Holy Trinity 9 ? Winners Revealed! (page. 60) - THANK YOU!

minho

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minho

• ATRL Username

• Hug

• ughgabriel

Top Posters In This Topic

Votes

Nightmares - Auburn, ughgabriel, Pinkbox

Fairytales - Hug

But who will be the triple voter :shook:

You're all voting for Nightmares because he voted to lynch a townie last round, but Fairytales was jailed and we have no idea how she would have voted. Day 1, Nightmares voted to lynch Cartoons, who was confirmed mafia. The votes so far: - 

Nightmares: CartoonsColorsEmoji

Fairytales: "Me" - Illuminati - jailed

Tbh Fairytales is looking more suspicious to me. Plus Hug is the only confirmed townie alive and he voted for Fairytales.

Vote Fairytales

Nightmares

I'm no fairy!!! I vote nightmares 

1 hour ago, PinkBox said:

nightmares

sending 3 dua lipa songs

?

gf3h37A.png

@PinkBox @Hug @Gay Rat Divorce @coomy @luckystrike @Not Like The Movies @Dessy @clue 

@ughgabriel @Rotunda @Overprotected @Auburn @Astronomy @MusicLoverDude

Spoiler

Hug: Immediately I want to commend you for taking a more creative approach to the '80s decade.  It could've been easy to focus on the familiar '80s synthpop styles, but you chose a different direction.  City Pop was a really cool basis for your entry, its a musical trend that I don't think gets enough recognition (certainly not in the west) but has so much potential.  All of your songs were fantastic, and you lowkey included one of my favourite Kpop songs of all time in this too.  Overall, a great example of how an entry can be creative and well thought out, without needing TOO much.

coomy: Very cool concept, and not one that I thought of myself!  I'll admit I'm a bit unfamiliar with the rave scene or hwo that translates into music but I do feel like your song choices got your theme across really well.  This one wasn't as impactful as some of your other entries, just because it was a bit on the simpler/straightforward side.  I think it would've been cool if you tried something creative with your presentation (maybe imagined what a young 20 something would be thinking of if they were attending a rave? idk). 

Gay Rat Divorce: Me learning about artists through the contestants.  Right off the bat this was incredible aesthetically, it captured the comic feel of the time period and your choice to highlight the work of an artist was a nice choice because it took a different approach to the decade.  The song choices were fitting as well, and I like that you took some time to explain your thought process.

clue: The whole Americana of the '50s/60s is such a cool approach for this round, and I'm glad that you took it!  Aesthetically I find this period very fascinating, and its one that can be looked at with a tongue-in-cheek approach easily.  The "recipe" format was sooo creative.  Your song choices were literally perfect, and everything was just simple but mesmerizing.

PinkBox: With each entry i'm getting more and more interested in the way you present your ideas.  I think you're articulating them in ways that make more sense and help us get a better insight into your theme - great!  This focus was particularly interesting to me, and I think you picked some nice songs to fit, although they were kind of just there?  Like it made sense why you picked what you picked but idk... a more creative approach could've been cool?  Though I can't actually fault you on that.  I will say this is probably my favourite entry of yours so far.

Rotunda: Very VERY cool theme, I'm just really glad to see a lot of people think outside the box for this round, and you chose to represent something that not a lot of people would think of.  Musically this is spot on, and probably one of my favourite in that regard.  I do think this could've used more to go all the way with the concept, but overall its super strong.

Auburn: Interesting genre concept!  I wish that this had more substance to it, and maybe more thoughtful commentary on the genre (maybe the origins of the genre, or what it is that makes it so special) to really take it to the next level.

Dessy: You didn't lie when you said HISTORY lesson.  I'm really intrigued by your concept and the way you explained it kept my attention the whole way through so great job there!  The Jazz age aspect was one of the strongest parts of your entry.  I do wish it was consistently as strong but overall it was a good entry and probably my favourite of yours so far.

NLTM: I think I said this but I wanted to applaud you for coming up with an idea that didn't even occur to me at all :deadbanana:  Aaliyah is such an influential artist for so many modern day artists and throughout time that it makes sense to showcase how her sound developed R&B and pop.  Your song choices are great examples of the point you were getting across.

luckystrike: It's a nice, easy, straight-forward entry and I do like that you covered an important historical event.  It's a BIT on the simple side for my tastes, but that's fine.  Songwise it does fit your concept well!

