Beyoncé

Kisuke

1 minute ago, mons†er said:

Not too much on Miley. She's one of the only other pop stars who can actually sing her ass off. Her 'Plastic Hearts' album is vocal perfection. Her cover of 'Maybe' by Janis Joplin is the best version I have ever heard. :jonny5:

Oh I had no idea Miley's fans were the Smilers lol Thanks for letting me know.

Miley is fine. She is a great singer for sure but I dont much care for her as a popstar or artist to be honest.

• Like 2

• Replies 116k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

2 minutes ago, Mr.X said:

Oh I had no idea Miley's fans were the Smilers lol Thanks for letting me know.

Miley is fine. She is a great singer for sure but I dont much care for her as a popstar or artist to be honest.

I can understand that lol especially with how her career has played out. But musically she's really talented. I would recommend listening to 'PH' if you actually want to know Miley outside of her pop music persona. :heart: I guarantee you that was the album that made Beyonce get into Miley and reach out to rework 'Jolene' since it was originally Miley's song. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, mons†er said:

Her visuals were a distraction especially for BIK. After 2 albums of groundbreaking visuals and then a visual film that literally did nothing yeah the world became desensitized to visuals at this point. 

I kinda agree that BIK (even though great) did not have the same impact as her other visual albums. But if it's her thought process as well then scaling it back to 1-2 great music videos would've been better than giving nothing for 2 whole albums and pretending like this was your grand plan from the beginning.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mons†er said:

I guarantee you that was the album that made Beyonce get into Miley and reach out to rework 'Jolene' since it was originally Miley's song. 

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.thumb.g

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Just now, ShouldersSideways said:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.thumb.g

I meant 'II MOST WANTED' :toofunny3::deadbanana2: (Morning cannabis and coffee) 

1 minute ago, RedOne said:

I kinda agree that BIK (even though great) did not have the same impact as her other visual albums. But if it's her thought process as well then scaling it back to 1-2 great music videos would've been better than giving nothing for 2 whole albums and pretending like this was your grand plan from the beginning.

She's a Virgo, it's kind of on brand for her.

• Thanks 1

these pics... 😍 how did she get even finer in her 40s than ever before? she really is aging like fine wine whiskey

• Like 1

Yeah she looks amazinggggg, better than ever but that ChatGPT ass "interview" chile :coffee2: The canned responses do nothing for me. They don't sound like her (or anyone)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

I'll forgive this hag in a heart beat if she release a 90s hip hop/Rnb inspired album for ACT III. To be honest, I don't even care for the visuals, I just want the ******* concert film so that I can be reminded of my time seeing her ass live…. Ugh I hate her 

• Like 2

Ngl she's still such a genius :deadbanana2:

Like who on EARTH or any artist this day and age can say so MUCH and so LITTLE and still leave people with wanting MORE? :ahh:

I absolutely love the marketing of it all, but it's just so Beyoncé. I prefer this over what Taylor does (although it's admirable to an extent). Still though, I like this lowkey Beyoncé at times. Makes me feel like she's indie lmao!

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Yeah she looks amazinggggg, better than ever but that ChatGPT ass "interview" chile :coffee2: The canned responses do nothing for me. They don't sound like her (or anyone)

they absolutely sound like her though.

her answers in this interview just are (and it was specified before they even begun) done over e-mail so clearly considered and edited instead of off-the-cuff.

I think the bit about why she sings is one of the most beautiful quotes we've gotten from her in a while, and really shows what kind of artist she is and why. Does it really do nothing to you to hear how she feels about singing, how it feels in her body and soul, and why she does it and when? As a fan this is rich information, I think.

But also, she's never been a flexible, chatty interviewee. Even at the height of her interviews in the mid-2000s she would sit in her best posture, smiling and sharing stories that were clearly brought to be told. And the most personal she got was often coy and evasive.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

I disagree, I think it is the best interview she's given in years. I'm referring to the parts in which she spoke about the "Cowboy Carter" album title, the album's creative process, why 4 is a classic in her discography, and finally the way she feels about her voice.

• Like 4

Theres a lot to unpack in this interview

basically confirms what we all knew though 

9 minutes ago, cuteboyzay said:

Ngl she's still such a genius :deadbanana2:

Like who on EARTH or any artist this day and age can say so MUCH and so LITTLE and still leave people with wanting MORE? :ahh:

I absolutely love the marketing of it all, but it's just so Beyoncé. I prefer this over what Taylor does (although it's admirable to an extent). Still though, I like this lowkey Beyoncé at times. Makes me feel like she's indie lmao!

this!

she's kind of done the impossible and changed from being one of the most famous, commercial, and at times "over-exposed" (remember when this word was one of her haters' fave terms in like 2009?) popstars on the planet into being somewhat of a very celebrated cult figure...a popstar whose work is increasingly very "iykyk" rather than music that is pushed and forced into your ears. I've always said there is a greater connection to music when you yourself choose it or find it and make your own emotional connections to it. The type of music you hear over and over in grocery stores may live on in the public's mind for much longer, but a cult classic will last in a way that Beyoncé seeks: with appreciation and impact rather than it simply being unavoidable to know.

and there's a point to be made that she can have both success and appreciation because the work is going to be appreciated if its good and successful, but I'm all for her prioritizes changing if that's what she wants. and I also think that withholding a lot is also what makes what she does do that much more important, which is a mainstay of luxury marketing. and as her work has increased in quality, it too becomes something of a luxury good.

