Beyoncé

Kisuke

Just now, Starshine said:

As I was exiting the stadium, this white woman asked her 10 year old daughter who was better live as they went to both shows (she said Bey :eli:). I was just put off why would she even ask that? I don't get where it's coming from... no one even compared the two even during Lemmy/Reputation when Bey was getting outsold on all fronts commercially. :rip: 

Women in pop are just competing in a never ending sexism Olympics 

A lot of straight women live to tear a successful woman down, gay men live through them and use them to fight by proxy like on ATRL, and straight men typically refuse to give them credit out of fear of seeming gay. :rip: 

• Replies 111.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

21 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

This feels silly though. Her DC-4 catalogue is packed full of ubiquitous hits everyone knows. Just naming things off the top of my head

Say My Name

Bills Bills Bills

Survivor

Independent Women

Bootylicious

Lose my Breath

Crazy in Love

Baby Boy

Irreplaceable 

Ring the Alarm

If I Were a Boy

Single Ladies

Halo

Run the World

Love on Top

This isn't even including anything beyond 4 or any of her hit features. Many artists would literally murder someone for this many hits over an entire lifetime and she did it in like 10 years

How did you put Ring The Alarm there but not Naughty Girl :skull:

NG is so underrated by the fans, I really feel like it's one of her most iconic and recognizable hits. Play the chorus to anyone over the age of 15 and they will know it's Beyoncé right away! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxelFox said:

How did you put Ring The Alarm there but not Naughty Girl :skull:

NG is so underrated by the fans, I really feel like it's one of her most iconic and recognizable hits. Play the chorus to anyone over the age of 15 and they will know it's Beyoncé right away! 

When I said off the top of my head I meant it. :rip: I wasn't really putting a lot of thought into it, but NG should be there.

44 minutes ago, Otter said:

I also give some of the Beyhive the side eye when they try to come for Taylor who is an amazing talent even if her live vocals leave a lot to be desired. People will always have some wild views steeped heavily in their bias', personal preferences and tastes. 

I am a fan of both women, but I really dislike the other fan base. extremely obnoxious individuals who appear to have not known music until they became fans of her.

there are certain truths that should be apparent to anyone with a logical, anti-racist frame of thinking. vocals, dance, live show, cultural significance. no one outside of ATRL/stan twitter would even think twice about picking who's better in those particular lanes.

Just now, ShouldersSideways said:

A lot of straight women live to tear a successful woman down, gay men live through them and use them to fight by proxy like on ATRL, and straight men typically refuse to give them credit out of fear of seeming gay. :rip: 

the accuracy :redface: plus, there's the culture war side of it all. a Black and queer-centered celebration versus the epitome of cis het white womanhood (which is fine, there's nothing inherently wrong with that).

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Starshine said:

As I was exiting the stadium, this white woman asked her 10 year old daughter who was better live as they went to both shows (she said Bey :eli:). I was just put off why would she even ask that? I don't get where it's coming from... no one even compared the two even during Lemmy/Reputation when Bey was getting outsold on all fronts commercially. :rip: 

7 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Women in pop are just competing in a never ending sexism Olympics 

In 2015, I took my older sister to see Madonna at Barclays. As soon as the lights came up after the show I asked her how she liked it and she said "Beyonce was better." I said :psyduck: She was referring to having seen the Mrs Carter Show at the same venue like two years earlier. :skull: Your post just reminded me of that. And let me say I'm still pressed! 1) Be gracious, mannerless HAG, I paid a lot of money for your ticket 2) That's not what I asked 3) What prompted the comparison besides the building being the same? :rip: Worms

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

In 2015, I took my older sister to see Madonna at Barclays. As soon as the lights came up after the show I asked her how she liked it and she said "Beyonce was better." I said :psyduck: She was referring to having seen the Mrs Carter Show at the same venue like two years earlier. :skull: Your post just reminded me of that. And let me say I'm still pressed! 1) Be gracious, mannerless HAG, I paid a lot of money for your ticket 2) That's not what I asked 3) What prompted the comparison besides the building being the same? :rip: Worms

It seems to me like muva really is the standard. :jonnycat: 

Like lets save #that comparison for ACT II when she does country. :psyduck:

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

sddefault.jpg

Hide contents

Is this really the first minute of the film and the first part of the actual I’m That Girl mv or was this just filmed as a quick throw away teaser cause idk what this clip is supposed to be…

4 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

Is this really the first minute of the film and the first part of the actual I’m That Girl mv or was this just filmed as a quick throw away teaser cause idk what this clip is supposed to be…

I don't think it's the actual first half of I'm That Girl/part of the film. it feels more like something they shot for fun (her lip syncing to the song) and threw together with some select excerpts from the film. but we don't know, none of us know the real tea.

JayZ is back on instagram. OTR3 is coming 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

spacer.png

Prediction: ACT 2 and 3 drop at the same time with act 3 being the rumored jay-z collab album and OTR3 gets announced

4 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

spacer.png

She's the only person he follows and I assume like last time she'll follow him back, then he'll delete once whatever he's using it to promo is over.

IMG_3960.thumb.gif.e1f5b10dc6dc8e9f9ac85

48 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

Prediction: ACT 2 and 3 drop at the same time with act 3 being the rumored jay-z collab album and OTR3 gets announced

I'd rather have nothing

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Blumoon said:

You're not lying.  Thats the go to for Beyonce, that she has no hits or doesn't have the catalogue.  Was a huge discussion point when everyone was talking about potential verzus competition for example.

I just decided that if Bey wants that to be her legacy, so be it.  She wont course correct until the GP not knowing her songs impacts tour sales.

Thank you! I hate when people try to gaslight you.  It's a conversation that happens way to often with Beyonce. 

I just decided that if Bey wants that to be her legacy, so be it.  She wont course correct until the GP not knowing her songs impacts tour sales.

I'm slowly getting there.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

She's the only person he follows and I assume like last time she'll follow him back, then he'll delete once whatever he's using it to promo is over.

IMG_3960.thumb.gif.e1f5b10dc6dc8e9f9ac85

The way she wasn't the person he was actually following at first. :rip:

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

spacer.png

Please no. Literally no one has asked for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carameldelight said:

Please no. Literally no one has asked for it.

The way that man is like a plague the Hive avoids. :skull: We don't want that man! Stay away from her!

• Like 1

Relearning the lyrics to Song Cry for my date. Come through king!!

Spoiler

:cm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will never forgive her for her not blessing Earth with a televised Cozy performance. Now THAT couldve turned out to be legendary, especially with Kevin anouncing her and her drawing out the LGBTQIA+ flag :jonny6:

• Like 2

“Beyoncé has no hits since 2010” discussion is outdated she had two big global hits last year. Before that yeah drunk in love and formation made waves but weren’t as big as Break my soul and definitely not cuff it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Redporus said:

Sooooo what are we discussing today? :-*

How we dont want OT3

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

How we dont want OT3

We never wanted OT1 & 2 so what would give them the idea we want another join tour? :-*

Though OT1 was cute. :-*

Edited by Redporus
  • Like 1

OTR was super cute OTR 2 was um… I liked the costumes and the parts that were from beychella

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.