Overprotected: This was an idea that made a lot of sense to build an entry around!  Good song choices, wish there was more to the entry but its a nice start.

Astronomy: :skull: well you captured a trend alright.  This was such a scream of an entry, and I honestly just found there were SO many little details that you took the time to focus on, I was impressed.  The songs obviously capture this period well too.  I just... mess

ughgabriel: Not you taking us back in TIME.  Also with the way this is going i"m expecting nothing less than a full published novel next round.  In some ways this went over my head but that's more on me because I'm a basic dummy, but it was such a rich entry that I was impressed by the work you put in. 

MLD: Nice entry again, I liked the focus on Disney Channel since it has the perfect nostalgic edge to it.  The songs capture your theme well.  I think it will be a bit tough to rank since a lot of people went really creative with their concepts, but I do want to say this is a solid entry nonetheless.

nisTAK8.png

Hihi did this as quickly as possible because I'm really busy lately so hopefully this isn't more messy than usual f :heart2:

Spoiler

Hug - Well you got me city pop, Korean pop and a cute ass story?! Probably my favorite set of songs so far tbh and your best entry so far, I really enjoyed everything about it. Let me checkout some of these artists.

coomy - Oh took me a sec to realize that you remixed all the songs for the vid but I really enjoyed it. And these look like my people!! If I ever clubbed or whatever we would be busting out some of these dance moves I think….so yea this is why we don’t do that. 

Gay Rat Divorce - Love that you give something new each round! Love the concept and the song set may not have been my fav from you, but they fit well and especially loved the chat bubbles, very fun to read.

clue - Well you really know how to make these simple entries just work huh. Wouldn’t put it past you to just send links to 3 youtube vids and make complete sense and get a HT placement in a round tbh. Loved the song choices as well. 

PinkBox - Can’t wait for this queen to show up in The Crown (now streaming on Netflix!). Anyway, I really liked reading your entry as usual. Your funny stuff was really good as well but it's nice to see a more “serious” entry from you and I think you did a good job yea. 

Rotunda - Loved the opening paragraph so I expect maybe a bit more in the written parts about the songs. Like with your last entry I really enjoyed the written parts and they weren't even that long but were very effective so this felt somewhat like a downgrade compared to that but still loved the concept and enjoyed the songs, especially the Crazy In Love cover which was fun. 

Auburn - Well I really liked listening to the songs but your most basic entry so far I think. Like “basic” entries can really work as seen in the past and even this round but you really need to be creative as well. You always seem to pick nice songs but then your actual entry lacks a bit yea.

Dessy - Oh another Crazy In Love cover,  nice liked this one as well. Good entry, What A Wonderful World such a nice song. Didn’t really like the dime one but overall I liked your entry. 

Not Like The Movies - This was really nice and great song choices. Don’t really know much about her but sad that such a tragic thing had to happen to her :( I read a thread on ATRL that she didn’t even want to get on the plane which makes it even more sad.

luckystrike - Very simple but nice concept. A good concept really helps with these simpler entries. I loved your last entry so much so this was a bit too simple but still good. 

Overprotected - plsss not the google images collage and spotify link (don't be poor) when you can use Spotify for free dhffh. Pretty basic but at least you used bops x 

Astronomy - fhjdf the Details section I can’t c;  and the Candyland song dhdfhfdh pls. Another smash entry perry 

ughgabriel - oop not her snapping at the end, curse them queen! Really enjoyed reading your entry as usual and didn’t expect anything near this time period but it was really well done. Nicholas a lil bitch x

MLD - Oh loved this concept and song choices actually. Burnin’ Up still a bop. You did a good job with this one. The you’re watching Disney channel memories :(

@PinkBox @Hug @Gay Rat Divorce @coomy @luckystrike @Not Like The Movies @Dessy @clue 

@ughgabriel @Rotunda @Overprotected @Auburn @Astronomy @MusicLoverDude

Gay Rat Divorce

Oh I should say thank you to minho and Henry, so thank you! :sistrens:y'alls reviews highlighting the song choices making me feel more confident in my ability to pick good songs :'( 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.