Billboard Charts (September 3-9, 2017)

iHype.

97. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me (NEW) [1 week on the charts] *new peak this week*

83. Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug - Havana (+11) [3 weeks on the charts] *new peak this week*

58. Selena Gomez featuring Gucci Mane - Fetish (-3) [8 weeks on the charts] *peak #27 for one week*

47. Katy Perry featuring Nicki Minaj - Swish Swish (RE-ENTRY) [8 weeks on the charts] *peak #46 for one week*

27. Kesha - Praying (+1) [8 weeks on the charts] *peak #22 for one week*

20. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (+3) [11 weeks on the charts] *new peak this week*

18. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (=) [8 weeks on the charts] *second week at its peak*

15. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (-1) [18 weeks on the charts] *peak #14 for one week*

13. Yo Gotti and Mike WiLL Made-It, featuring Nicki Minaj - Rake It Up (-3) [9 weeks on the charts] *peak #10 for one week*

10. Liam Payne featuring Quavo - Strip That Down (+1) [15 weeks on the charts] *new peak this week*

9. Logic featuring Alessia Cara and Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 (+20) [18 weeks on the charts] *new peak this week*

8. Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (-1) [19 weeks on the charts] *peak #6 for one week*

7. French Montana featuring Swae Lee - Unforgettable [21 weeks on the charts] (-1) *peak #3 for two weeks*

6. Imagine Dragons - Believer (-2) [30 weeks on the charts] *peak #4 for two, non-constrictive weeks*

5. Charlie Puth - Attention (=) [19 weeks on the charts] *third week at its peak*

4. DJ Khaled featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (-2) [11 weeks on the charts] *peak #2 for seven weeks*

3. Cardi B - Bodak Yellow (Money Moves) [=] [9 weeks on the charts] *third week at its peak*

2. Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee, featuring Justin Bieber - Despacito (Remix) [-1] [33 weeks on the charts] *peak #1 for sixteen weeks*

1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (+76) [2 weeks on the charts] *new peak this week*

Edited by Pacaveli

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• Headlock

• Agenor

QueenofCopyPaste

So who is radio #1?

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, Pacaveli said:

10. Liam Payne featuring Quavo - Strip That Down (+1)

ATRL LOST!!!! 

• ATRL Moderator

yass bodak yellow is #3 :party:

Taylor. :deadbanana2:

She saved Mariah.

7 minutes ago, Fruity said:

@Kkamjong yes I see what you mean, I just wanted to read what you had to say about it.:celestial4:

I agree with you that sales extrapolation cant be presented as fact, I don't know, but don't think ihype was presenting it as such though. Like it's not an exact science but just interesting trivia I guess? But yeh there are definitely other external factors at play that change consumer behaviour whilst the digital market declines. Not only the introduction of streaming like you mentioned but for example, with 25's 3 million+ release week, yes album sales have declined but also our digital age allows for much more kind of viral/ridiculous hype which helps build those kind of huge first week numbers for particular artists, compared to the era pre social media. So not only do things change within the market but also outside of it (advertising, PR, media etc etc) which complicate the way people consume.

I understand its not really serious, but I keep seeing that logic being used and it's just like...if its obviously inaccurate why does it matter :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator

Worst #1 in decades. One of those who you won't even remember it ever topped the chart.

This is the only time I'll support Taylor....saving Mariah :clap3:

Quavo's had such a huge year, both with Migos and features. Fascinating.

5 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Quavo's had such a huge year, both with Migos and features. Fascinating.

You're right. :worship2: Head Huncho stays winning and haters are still mad of it. :-* I just love it.

Edited by Pacaveli

7 minutes ago, Porygon2z said:

Worst #1 in decades. One of those who you won't even remember it ever topped the chart.

Ok. So glad you can tell the future :eek:

OT: Wow Taylor :jonny:

Those streams and sales. Unbelievable :jonny:

Yassssss, congrats Tay!!! :heart2: :clap3::alexz:

Such a huge opening, can't wait for what else is to come in this Reputation era :celestial4::celestial:

24 minutes ago, Fruity said:

@Kkamjong yes I see what you mean, I just wanted to read what you had to say about it.:celestial4:

I agree with you that sales extrapolation cant be presented as fact, I don't know, but don't think ihype was presenting it as such though. Like it's not an exact science but just interesting trivia I guess? But yeh there are definitely other external factors at play that change consumer behaviour whilst the digital market declines. Not only the introduction of streaming like you mentioned but for example, with 25's 3 million+ release week, yes album sales have declined but also our digital age allows for much more kind of viral/ridiculous hype which helps build those kind of huge first week numbers for particular artists, compared to the era pre social media. So not only do things change within the market but also outside of it (advertising, PR, media etc etc) which complicate the way people consume.

