Beyoncé

Kisuke

9 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

RWT > MCSWT > OTR1 > BEY XPERIENCE > OTR2 > IAWT > FWT

spacer.png

What was wrong with fwt I kick myself to this day for not going this was her ultimate prime for me vocally. The screen monitor looked epic and I loved the dance breaks and perfect in sync choreo with dancers. I haven’t seen RWT yet and try to avoid most clips and I feel like people only praise the production but drag the dancers and say nothing about Bey. I feel like I’m gonna be watching a cirque de Soleil show or sumn

• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

Beyonce Experience

RWT

FWT

OTR1

IAWT

MRS CARTER

OTR2

Although she did amazing on all of her tours. 

1 hour ago, Shone Ai said:

I didnt even know they were there for VG :deadbanana4: She just be letting them do anything 

lmfao :deadbanana2:this part made me physically cringe and it's even funnier seeing it from the side view

if we're being honest virgo's groove doesn't work at all live and the interpolations at the end aren't all that great

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

If we're being honest virgo's groove doesn't work at all live and the interpolations at the end aren't all that great

Stop this. VG is top 2 and arguably not number 2 so that makes me so sad to hear😞 

1 hour ago, QueenB said:

nope, but we have outfits you can look at :swan:

And parfum :ducky:

14 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

What was wrong with fwt I kick myself to this day for not going this was her ultimate prime for me vocally. The screen monitor looked epic and I loved the dance breaks and perfect in sync choreo with dancers. I haven’t seen RWT yet and try to avoid most clips and I feel like people only praise the production but drag the dancers and say nothing about Bey. I feel like I’m gonna be watching a cirque de Soleil show or sumn

Nah I think vocally RWT>>>FWT. The dancing has been toned down but the vocals are insane this tour. 

• Like 2

Virgo’s Groove performance is boring confirmed

That song needed a big moment, not even choreographed. Kind of like the BMS performance when all the dancers are just having fun hyping the audience up

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

If we're being honest virgo's groove doesn't work at all live and the interpolations at the end aren't all that great

Nnnn I love the interpolations :deadbanana4: Those crumbs are everything since I’ve never heard most of them live. But yeah the actual VG performance is cute.

FWT > MCSWT 14 > RWT > OTR > MCSWT 13 > TBE > IAWT > OTR2 

I will say, Renaissance had the most potential but there are quite a few moments which I feel like were undercooked and not taken all the way where they should be. Did not feel this way about any of her tours before except OTR2. 

I might have been bummed about songs missing from the setlist but not the performances that are there feeling like they're lacking. 

If at least some of those saw improvements it could easily be her best show. 

:swan: 

• Like 4

is trying to get an upgrade at the stadium worth a shot? keeping in mind Santa Clara is very much sold out.

should I go early and ask around? or should I just enjoy my day and go at show time to my floor seat?

3 hours ago, Fleahive said:

i dont see how you can say FWT is her prime vocally when it's probably the LEAST vocally impressive tour she's ever done.

we didnt need a DVD of that at all

Edited by giRLbye.
  • Thanks 1

Hey. I'm glad her bday show is coming up. I know it will be special. Anyway, I'd like to know how you guys feel about Bey doing a greatest hits album? I personally would love it. If she repackaged it would new songs I think it would be successful.  I also hope Bey has a change of perspective in the near future and starts performing her old pop hits again. 

2 minutes ago, Yonceage said:

Hey. I'm glad her bday show is coming up. I know it will be special. Anyway, I'd like to know how you guys feel about Bey doing a greatest hits album? I personally would love it. If she repackaged it would new songs I think it would be successful.  I also hope Bey has a change of perspective in the near future and starts performing her old pop hits again. 

I think the concept of a greatest hits album became useless as early as the iTunes era, let alone in this day and age. 

The point was that you could have all the hits on one disc so you don't have to change cds/vinlys/casettes to listen to songs from different albums. Now you can easily make your own playlists and play whatever  hits you want in whichever order. 

I think live albums would be much more effective. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Yonceage said:

GH albums are worthless nowadays, just make a playlist. Homecoming was basically her GH album but live. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, XtunaStan said:

I'm sorry but not even HBCU could save the recycled and uninspired mess that was OTRII

OTR remains her best tour overall (RWT with full setlist might top it though.)

