• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

I read Kelly will not be in studio tomorrow for the Cher episode :( everyone is in studio including cher and Kelly is interviewing virtually. Not sure what that’s about 

Y'all she's been killing it on all platforms. We really need to rally. We can easily go top 10 if we coordinate.

This weeks prediction:

:jonny6:

Edited by jpsketch

9 hours ago, RealityBites said:

that’s nice, but this is the same person who talked so highly of MOL and then barely pushed singles from the album

12 hours ago, jpsketch said:

Y'all she's been killing it on all platforms. We really need to rally. We can easily go top 10 if we coordinate.

This weeks prediction:

:jonny6:

Top 10 for the Christmas songs 

3 hours ago, justinxx said:

that’s nice, but this is the same person who talked so highly of MOL and then barely pushed singles from the album

And was he wrong? :foxaylove2:

33 minutes ago, jpsketch said:

And was he wrong? :foxaylove2:

i was thinking of that interview Kelly did with the other Atlantic CEO (the woman)... and no they weren't wrong, but I want to see them follow through and actually push the record!

I'd say Love So Soft got plenty of push, it just didn't connect to the public at large.

Sure, Spotify Playlisting could've been better, but it was the best Kelly's ever received for her non-Holiday music.

The song was discounted on Itunes from it's second week onward until it's chart run was finished.

It was pushed to all of Kelly's core radio formats, plus they hosted an album listening party for radio personal to get them excited to support the era on radio.

And it got a ton of broadcasted performances including some big ones like the American Music Awards, America's Got Talent season finale and Carpool Karaoke, plus her usual morning and late night talk show spots.

They tried, the public just said no and there's not much Atlantic can do about that. I can see why they didn't put too much effort into the other singles afterwards.

1 hour ago, justinxx said:

i was thinking of that interview Kelly did with the other Atlantic CEO (the woman)... and no they weren't wrong, but I want to see them follow through and actually push the record!

23 minutes ago, Admiral Bobbery said:

I'd say Love So Soft got plenty of push, it just didn't connect to the public at large.

Sure, Spotify Playlisting could've been better, but it was the best Kelly's ever received for her non-Holiday music.

The song was discounted on Itunes from it's second week onward until it's chart run was finished.

It was pushed to all of Kelly's core radio formats, plus they hosted an album listening party for radio personal to get them excited to support the era on radio.

And it got a ton of broadcasted performances including some big ones like the American Music Awards, America's Got Talent season finale and Carpool Karaoke, plus her usual morning and late night talk show spots.

They tried, the public just said no and there's not much Atlantic can do about that. I can see why they didn't put too much effort into the other singles afterwards.

The crazy part is Love So Soft has over 400,000 videos on TikTok. That’s huge. If that was now, it might have gone viral. TikTok was just gaining steam then and not the huge platform it is now. And her team pushed hard with TikTok and dances and TikTok personalities too. 

Edited by RealityBites

Y'all crazy if you think Atlantic wasn't pushing LSS like their life depended on it lmao

I think it's time to admit that "pushing a song harder" and "more promo" are not magical words you can just say to make yourself feel better after a song underperforms. Kelly is unpopular as an artist. And there isn't much more to it.

Let's hope for a good next album instead - I'd rather have one good quality record like MOL than 5 Floppers, so :giraffe:

10 minutes ago, BurnGoesTheChivas said:

Y'all crazy if you think Atlantic wasn't pushing LSS like their life depended on it lmao

I think it's time to admit that "pushing a song harder" and "more promo" are not magical words you can just say to make yourself feel better after a song underperforms. Kelly is unpopular as an artist. And there isn't much more to it.

Let's hope for a good next album instead - I'd rather have one good quality record like MOL than 5 Floppers, so :giraffe:

Absolutely. :clap3:

MoL was one of my favorite eras because the music was excellent. The album bodied.

18 minutes ago, BurnGoesTheChivas said:

Yeah, I think it's fair to say LSS was pushed well. The music video is, in my opinion, probably the best of Kelly's career. But then it was chaos when it came to other singles... the fact that they didn't release a second single until four/five months after LSS didn't do well was really dumb. And then the random push for Medicine that was then nipped... I feel like the label wasn't prepared to push Kelly's music as an older artist and when things didn't smash immediately they kind of gave up?

I mean in fairness, I never liked LSS. Her worst lead for me by a distance but probably her best video since Hazel Eyes. Song felt more American market geared rather than playing to Kelly Clarkson fans (in my opinion)

it was especially annoying to see her marketing team just give up on the other markets too as the uk has always been such a strong Kelly market and I don’t recall it even charting here whereas the albums before have a top 10 single for the lead single 

Edited by BravoTangoWhiskey

UTT predicted to be #17 this week. I feel like tweeting Jason to do it as Kellyoke, but not sure if all holiday shows have been filmed. 

Doing so well this year. She could well get a top 10 even without the full tracking week or reach it the week before Christmas.

Edited by Ab1818

UTT continuing it's rise on national charts

Austria 20
Germany 20
Switzerland 27
UK 31
Ireland 35
Netherlands 51
Lithuania 74
Czech Republic 84

Also, Wrapped In Red (song) has crossed 50M streams on Spotify today. Her second Christmas song to do so. Santa Can't You Hear Me will likely reach that mark before December's over too. It's also risen to #2 on her top 10 current popular tracks. With Wrapped In Red now joining she's not got 4 of her Holiday tracks in her top 10.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.