7.1 million, Firework

5.9 million, ET

5.8 million, California Gurls

4.9 million, Teenage Dream

3.8 million, Last Friday Night

3.5 million, Wide Awake

2.9 million, Part of Me

2.8 million, The One That Got Away

This is basically the entire album :rip: There are 3m more people who basically have enough tracks from Teenage Dream on their iPod that you could realistically say they own the album. It's not unreasonable to say it sold 6m copies in the US.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustActinUP

• DELE2125

• Cryptique

• Natawie

9 hours ago, Eternium said:

"Platinum" is run solely by the RIAA but it's cute to see you girls trying so hard to backtrack :fan:

She'll have two 4x Platinum albums and an 8x Platinum album once she gets around to certifying her past hits. For those of you unable to keep up: that's multi-Platinum albums.

Well maybe in that alternative universal you live in, here Soundscan doesn't exist. 

10 hours ago, GreasyBruce said:

7.1 million, Firework

5.9 million, ET

3.5 million, Wide Awake

2.9 million, Part of Me

This is basically the entire album :rip: There are 3m more people who basically have enough tracks from Teenage Dream on their iPod that you could realistically say they own the album. It's not unreasonable to say it sold 6m copies in the US.

That is 8 songs. 6 of them are on the album (6/12), or 8/19 on confection edition.  Plus, ET single was remix with Kanye that is not on TD. Also, some other songs were remixed.

Anyway, impressive singles sales. Album sales far from that.

I never knew LFN and TOTGA sold that only.. I mean, it felt bigger to me.. I think it deserves more, but considering it as 5th and 6th singles??

wtf, those SINGLE SALES are crazzyyy..

ALBUM sales are looking good too..

She's done really well in the singles department, its clear she has some future classics in her discography :clap3:

Mess at Unconditionally's sales though, especially compared to Roar :rip:

it's just sad tho that we will never see sales like these again.. NO SHADE but the truth considering the over all scenario..

and katy selling this as a lead.  WOW..

and my fave also of course.. selling 50m singles pure sales in US alone with few single releases and as a lead.. WHEEWW..

55 minutes ago, www said:

That is 8 songs. 6 of them are on the album (6/12), or 8/19 on confection edition.  Plus, ET single was remix with Kanye that is not on TD. Also, some other songs were remixed.

8 songs is like 3 times of the average somewhere between 2 and 3 songs you want.

Especially when you look back to the economic reason behind album sales in the physical era. 3x 5 euro CD single was just as expensive as a 15 euro album. If you wanted 2 or 3 songs you were pushed into buying the 9 to 10 fillers too.

To make certifications comparable to the previous decades. 3 hit singles already full qualify for counting as album sales. 6 of original TD release or 8 of the re-release definitely overqualify it for counting as album sales.

After all charts and certifications measure popularity and how big an artist feels. If the TD era feels like 6x platinum in the 90s, then they should give her 6x platinum.

Edited by katykater

11 hours ago, GreasyBruce said:

7.1 million, Firework

5.9 million, ET

3.5 million, Wide Awake

2.9 million, Part of Me

that isn't the case tho.. but these sells I believe can at least be converted TEA.. get that 3m deserved tea Katy..

On 21 Şubat 2017 at 8:46 AM, Monster Megamind said:

Every song on that list is a gem except Part of me & Roar... 

also exclude Wide Awake, Thinking of You, Unconditionally.

Her only classics are I Kissed a Girl, Hot n Cold, California Girls & Firework tho.

none of her other singles could even approach them (yes, Dark Horse included)

3 hours ago, www said:

the album is like 12 dollars and if she sold 8 singles from it then that's 10 dollars of it 

so they basically own the album but okay 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.