Beyoncé

Kisuke

3 minutes ago, Lovett said:

Um. Was your post in the drafts for a week? :rip:

LMAO it just appeared on my release radar :weeps:  And I didn't  see the thread for the song so I thought it was that new (as it just got dropped today) :gaycat6:

• Haha 1

• Replies 111.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 minute ago, Alldeezy said:

LMAO it just appeared on my release radar :weeps:  And I didn't  see the thread for the song so I thought it was that new (as it just got dropped today) :gaycat6:

Travis' album came out last week. :lmao: Your opinion on the song is correct though. :clap3:

Hivé has the time to make a fifty-eleventh ranking of Bey's albums but don't you dare posting something about a song released last week haha! :lmao:

(I'm just teasing)

22 minutes ago, Tangane said:

Hivé has the time to make a fifty-eleventh ranking of Bey's albums but don't you dare posting something about a song released last week haha! :lmao:

(I'm just teasing)

It was more that they thought the song had just come out. :lmao:

• Haha 1

Break My Soul is just SO good and so powerful. I get kinda emotional when it plays now, I trust what she's saying. :jonny:It also shows Bey's growth as an artist. She didn't choose none of the most obvious outstanding tracks on the album for the lead, she went with a good song period and let it speak for itself. That feels graceful, smart and mature, and I love that for her.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Break My Soul is just SO good and so powerful. I get kinda emotional when it plays now, I trust what she's saying. :jonny:It also shows Bey's growth as an artist. She didn't choose none of the most obvious outstanding tracks on the album for the lead, she went with a good song period and let it speak for itself. That feels graceful, smart and mature, and I love that for her.

All of this!

It's such a statement. I love that she went universal-motivational with a lead. Nothing to do with "my man/love" or "female empowerment" (both her understandable mainstays). 

It all at once manages to mean so much lyrically (maybe her most meaningful track to date, lyrically speaking) while being wrapped in the most uptempo, club-geared production she's ever had.

The girls generally don't give it its due because of how brilliant the material and album that followed are, but BMS has never left my top 5 from the album and is (IMO) up there with her best tracks to date.

Edited by Cbreezy

For those who want to revisit Renaissance with very good remixes! I've been bopping to this since yesterday and it's a nice change of scenery. :heart:

1 hour ago, Draper. said:

THIS, it really is such an amazing song (even tho i can’t listen to it without the ass wiggle / titty bounce / vogue mashup / MJ sample / dramatic outro

playing in my mind and i get mad that it’ll never be on spotify:WAP:

but i also think about the alternate universe in which the lead was Alien cause the world NEEDS to know the AS / Haunted / 6 Inch experimental side of Bey a lot more than they do !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

but i also think about the alternate universe in which the lead was Alien cause the world NEEDS to know the AS / Haunted / 6 Inch experimental side of Bey a lot more than they do !!!

Idk why but I’m still hoping for a dark-alternative R&B era from Bey. She def has the power to turn experimental and unique sounds into the mainstream.

Spoiler

With that, I finally get the chance to see her perform songs like 6 Inch, Haunted, Jealous, etc. 

:jonny5:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, QueenB said:

No you're right, you can listen to the demo here:

She also posted this on her site because the song was getting MAJOR traction:

"Yesterday, “Beautiful Nightmare,” a demo I’ve been working on for possible inclusion on my next album, leaked on some websites. I want to thank all my fans for the positive response to the song, but I want to tell you that this is just a work in progress. It is not my time to put out new music. If you really want to hear some really great music now, you have to support my girls Kelly, Michelle and my sister Solange."

Fun fact: “Beautiful Nightmare” was playing in my country on the RADIO as well🫠😂

3 hours ago, Devin said:

Idk why but I’m still hoping for a dark-alternative R&B era from Bey. She def has the power to turn experimental and unique sounds into the mainstream.

Hide contents

With that, I finally get the chance to see her perform songs like 6 Inch, Haunted, Jealous, etc. 

:jonny5:

THS omg, i always wanted an uber cohesive experimental album from her and she delivered just that with Ren for me but i’d LOVE a Ren but darker, every song being a 6 Inch / Haunted / Thique / I’m That Girl / Never Gonna Love Again type of song :WAP:

no one does dark-alternative like she does, that’s why i’m PISSED Boots is an asshat and she’ll probably won’t work with him again :gaycat6:

an entire album produced by him and i would never complain about anything ever again 

Edited by ScorpiosGroove
  • Like 2

dumb lists like these is what help songs to be remembered, this is literally the legacy of a song. Bringing this up here because it’s clear to me that Formation would’ve topped this list 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

dumb lists like these is what help songs to be remembered, this is literally the legacy of a song. Bringing this up here because it’s clear to me that Formation would’ve topped this list 

She deserves to be EXCLUDED for her shenanigans when Formation was the easiest missed #1 after years of “no #1s since the Bush era”. Free single, no iTunes, unlisted video which she only decided to unlist in hopes of an AOTY (LMAO). The most poorly treated single and now we’re experiencing the most poorly treated album 6 years later. :biblionny:

5 minutes ago, Starshine said:

She deserves to be EXCLUDED for her shenanigans when Formation was the easiest missed #1 after years of “no #1s since the Bush era”. Free single, no iTunes, unlisted video which she only decided to unlist in hopes of an AOTY (LMAO). The most poorly treated single and now we’re experiencing the most poorly treated album 6 years later. :biblionny:

with the most mishandled tour ever. And B8 era is somehow going to be even worse :biblionny:

How on earth was BOMT controversial?:deadbanana2:

Along with the dark Bey, I'm totally here for some of that to be explored through accoustic instrumentation (not all electronica)

This thing she done with Chris Martin is still a hidden gem:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgd96t

Edited by Otter
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

the sexed-up teen/schoolgirl thing was not accepted without friction. especially globally. the song itself was more tame, but “hit me one more time” isn’t the most pg pop chorus either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

Barely legal teenaged label puppet serving Lolita'd sexploitation on her debut. Nowhere near being Top 5 on a list of controversial anything tho :skull:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

Adding to what others have said, I believe the song was meant for TLC but they rejected it because it was promoting domestic violence. I could be wrong. I just remember reading that somewhere :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

do as the man says PLEASE i’m begging i need every studio version i can get my hands on since hag won’t give it to us :deadbanana2:

well ladies I’ve made an Irresponsible Purchase

Spoiler

see you hoes in Kansas City :jonny3:

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

well ladies I’ve made an Irresponsible Purchase

Hide contents

see you hoes in Kansas City :jonny3:

:WAP:

I’m still kinda gagged at how full each concert is. Like y’all were really in here freaking out about it every day. Kinda shows how y’all be worried about NOTHING at all. I have no doubt pittsburgh would’ve sold out by show time and looked like the other “struggling” dates minneapolis and louisville did and the same will happen for the Missouri shows and the vegas show

Edited by bijonse
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.