It's also very iconic of her. Like, I think the only two other popstars who have done anything like this are Prince and Sade, both of which were never as outright commercial and pop-forward as Beyoncé was at her peak. It's a very interesting, career-defining move.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, satellites.™ said:

This is exactly what she did to FORMATION, that was the first time I literally almost lost my mind with her. Formation was a #1 debut with EASE and she literally made the music video (which was all over the news lol) hidden on Youtube, like what the actual ****?

My blood pressure just went up all over again. A study needs to be done to unpack why she's so scared of her singles being hits. :coffee2:

new-york-new-york-pollard.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, swissman said:

this!

she's kind of done the impossible and changed from being one of the most famous, commercial, and at times "over-exposed" (remember when this word was one of her haters' fave terms in like 2009?) popstars on the planet into being somewhat of a very celebrated cult figure...a popstar whose work is increasingly very "iykyk" rather than music that is pushed and forced into your ears. I've always said there is a greater connection to music when you yourself choose it or find it and make your own emotional connections to it. The type of music you hear over and over in grocery stores may live on in the public's mind for much longer, but a cult classic will last in a way that Beyoncé seeks: with appreciation and impact rather than it simply being unavoidable to know.

and there's a point to be made that she can have both success and appreciation because the work is going to be appreciated if its good and successful, but I'm all for her prioritizes changing if that's what she wants. and I also think that withholding a lot is also what makes what she does do that much more important, which is a mainstay of luxury marketing. and as her work has increased in quality, it too becomes something of a luxury good.

It's also very iconic of her. Like, I think the only two other popstars who have done anything like this are Prince and Sade, both of which were never as outright commercial and pop-forward as Beyoncé was at her peak. It's a very interesting, career-defining move.

She's once again doing the complete opposite everyone else is doing and is being able to be selective with her fame and how she wants to be perceived. I said this time and time again, she's doing what Doja Cat and Chappell Roan have been talking about in regards to fame within the last year. She's just doing it quietly.

No other artists with her level of fame have been able to pull this off really other than Prince. And as for Sade, look at her now. Her music always going viral on TikTok and Reels and her once again gaining a completely new younger fanbase just because of the revival of her discography. It's actually SO f*cking impressive to witness.

Although I do NOT like the way she treated the Cowboy Carter era, it was very evident she had a very clear goal for the album due to the odd treatment of it. And she looks completely fine with how everything is. I love the fact that we can enjoy her music in a way most of these fanbases really can't. :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

I'll forgive this hag in a heart beat if she release a 90s hip hop/Rnb inspired album for ACT III. To be honest, I don't even care for the visuals, I just want the ******* concert film so that I can be reminded of my time seeing her ass live…. Ugh I hate her 

i would LOVE this! 

1 hour ago, mons†er said:

Her visuals were a distraction especially for BIK. After 2 albums of groundbreaking visuals and then a visual film that literally did nothing yeah the world became desensitized to visuals at this point. 

It was also her fault for releasing it a year after the fact and doing virtually nothing before or after BIK's release to make the GP recall it. She'd have to promote it or give fans something for it to resonate - or not, and maybe that's what is likely influencing her decision with the trilogy's visuals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8

Yeah, no, I'm sorry. She's pissing me off FR.

iCQzDQCi.gif

• Haha 6

The biggest take away from this interview was her self-imposed touring schedule. She's not touring South America, Asia and Oceania as long as the kids are in school. 

ugh just release the damn visuals or the film

spacer.png

8 hours ago, cuteboyzay said:

Ngl, I'm glad she didn't get nominated for anything at the CMAs. I know the album created a huge impact, but she paid it DUST. She had such a strong "moral dialogue" attached to the album yet treated it like the most unimportant album of her entire career. I've never seen her promote an album as AWFUL and as LITTLE as this one.

Shaboozey deserved to get nominated because he's been hustling with the music ALONE. Beyoncé has put more effort into her side businesses and not the album (which she has all the freedom too). But some of y'all can't act surprised about her not getting any noms. It's partially her fault. :deadbanana2:

No shade but this makes no sense, promotion is not why beyonce was not nominated at the cmas. Not even the album, the song itself. THM is bigger than 90% of the songs nominated. You forget beyonce called out the CMAS publicly, she was never expecting any nominations, she made a point that she could smash with a country song and she did just that. In the process she gave Shaboozey the biggest shine of his career. She accomplished exactly what she set out to do.

• Like 3

There's part of me that sincerely believes Act III will come with no visuals and we'll never see a single visual from this trilogy.

• Like 6

Visuals have to exist. Why would she still be filming? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will read the rest of the interview when I'm less annoyed since it sounds like it was nice beyond #THAT excerpt

:suburban:

• Haha 1

I also take issue with her putting that pretentious spin on the reason for no visuals.

Acting like she never filmed any in the first place :rip: 

Its disrespectful to the fans.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.