All Time Hot 100 Songwriters

Ash12345

Didn’t know Jon co-wrote Cher’s “We All Sleep Alone” but it makes total sense.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

Those Glee mashups of the Bon Jovi tracks high-key slap

7 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

hopefully Carol and Diane can come thru to the top ten for some feminine energy 

Has Mariah been listed yet? 

It's My Life is still THAT song. :clap3:

11 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

The list being oficially all men now :rip:

Yeah the list is over 90% men and we're currently in the longest stretch of reveals that doesn't have any women. The last stretch of reveals will help make up for that though.

4 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Has Mariah been listed yet? 

Not yet.

1 minute ago, Ash12345 said:

Not yet.

Ok, cool. Thought I might have missed her, but I usually check the thread when you tag me. Keep up the great work!!

14 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Ok, cool. Thought I might have missed her, but I usually check the thread when you tag me. Keep up the great work!!

The honorable mentions aren't in the original post but all the top 100 reveals are so you can check those to see if you missed anything.

Honorable Mention - Dallas Austin

dallas-austin-330.jpg

Most streamed Hot 100 hits on Spotify

622m - FourFiveSeconds (Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney)

90m - Just Like A Pill (P!nk)

86m - Creep (TLC)

51m - Hit 'Em Up Style (Blu Cantrell)

45m - Cool (Gwen Stefani)

Table of Points

S0DMDOB.jpg

ExJueml.jpg

1 hour ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Hopefully Taylor comes through also :gaycat1:

OT - Great work :clap3:

Edited by mcohen

Yeah this list is pretty much men, but those females that are high are going to be really high. At least I hope. 

Daddy Luda and Bon Jovi? I'm so turned on now.

Imagine a 3some with both of them. Yes, please.

44 minutes ago, Witch Privilege said:

Daddy Luda and Bon Jovi? I'm so turned on now.

Imagine a 3some with both of them. Yes, please.

Basically the first thing I read about Bon Jovi for my write up was about his parents and how both of them were former marines and his mother was also a playboy model. 

1 hour ago, Dibbles said:

This is so interesting to read and love the background stories. Amazing job so far @Ash12345 can you tag me please. I'd like to keep up. 

I agree with you! And yeah I'd like to be tagged also!

The next reveal doesn't have very good recurrent stats but maybe that's just because his music is from the early Hot 100 days and from a genre that's not very popular on Spotify (a lot of country songs), and because his points come more from having a lot of solo written songs rather than a lot of huge hits.

14 hours ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Also Ester Dean, Sia, perhaps Linda Perry

13 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

Honorable Mention - Dallas Austin

622m - FourFiveSeconds (Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney)

I'm shook, he worked on that song??? Or was there a sample somewhere??

Very talented young producer in the 90s. He prolly still got it but not sure why he's not as prominent as he used to.

73. John D. Loudermilk

636101329392928525-610316-a.JPG?width=53

John D Loudermilk grew up in a Baptist family in North Carolina and although he had a solo career, most of his hits were for other singers. When he was working for a local TV station as a young man, they agreed to air a song he wrote as a teenager, "A Rose and a Baby Ruth", which led to it getting recorded by George Hamilton IV and reaching #6 on the Top 100 chart (the predecessor to the Hot 100) in 1956. He wrote a lot of country and pop hits in the 60s and 70s and returned to the charts in 1994 when Tim McGraw sampled his biggest hit "Indian Reservation" in his song "Indian Outlaw".

22m - Indian Outlaw (Tim McGraw)

5m - Indian Reservation (Paul Revere & The Raiders)

2m - Tobacco Road (The Nashville Teens)

2m - Abilene (George Hamilton IV)

1m - Sad Movies (Sue Thompson)

Table of Points

LwVFk83.jpg

537Le5w.jpg

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb @Arxane @1989 @Mr. Duff @ECNEICSNOC @BtDecember @pavi @Kylie Jenner @deGonzz @Jorq @Dibbles

Edited by Ash12345

37 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

The next reveal doesn't have very good recurrent stats but maybe that's just because his music is from the early Hot 100 days and from a genre that's not very popular on Spotify (a lot of country songs), and because his points come more from having a lot of solo written songs rather than a lot of huge hits.

The fact that some of his biggest hits have him writing about sensitive issues in a rather clueless way doesn't help though.

14 hours ago, Ash12345 said:

The honorable mentions aren't in the original post but all the top 100 reveals are so you can check those to see if you missed anything.

Can you make a list of the Honorable Mentions in the OP. 

Ludacris and Bon Jovi :clap3: 

I have no idea who John Loudermilk is but damn, those solo-written songs!!! He deserves more recognition!

The original version of "Indian Reservation" recorded under the name "Pale Faced Indian" by Marvin Rainwater in 1960 was written from a perspective that was sympathetic to the plight of Native Americans, and Marvin Rainwater was apparently of 1/4 Cherokee, and grew up in Kansas, but this lyric is a bit of a head scratcher

They took away our way of life

Our tomahawk and the huntin' knife

And the old teepee we all loved so

They're using now just for a show

While for a song from 1960, it's a nice effort to mention how white man was appropriating elements of Native American culture such as teepees for show, the song is sung from the perspective of a Cherokee man, and the Cherokee were a Southeast Woodlands people who did not live in teepees like the tribes of the Great Plains did. Maybe Marvin Rainwater picked up on the way the native Americans from where he grew up (Kansas) were portrayed and latched onto that because he didn't have an intact connection with his ancestors, and that's why he didn't correct Loudermilk's misconceptions and was ok with singing that lyric?

That misconception lived on in the first charting version of the song (#20), the 1968 cover recorded by British pop singer Don Fardon which also makes a reference to white man taking away his "prairie knife" although they are removed from the Paul Revere & The Raiders cover which reached #1 in 1971. It's still not as bad as the trainwreck of cliches that is Tim McGraw's "Indian Outlaw" though, which samples "Indian Reservation" and is the song that launched his career as a country singer, reaching #8 on the country charts and #15 on the Hot 100.

Honorable Mention - Calvin Broadus (Snoop Dogg)

jvjasD7v_400x400.jpg?format=500w

604m - Young, Wild & Free (Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa feat. Bruno Mars)

471m - Still D.R.E. (Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg)

389m - The Next Episode (Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg, Kurupt, Nate Dogg)

316m - Wiggle (Jason Derulo feat. Snoop Dogg)

260m - Drop It Like It's Hot (Snoop Dogg feat. Pharrell)

Table of Points

Lthjg8g.jpg

pnpguBm.jpg

2 hours ago, 1DES said:

Can you make a list of the Honorable Mentions in the OP. 

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.