:toofunny3: at the bolded. 

We're all entitled to our opinions, but I'm gonna assume you're either young (so only "know-know: a handful of her tours) and/or have a pronounced preference for her stadium tours (hence omitting some of the clear superior choices). 

Because I'm not sure there's a world that exists where ANY of the OTRs are better than any solo Bey tour from The Beyonce Experience and after. TBE, IAWT, MCWT, hell even Revel etc all top both OTRs. Easily. And that's before we get to RWT and FWT, which are also among her best).

By default, I really can't give too much to any show that gives us less Bey in favor of another act. Or, as is the case with OTR series, forces a certain setlist because of the other act (see: their collabs). 

As others have said, both OTRs were Bey doing charity work. And I say this as someone who likes Jay.  In each instance, she was more than equipped to do those stadiums alone. Yet the reality is that Jay had/has a Live Nation deal that mandates a certain # of tours and gross per tour. Hence, these constant tours with other artists (Linkin Park, Kanye, JT, now Bey). 

I'll always appreciate how OTR saw her up the grandiosity to meet the demands of a stadium, but OTRII will always annoy me especially. Because, for as solid as it was, it always stood to be the post-Cochaella solo tour and, on paper, was easily positioned to serve as a vehicle for the follow-up to Lemonade (which by her usual standard was due in 2018/19 anyway)...yet we got a phoned-in rehash of FWT (+ sprinkles of Homecoming) with much less Bey overall. 

Moaning aside, I can appreciate how Bey (the human) embarked on OTR I and II because it worked best for HER family at THAT time. I can also appreciate how it's now an established vehicle for her and Jay to make easy $$$ for limited stadium runs in the future (in between projects).

That said, I also do not want that anytime soon. 

• Like 2

What is that one YouTube channel which has the interludes for the tour? I remember someone mentioning it here a while ago but can’t remember, it was a Brazilian account I believe. 

What kind of bothers me about OTR is that she took a stadium stage to another continent just to play 1 city and now the expenses of moving the stage to Latin America, Oceania, Asia or Africa are a valid excuse for some of the hive for her not playing those continents :rip:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My forehead serving “hello Dubai!” on one of the pics they posted on her website. Oh! This is not what I wanna see! :biblionny:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Some Bey YT content to binge watch if you’re bored:gaycat2:

While this particular vid is a lot of conjecture and is also dated at this stage, I do think it raises one point that I think shouldn't be overlooked. 

Bey telling us upfront last year that she conceived all three acts over the pandemic timestamps the music (and, to a degree, the concept) and IMO calls for it to not be too spaced out. Otherwise, the potency of the theme kind of evaporates slightly. Not to mention the fact that music, even for a big act like Bey, is about trends etc. She won't want to make sonic choices that feel late or sing lines/ references that feel dated either. 

Overall, she's intentionally tying these project/s together in a way she has never done with her previous albums, so even from a marketing standpoint, it doesn't make much sense going years and years at a time between the Acts IMO. She'd be shooting herself in the foot at a time when attention spans are evaporating at a rapid rate.

Look at Maxwell too. He did that with BlackSummers trilogy and is now struggling to get the third part out after starting strong with the first. Not to mention the second part, which came out seven years after the first and underperformed. 

I can see Bey's Act II coming anytime between Q4 this year and Q1/2 2024. At which point, she'd effectively be staying true to her practice of spacing out her albums by (at least) two calendar years. Iono if I actually believe there to be an Act III album. Moreso bracing for Act I / Act II being the albums and Act III being the visual for both. We'll see.

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

While this particular vid is a lot of conjecture and is also dated at this stage, I do think it raises one point that I think shouldn't be overlooked. 

Bey telling us upfront last year that she conceived all three acts over the pandemic timestamps the music and IMO calls for it to not be too spaced out. Otherwise, the potency of the theme kind of evaporates slightly. Not to mention the fact that music, even for a big act like Bey, is about trends etc. She won't want to make sonic choices that feel late or sing lines/ references that feel dated either. 

Overall, she's intentionally tying these project/s together in a way she has never done with her previous albums, so even from a marketing standpoint, it doesn't make much sense going years and years at a time between the Acts IMO. She'd be shooting herself in the foot at a time when attention spans are evaporating at a rapid rate.

