What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

leyaris11

24 minutes ago, xXavril said:

I forget what it's called, but there was a really scary one on Netflix in like 2012 or 2013. It was like monster house or something like that, I tried googling it but couldn't find any results. It's not actually called monster house, because that is a real movie and that's not it 

it was live action and there were like demons and lots of gore. I've never been one to be afraid of scary movies, even back then, but that one scared me and I still think about it sometimes. 

19 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I'd love to watch this. Sounds a bit familiar tho.

Please don't tell me you guys are literally talking about Evil Dead (2013)??? 💀

• Haha 5

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buffy

• monologueNacafe

• Delirious

• xXavril

Well the last one I genuinely terrified was Evil Dead Rise, but I watched it on theater so it might be x2 scarier than a regular watch :dancehall: Malignant and Barbarian was nice aswell

17 minutes ago, xXavril said:

I just spent like 10 minutes trying different google searches and couldn't find anything. 

I vaguely remember it, It was teenage/college students in this house, and then demons showed up and started killing them one by one, but that's all I can remember 

Sounds like Night of the demons but it's an old movie so not sure cos u also said it was 2012-2013ish

• Like 1

MV5BMmY5ZGE4NmUtZWI4OS00ZWJmLWFjMzgtOWUy

I wouldn't call this film scary but it disturbed me to the core like no other film has 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I would say I'm a horror freak...

Shocking

- Evil Dead 2013

- Eden Lake

Gruesome/Brutal 

- Martyrs

- Frontier(s) 2007

Supernatural

- Sinister (I watched this alone in the night & it freaked me out even though it's so mainstream)

- Night Shift (2014) (can't believe how scared I was. You should watch this alone at night)

If you're young you would find The Grudge extremely scary but you might not if you're older...

Edited by Delirious
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

Lake_Mungo-904282840-large.jpg

couldn't sleep after watching it, genuinely the only horror film that truly made me feel so f*cking scared. it's also a great film and one of the best from the found-footage subgenre.

came here to post this CLASSIC!!! period! truly chilling.

I remember Mirrors being quite traumatizing :dies:

• Haha 10

5 minutes ago, Delirious said:

I would say I'm a horror freak...

Shocking

- Evil Dead 2013

- Eden Lake

Gruesome/Brutal 

- Martyrs

- Frontier(s) 2007

Supernatural

- Sinister (I watched this alone in the night & it freaked me out even though it's so mainstream)

- Night Shift (can't believe how scared I was. You should watch this alone at night)

If you're young you would find The Grudge extremely scary but you might not if you're older...

Which Night shift movie?

34 minutes ago, xXavril said:

I forget what it's called, but there was a really scary one on Netflix in like 2012 or 2013. It was like monster house or something like that, I tried googling it but couldn't find any results. It's not actually called monster house, because that is a real movie and that's not it 

it was live action and there were like demons and lots of gore. I've never been one to be afraid of scary movies, even back then, but that one scared me and I still think about it sometimes. 

Cabin in the Woods?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'dk abt scariest but these are my favorite horror movies ranked from old to new

Hellraiser

p10036_p_v8_aa.jpg

Jeepers Creepers

MV5BMTkwNDU0NTE0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzAz

Dead Silence

MV5BMTQwMTIzMTYyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTI3

The Tunnel

The-Tunnel-2011.jpg

Edited by єѕℓαм
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Companion said:

Which Night shift movie?

The original 2014 one

Posted (edited)

The scariest movie I had ever seen in my life was The Ring when it first came out 20 years ago. There was nothing like it at the time. I haven't been scared like that since. The only other ones that I consider scary are the first couple movies of The Conjuring and Insidious.

I've grown desensitized to horror movies now. I can watch them in the dark by myself.

Edited by Buffy
  • Like 3

The Strangers disturbed me at the time

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Please don't tell me you guys are literally talking about Evil Dead (2013)??? 💀

25 minutes ago, єѕℓαм said:

Sounds like Night of the demons but it's an old movie so not sure cos u also said it was 2012-2013ish

17 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Cabin in the Woods?

It might actually be Night of the Demons, the 2009 remake! I know it was on Netflix in 2012/2013 but it could have been made earlier! I looked at the trailer and honestly can't be 100% if that's it or not. It's not Cabin in the Woods or Evil Dead

Edited by xXavril
  • Like 1

VH1's i love the 70s did a segment on the exorcist and that little segment scared me for a good 5 years :dies: i had to turn my tv at night to boomerang because they didn't have any ads for horror movies on there and just their inhouse stuff :dies:  

my only saving grace was my aunt saying only white girls wearing nightgowns get possessed by demons so that new exorcist movie featuring a black family would have traumatized 11 year old me so bad :toofunny3:

• Haha 4

V/H/S for some reason gave me the most terrifying scare of my life

• Like 1

hereditary is probably the first movie i watched in ages that actually freaked me out

scariest is a hard thing to pin down but i think OG texas chainsaw massacre might be the most genuinely unpleasant, don't actually want to watch another second of this movie i ever saw

• Like 1

A well done jumpscare is the only thing that can really scare me in movies after how desensitized I've become. See: 

• Like 1

Me and my brothers used to watch horror movies with our aunt and cousin when I was like 9 and one day we watched High Tension (2003) and I swear that was pretty traumatizing. I did a rewatch two years ago and I still think this is genuinely one of the best horror movies ever made

Pulse (2001) is phenomenal but very, very slow. I had goosebumps for half of the movie

7370481_so.jpgMV5BZGNlY2E5ZWMtZTkwOC00YzdjLTk4MmYtNzE4NzQzMDU1MDMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMjk0NjI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

The 06 remake of The Hills Have Eyes was a pretty traumatizing watch at 10 years old. I was screaming crying throwing up just by looking at the DVD cover. I felt so relieved when my dad returned it lmaoo. I add to the Sinister comments but it's mostly the score when the jump scares happen.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

obviously it's not a horror movie but i've never watched a film that had me so on edge and scared before in my life. the score, the setting, the plotline…whew

Edited by Dolce Vita
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, єѕℓαм said:

Dead Silence

MV5BMTQwMTIzMTYyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTI3

yess another dead silence fan! it's one of my favorite scary movies

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I don't know about scariest ever, but CANDYMAN and The Exorcist messed me up as a kid.

As an adult definitely the remake of the hills have eyes

now that's all I watch thoug lol love the conjuring universe. I actually watch horror to relax, as weird as it sounds.

Edited by GeeDuval

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.