. 

This is just in the US, WW they definitely have way more units

gretchen-eating.gif

47 minutes ago, Ratviolo said:

GagaDaily has consistently been doing such an amazing job over the past few years

what does Kirill have against you

34 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

gretchen-eating.gif

I fear Shallord will surpass them given its recurrent streams.

gretchen-eating.gif

42 minutes ago, Aden said:

gretchen-eating.gif

It's part of the Big 4, it'll soon be diamond eligible.

But Bad Romance will forever be her signature song. The song, the video, the impact, the vibes. 

20 minutes ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

This is just in the US, WW they definitely have way more units

gretchen-eating.gif

Oops didn’t know we were talking about US. Sounds about right tbh

JohnWayneHolland

I fear Shallord will surpass them given its recurrent streams.

gretchen-eating.gif

When Shallah becomes the first female song to get the 2x Diamond certification

gretchen-eating.gif

4 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

Oops didn’t know we were talking about US. Sounds about right tbh

Yeah, she'll soon have 4 Diamond singles in the US with Shallah and Just Dance, legend

gretchen-eating.gif

Biggest Classic: Bad Romance

Biggest GeePee Hit: Shallow

Biggest DarkBawp Hit: Bloody Mary

gretchen-eating.gif

I'm kinda rooting for Gar doing some fighting sequences or chasing scenes in JFAD.

Act. Sing. Stunt. Triple threat. :fan: 

1 hour ago, sunbathinganimal said:

how is Bloody Mary of all things a bigger radio hit than an Ariana Grande collab :rip:

I don't think it will reach 75m AI like Rain On Me tho. 

1 hour ago, Aden said:

gretchen-eating.gif

Poker Face and Bad Romance are definitely bigger. Bad Romance was literally the most viewed video on YouTube for a minute there, and is the most certified single ever I think. 

1 hour ago, Miracle said:

I think I would rule it out for now. I think Gaga wants to get involved in artsier movies (although she was gonna be on Birds of Prey but that was basically a long cameo). Even Cate Blanchett is doing MCU now, but Gaga is still nowhere in that level of I don't give a **** what role I have I just want the money and I have 2 acting Oscars that Oscar Blanchett has.

Especially since Gaga would make the same with a 3 movie MCU deal than with just 20 dates of performing. Makes no sense for her career rn

Gaga is in such a great/unique spot right now in her career.

By having two sources of revenue (three if you count Haus Labs). She can do whatever project she wants. She doesn’t have to worry about doing side projects to pay bills. 

1 hour ago, sunbathinganimal said:

GaGa was incredible in HOG but kinda bad in ASIB

a3i1Sr0.jpg

Her singing and chemistry with Bradley really make the performance. But yes, I would agree that she is better in HOG 

HOG > ASIB > AHS: Hotel

16 minutes ago, Aden said:

Biggest Classic: Bad Romance

Biggest GeePee Hit: Shallow

Biggest DarkBawp Hit: Bloody Mary

gretchen-eating.gif

New Year’s Classic: Just Dance

Valentine’s Day Classic: ARUTW

Halloween Classic: Bloody Mary

Classic Classic: Bad Romance

Soundtrack Classic: Shallow

00’s Classic: Poker Face 

14 minutes ago, xo_hours said:

The #Leave is SENDING ME :rip:

21 minutes ago, xo_hours said:

Yeah. We were wondering about it the other day. Thanks for the answer. :dies: 

The beak :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.