Look at Maxwell too. He did that with BlackSummers trilogy and is now struggling to get the third part out after starting strong with the first. Not to mention the second part, which came out seven years after the first and underperformed. 

I can see Bey's Act II coming anytime between Q4 this year and Q1/2 2024. At which point, she'd effectively be staying true to her practice of spacing out her albums by (at least) two calendar years. Iono if I actually believe there to be an Act III album. Moreso bracing for Act I / Act II being the albums and Act III being the visual for both. We'll see.

How do you feel about the rumoured genres country and rock? Do you think Bey could manage to sell that to her fanbase? What about the 'traditional' listeners of those genres? Will they embrace Bey? Personally I'm looking forward to the music but I have ZERO expectations for commercial success. The funny thing is she's already fumbled this 3 act project with the terrible Act 1 rollout. Will be interested in seeing how her team handles things after the tour. 

If act ii is country I want it out this year. December (like SZA’s SOS) would be great.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Redporus said:

See all this ballad talk have me listening to Bey’s best ballad album IASF.

Currently listening to Satellites :gaycat7:

I am very fond of the IASF ballads. 

Bey's beautiful tone also sounds completely natural on both IASF and 4. 

5 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

lmfao :deadbanana2:this part made me physically cringe and it's even funnier seeing it from the side view

if we're being honest virgo's groove doesn't work at all live and the interpolations at the end aren't all that great

Spoiler

Her pre-recorded vocals are lifeless, it feels worse when she's laying and standing still. Too bad since both VG and POTS are exceptional, but then again she needs to rest a bit and take a breath every now and then. 

I actually love hearing the interpolations though. In addition the lines change at every show and she sounds rather passionate when she's singing those parts. 

POTS doesn’t work, but I loooooooved the love medley at the end of Virgo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yonceage said:

How do you feel about the rumoured genres country and rock? Do you think Bey could manage to sell that to her fanbase? What about the 'traditional' listeners of those genres? Will they embrace Bey? Personally I'm looking forward to the music but I have ZERO expectations for commercial success. The funny thing is she's already fumbled this 3 act project with the terrible Act 1 rollout. Will be interested in seeing how her team handles things after the tour. 

I can really see her pulling off something with Country influences. But more of a dedication to the South and Southern music + culture in a broad sense. 

Much like Rennie covers a wide scope of Dance, I can see Act II fusing songs like Daddy Lessons, No Angel, this much talked about Dolly Parton collab/cover, Bounce-inspired bops, Rolling in the Deep-like tracks, and other terrain she's not explored yet. A Southern gumbo of sorts.

They are all sounds she's toyed with in the past, but a full-fledged project comprised of this sound works on every level IMO: 

* It's true to her Southern roots

* Aligns with the whole reclaiming Black genres story of Rennie

* if packaged right (horses, cowboy hats, and smart features) will do enough "present" as enough of a "yee-haa" album to p*ss off Country "purists" and garner controversy press.

* Commercially speaking, these sonics are melodically closer to the Pop and Urban sounds required for Bey to get radio play and for the project to not skew too niche or radical. 

Now, this Rock stuff has been getting on my last nerve. Not necessarily because I don't want it, but it's literally a fan fabrication started on here or Twitter. No one anywhere in any official or semi-official capacity has teased Rock. Here's the original and only article teasing the sounds of the album/s:

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/beyonces-renaissance-album-dance-country-1235296574/

As unapologetic Chart Hive, I don't see how a Rock album will serve her well commercially now. I think for who her core and even mainstream bases are, it doesn't strike as the ish people will run to stream or gag to see live on tour. I don't mind it, but perhaps it should come in the actual "IDGAF about competing" stage of her career (which isn't now IMO). 

If there is an Act III, I'd much rather she goes the big ballad route. Literally give us a whole new suite of iconic Pop ballads ala Adele's Hello, a new Halo, some real big melodic singing sh*t. There's still a commercial market for that (on streaming and radio) and it lends itself to her whole angle of stadium moments. Or even conceiving an intimate companion show that runs alongside her stadium show (much like Gaga is doing in Vegas with her Jazz show and exactly what Ed Sheeran is doing with his simultaneous stadium/small-venue tours)

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.