Holy Trinity 9 ? Winners Revealed! (page. 60) - THANK YOU!

minho

2 hours ago, minho said:

uq8ieehd0w901.jpg

This is one of the most audible images on the internet 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minho

• ATRL Username

• Hug

• ughgabriel

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Gay Rat Divorce said:

World War 2...

the way I CANT at this :bibliahh:

RDfTwGt.png

Spoiler

Hug - very proud of you :heart2: I think your previous two entries were great too, but there were noticeable flaws. This is beautifully written, and is conceptually also easily your strongest work in the competition so far. I like how well the songs sonically help the story you're telling. I especially thought that Nan Baboya was effective in creating this atmosphere. Also like that you went with this route, not something I expected, but I like the interpretation!

Coomy - This is okay! I like the concept of going to cover rave parties. I'll say that the songs were perfect fits, they gave off the rave feel perfectly. I am still not a huge fan of songs that are too on-the-nose/too obvious (like your second pick), but if it fits, it fits and I can't be too mad at it. That said, I was hoping for a bit more, I can see from the short things you wrote about your songs that you have a good writing style, so I would've loved to seen you elaborate more on rave culture, or bring it together in another way. I loved the video you did tho! So all in all, some good things, and some things that could've been better

Gay Rat Divorce - v cute! Conceptually it's very original and it's well thought out. Loved the song choices, they fit well, and I love that you gave us an inside on why you chose certain things. I know you didn't do that before, and I don't think it's always necessary either, but here it was very welcome. It showed me that you really thought this out. It's very smart x

Clue - LOVE this idea. It's very simplistic, but it works. Love the idea of writing this into a recipe. Maybe my favorite entry of yours to date :mandown: it's just super effective without trying too hard :mandown: 

Pinkbox - First of all, I wanna applaud you for doing something new for you! It's a nice change of pace and it shows that you can do different things too! I loved seeing a more elaborate writing style from you for this. Is it a perfect entry? No, but it's good! I especially hold issue a bit with Candle In The Wind, which is the same critique that I gave Coomy, and many others in previous rounds, it's that I don't really like these easy way outs. Obviously Candle In The Wind would fit. Also think that Paparazzi might not be the best fit ever, but I can see it work so I'm not too mad at it. I'm pleased to see you try different things though!

Rotunda - Very original concept! Also, your song choices were perfect. I feel like at points this might've been too bare? I liked the concept, but I was hoping to see a bit more of the story in the song explanations. You have such a great concept (one of the best of this round), so don't be afraid to capitalize a bit more on your concept. Very good job though :heart2: 

Auburn - Good song choices, but it's missing a bit of creativity. It's a bit too, minimal to really impress me. 

Dessy - Very smart pick to cover the roaring twenties, if I had to make an entry I would probably gravitate to this decade. Writing wise, this easily your strongest work. There's really no question about it. I wish your concept was more clear than just covering the decade. I think you started off strong, and finished strong, but I don't know if your Great Gatsby's excerpt really helps the entry. That said, I'm really impressed, easily your best work in this competition so far :heart2: very nice to see you improve xx

NLTM - hmm interesting! I do think that this is a nice concept, with strong songs to back it up, but it doesn't really blow me away by any means. I think you could've covered this in another way, with maybe a bit more creativity. Very enjoyable set of songs though, so song wise, you're good. :heart2: 

Luckystrike - look at your lil ass tryna cover history, okay girl! Anyways, like I said before, I don't like it when songs are too easy of picks, but I think it works here because all of your songs have a clear space theme, actually making this more cohesive. I will say be careful with not going too easy and simple, but for now, I'd argue that it works. Nice job, it's pretty simple and short, but I think it works nicely

Overprotected - This is a bit too bare and minimal, but the song choices are perfect also your reasoning for including HAIM fjsojsofjs the way I can't with your ass serving;

D4hcXuWWkAA0fQA.jpg

Astro - I CANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT WITH YOUR ASS :bibliahh:the way I HOWLED when I opened the link. I'm not sure why you wanted me to relive this style (actually hate chu! for  it), but I can't really dock anything about this. You're on a roll

Ughgabriel - very enjoyable to read, as always, song choices were nice. Also cackling at the fact that you said **** the 20th century, lemme cover some witch **** :ahh: wish more people did that :mandown: . Will say that something is missing from this, and I can't quite put my finger on it. I guess it can also simply be that you put the bar so high for yourself, that it's hard to achieve every round :deadbanana:Still, a really, really great job :heart2: 

MLD - Cute concept to cover the 90s with disney channel music. I see you made sure to do an entry that is cohesive, and I think you succeeded in creating that. Am I blown away by this? Not really, but I think it's decent. I think the biggest problem here is that a lot of people went out their way, and not so much that this is your own fault. Think this is nice though, and probably your best thought out entry thus far this season, so it's nice to see some growth

Thanks to everyone that did send :heart2: this was very fun and I love seeing you guys grow as times go on :heart2: 

@PinkBox @Hug @Gay Rat Divorce @coomy @luckystrike @Not Like The Movies @Dessy @clue @kipperskipper @ughgabriel @Rotunda @Overprotected @Auburn @Astronomy @disruptive @MusicLoverDude 

First of all, I wanna applaud you for doing something new for you! It's a nice change of pace and it shows that you can do different things too!

pleaseeeeee

Thank for the comment. I can see your issue with the second part, I kinda spent hours there stumped alone :bibliahh:

Panned 3/3 rounds

Omg yes the way I didn't get middling comments this time. Love that for ME. Thank you bagels! ?

2 minutes ago, minho said:

would people be interested in voting for the next round's theme

blStADN.gif

Yes 

blStADN.gif

4 minutes ago, minho said:

blStADN.gif

yas

13 minutes ago, minho said:

blStADN.gif

i like my fate being out of my control :sistrens:

Okay!  If you would like to participate in voting for the next theme, I will give you only two vague, single-word ideas. 

The details of the round will become clear when the actual round is posted.

I'll take every vote into count but ONLY VOTES IN THE THREAD WILL COUNT BECAUSE I WANT RATINGS!

To vote just pick the theme that gives you more ideas:

blStADN.gif

NIGHTMARES

or

FAIRYTALES

6 minutes ago, Hug said:

i like my fate being out of my control :sistrens:

I made it so that the details will be left a surprise but the general vague idea is there

best of both worlds :sistrens:

Just now, PinkBox said:

I vote celine dion theme

Well maybe there will be a future power that allows you to do this :sistrens:

1 minute ago, minho said:

Well maybe there will be a future power that allows you to do this :sistrens:

a nightmare a literal nightmare

Nightmares x

not that I'll be around much longer anyway LOL

Just now, Auburn said:

Nightmares x

not that I'll be around much longer anyway LOL

its literally a non elim round :oop:

Nightmares 

blStADN.gif

2 minutes ago, minho said:

its literally a non elim round :oop:

drag!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.