I already explained to him that adjusting is literally NOT saying "this for sure, would've sold 1,002,496 copies exactly in this year" but he consistently seems to have amnesia. :rip:

The point of adjusting is simply to compare how IMPRESSIVE doing a certain number today is compared to another era. It is delusional and literally ignoring the entire market trend if you say things like "if people want to buy music they'll just buy it". 

I Knew You Were Trouble sold 416K first week as a promo single in 2012. Look What You Made sold 353K as a lead single, with a radio deal, and a music video first week in 2017. Is one going to just assume her Red promo single was more cared about than her new lead single? Obviously not, the climate changed. 

Which is why adjusting LWYMMD's total to a 2012 market and getting a 900K~ like number shows that doing 353K in 2017 is much more impressive and bigger for its time than say 420K in 2012, or 520K, or even WANEGBT's 620K first week. Which is why adjusting is perfectly fine and a great method of measuring how successful something truly is. :celestial6:

Congrats Taylor and Mariah!

But shocked with the final sales numbers. Way lower than what everyone expected 

6 minutes ago, iHype. said:

I already explained to him that adjusting is literally NOT saying "this for sure, would've sold 1,002,496 copies exactly in this year" but he consistently seems to have amnesia. :rip:

The point of adjusting is simply to compare how IMPRESSIVE doing a certain number today is compared to another era. It is delusional and literally ignoring the entire market trend if you say things like "if people want to buy music they'll just buy it". 

I Knew You Were Trouble sold 416K first week as a promo single in 2012. Look What You Made sold 353K as a lead single, with a radio deal, and a music video first week in 2017. Is one going to just assume her Red promo single was more cared about than her new lead single? Obviously not, the climate changed. 

Which is why adjusting LWYMMD's total to a 2012 market and getting a 900K~ like number shows that doing 353K in 2017 is much more impressive and bigger for its time than say 420K in 2012, or 520K, or even WANEGBT's 620K first week. Which is why adjusting is perfectly fine and a great method of measuring how successful something truly is:celestial6:

This isn't true cause you're ignoring the other form of consumptio! (streaming) and basing success purely off of sales climates 

1 hour ago, SilverSky said:

Her wig was removed twice on YouTube and vevo in one week and was snatched off on Spotify.  I think this did really really well at pulling those three wigs in a single week.  Nobody ever expected her to come close to one million in sales but nobody expected her to snatch every other record that Adele had either.  Did she snatch everything but sales?

What? Anybody who didn't expect Taylor to break every streaming record imaginable is delusional... 

1 minute ago, Isaiah said:

This isn't true cause you're ignoring the other form of consumptio! (streaming) and basing success purely off of sales climates 

Well the discussion was a purely sales discussion...

How would LWYMMD's sales shape up compared to previous years. 

Either way, pure sales or SPS it's her biggest debut ever for a song. 

Congrats to the Queen of Pop, Logic, and Liam!  Finally the charts are getting interesting again!  Hope RFI can debut top 10 next week!

8 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Plus the music isn't the same, thus changes in genres and therefore demographics for the song.  That fact is much bigger than the inflation one.

That is literally nitpicking to the finest degree. You cannot be serious in saying that comparisons can't be done because the song is different in "genre", then what would be the point of watching and following charts at all?

Literally all that the adjusted sales comparisons from past years are meant to show is how impressive LWYMMD's debut is compared to Taylor's and other's past debuts sales wise. 

Why is it impossible for some people to just congratulate Taylor and move on without arguing over semantics?

Edited by Headlock

2 hours ago, ryanpittman97 said:

Why TF hasn't SNS gone T10 yet when it's growing on Radio, Spotify, Sales, and YT? :rip: 

Because talent won :cm: 

Wonderful.

@Kworb when they doubted you...I stood by you.

Legends continue to win.

mariahsaindo.gif

A little surprised by <400k sales but shocked at that absolutely massive streaming tally. I guess that's just a sign of the times.mp3 with streaming getting a bigger edge over sales

And what I'm hearing is this is the second biggest point total for a song behind Hello's first week or two?? Slay

SH > STD but I'm glad one of the 1D boys snatched another top 10 hit. Now come through Liam.