Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

seanbworth

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by seanbworth

  1. The Spotify numbers are gonna be absolute tea later…
  2. For NYE? I feel like DTN could do 3-4M+ tbh
  3. Venting: God there’s nothing I hate more than a success stan. Always complaining about numbers, complaining about promo not being enough, complaining about the song not having the formula to be a hit; always criticizing the artist for every little thing just cause of some chart placement and always never knowing when to stfu about it. people like that ruin the fun for everyone else. The amount of ppl on Twitter who were gagging over Houdini just to say it “aged” after first week and start switching on Dua is crazy. I don’t even blame the loves here for not even wanting to engage in this thread anymore, and it doesn’t even surprise me that the Twitter loves that genuinely enjoy Houdini like I do aren’t even active anymore because their tl (just like mine) are filled with people complaining about numbers.
  4. The only thing that’ll make or break Houdini in America are the callouts. It going viral or not won’t help if the radio support is giving Guts era.
  5. She still lost less than songs around the same numbers, I was just giving an example.
  6. Houdini — Spotify Update: - WW: #32(-3) 2,209,936 streams USA: #114(-15) 355,754 streams UK: #35(-9) 153,839 streams AUS: #19(-3) 114,998 streams Overall, not a bad Sunday update despite Holiday songs steamrolling their way in, we only lost a little over 400k streams compared to others (i.e. greedy lost over 600k). The only obvious thing I see here is that the America (at least for now) has rejected Houdini completely. Dance The Night, WWIMF, and even Daylight by that David Kushner guy is above it on Spotify US
  7. Why do everyone always say this when Physical wasn’t even serviced as an American single? It’s not even the same situation.
  8. Just came back here to say if you’re looking for a good laugh just go for a quick recap on the Dance The Night thread. Idk what’s funnier, the swan song 2.0 allegations or the “this is a top 30 hit at best”
  9. The US streams are in the gutter
  10. History is repeating itself with these Dua threads I remember when DSN came out and the antis back then were saying it had “no chance” of being a hit in NA since America ditched disco. DSN suffered the same abysmal weekend updates in Nov and they all joked about her having a sophomore slump just for it to blow up in 2020 and become one of her career highlights, it’s embarrassing that we even entertain these haters.
  11. The points are low due to Hot 100 restrictions Billboard themselves implemented. The chart points being low doesn’t make it easier to hit #1 or top 10 because that doesn’t make any sense. The methodology as a whole shrinks everyone’s points.
  12. Xmas climate has started extremely early this year and is killing everyone’s streams so there’s really no point in worrying too much about Houdini’s numbers right now. Look at DSN & Levitating remix around this time in their respective years, completely abysmal updates. January is the month where we can truly judge whether this is a hit or a flop for Dua, it already seems like its gonna be a massive European single next year.
  13. Nobody is talking about Dance The Night, it had a pretty impressive Spotify update, increasing on US Spotify. It’s extremely stable now on the weekend updates too which we struggled with for MONTHS , haha! Coming to the conclusion that the American GP still recognizes Dance The Night as Dua’s huge comeback. Houdini will probably get that attention in 2024, I’m sure!
  14. Thanks for foreshadowing exactly what y’all are going to use as an excuse if this song ends up taking off in January. There’s always an excuse when she smashes.
  15. With this logic I can use Drake as an interesting artist whose song that went No. 1 with SZA on first week is currently sitting at No. 70 on the charts. Two big massive names on a song, both of which have really strong support bases. Is the problem with Drake still lack of interest despite ‘smashing out the gate’ ? Surely that’s the only explanation for why people who tend to smash out the gate always fall off after a month tops.
  16. Our real threats are Sunday updates. Dance The Night suffered Pearl Harbor vessels level of tanking on Sunday updates
  17. I mea , even Warner themselves said it’s something they’ve focused on. Putting Dua’s song out there and hoping it reaches a massive audience after a few months out in the airwaves. It’s the most profitable way to sell a single if you do it right, I mean look at all of FN singles.
  18. The fall was unexpected but not bad, 3.5M global streams is still really impressive in my book. Also, the song IS good. Not one single Spotify update will change my mind on this like it has done to some of y’all A critically acclaimed song only been out for a week getting the same treatment Dance The Night had until it started smashing. I’ll sit patiently like I’m supposed to and wait for the smashery in January.
  19. Everyone’s saying Dukagjin doesn’t have the same strategy TAP has. I feel like TAP focused more on pushing singles than pushing the actual artist [Dua]. I think the campaign for Houdini (and eventually the DL3 era) is gonna focus on building Dua a fanbase, which explains why only fans are able to get exclusive updates on what she’s doing next, she’s doing more personal interviews, taking more ownership of her brand. I’m starting to realize this era might be the era where Dua truly builds that base of support Twitter and ODH on here clowns her for not having. I mean, this is already her biggest Spotify debut and I’m hearing many people from other fanbases praise her. Idk, maybe Duki is slacking and I’m just overthinking but I do personally believe how Duki is handling her career is gonna be worth it in the end.
  20. Dua has a great Spotify update and then the discussion is “it could’ve been better”. Atp, I’m not taking anything seriously anymore… she’s smashing and no one can tell me otherwise.
  21. She’s houdining with the instrumental
  22. Yes I’ll admit, she’s more reliant on the GP in the USA more than anywhere else and the stats have been showing that for a long time, that’s more to do with management though but I think now that her family is handling her career it’ll be a lot better. A Dua Lipa Fan account should’ve been made 6 years ago, lol
  23. Saying no one knows who she is in USA when she’s been name-dropped in many popular American shows & movies, songs played at any big function, and she’s really popular for fashion, Americans were eating up her photo dump they called her queen of photo dumps. Many pop girls will need a trendy rapper from time to time to push their songs in North America, it’s been a thing for a very long time and will probably always be like that. Also, Billie, Dua, and Olivia all make very different music…lol.
  24. True, I was just venting the numbers are actually really good it’s barely been a week, the hate has just been getting to my head thats all. For a song that American GP probably don’t even consider a comeback, it’s doing pretty decent and it’ll catch on I’m sure of it!
  25. How can she possibly lose USA streams on a Monday update? Is American taste really THAT bad or do they actually hate her sm? I’m sorry y’all, it’s the streaming era and it shouldn’t take months of radio play for room temperature-IQ Americans to catch on to the constant bops dua has to offer. It’s so annoying because if the USA supported her, #1 on Spotify Global would’ve been hers, FN would’ve had 2 #1 singles, BMH would’ve been a top 10 hit, and the list goes on. You mean to tell me she dropped one of the biggest pop albums arguable of the entire century and Americans are still not moving when she breathes??? They don’t deserve her at all.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.