What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

leyaris11

On 5/11/2024 at 12:10 PM, Antisocialites said:

Lake_Mungo-904282840-large.jpg

couldn't sleep after watching it, genuinely the only horror film that truly made me feel so f*cking scared. it's also a great film and one of the best from the found-footage subgenre.

Literally just signed in to quote this because I still think about this movie years after watching it. Hands down the best found-footage film and personally the best horror film.

What I loved about this film is that more than a horror movie, it's a film about grief, uncovering secrets from someone you think you know and moving on from the loss of a beloved one, so it goes beyond of just scary stuff which makes it even more haunting and with lot more depth than many horror films. 

It's also kinda disturbing how the characters/family reacted so calmly to that iconic scene... they just needed an answer to move on. Meanwhile, that scene was the only time I've jumped and screamed while watching a movie. 

I was so shocked after watching it, left blankly staring at the screen as the credits rolled, and then that ******* post credit shot appears lmao. 

• Like 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buffy

• monologueNacafe

• Delirious

• leyaris11

for me it's probably The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spree said:

for me it's probably The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Same

A film thats scary and disturbing imo

Posted (edited)

The Blair Witch Project is genuinly one of the movies I dislike the most. I mean, I understand that you gotta let go on that movie, but for that I'd need to actually have 10% of me believing in witchcraft, which I don't, and therefore, the movie did absolutelty nothing for me. 

Honestly, spending 80 minutes watching that movie or a black wall would've been the same for me. 

It looks just as fake as everything else while trying too hard to pretend its not.

OP: The Girl In The Basement disturbed me a lot recently, but its not horror. Malignant might be on my all-time favourites (I did not see that plot twist coming!) but its not meant to be taken too seriously. Hereditary was more well done and distrubing than scary, personally.

I think, in a mix of scariness and traumatic and everything together, no movie has been more uncomfortable to watch for me than Titane. By far.

MV5BNGJlMTVlYWQtYmM5OC00MDgwLTk3NzAtMGVi

Edited by tjspy

I remember this movie was stressful to watch

ob_33be30_descent-01.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/11/2024 at 2:44 PM, Leptine said:

daXACkZSSA5frE7BrhV8Ay1ulsqFlM4GW4LP69Zh

I CAME TO POST THIS ONE

this and Inside are the absolute worst

On 5/11/2024 at 1:37 PM, xXavril said:

It might actually be Night of the Demons, the 2009 remake! I know it was on Netflix in 2012/2013 but it could have been made earlier! I looked at the trailer and honestly can't be 100% if that's it or not. It's not Cabin in the Woods or Evil Dead

Girl.. are you talking about this Night of the Demons movie? It looks so campy and terrible… 

I've watched a lot of horror movies in my 26 years of lifetime, but this one somehow has never left my mind. I did watch it when I was a teen and never again, so maybe my reaction to it might be different now, but it sent chills down my spine like no other scary movie has done.

coming-soon-2008.jpg

• Like 1

Natawie
Posted (edited)

MV5BODkwMTgxNjA2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDc0OTcwOTE@._V1_.jpg

THAT scene is forever ingrained in my mind :weeps: 

Edited by Natawie

I'm so desensitized now to horror because every weekend my family or family friends would rent DVD's so I watched so many as a kid either at sleepovers or by myself. But the ones that will always stick out to me are:

4128LQIzCuL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpgMV5BYTY0NTZlZjYtNWRmZi00MGRjLTk4ZDctMjE4NjBiZTUyNGNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg5127F505WAL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

The Others (the closet scene) gave me so many nightmares as a kid. I don't how the **** I stumbled on Martyrs but I watched with my older cousin and it was a big mistake. I will never watch it again in full, but it's easily the most disturbing film I've ever seen. And then Scream, while not really scary now, was what made me love horror and inspired me creatively in so many ways. I watched this at a sleepover and I remember so many kids crying in fear after the opening scene. I can't believe I was 8-9 watching these :rip:

HM:

Sinister

The Conjuring

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I watched this in an actual theater a year ago and it heightened everything)

Glitter With Mariah Carey

• Haha 2

On 5/11/2024 at 9:10 PM, Antisocialites said:

Lake_Mungo-904282840-large.jpg

couldn't sleep after watching it, genuinely the only horror film that truly made me feel so f*cking scared. it's also a great film and one of the best from the found-footage subgenre.

Definitely up there

Found footage films are by far my favorite and the scariest. Megan Is Missing is the most disturbing movie I've ever watched and, from more recent ones, Incantation is just 2 hours of pure horror

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 10:41 PM, shinyshimmery said:

- When the dog turns into a demon from The Conjuring 2(?) hellnahh

sis really... :clack:

that scene is comic the most and the cgi wasn't even good. :toofunny2:

I would say the r a p e scene in the hill have eyes 1 is a lilttle bit hard for me to watch... i have to shut my eye for that scene, it not scary just sick and disturbing. 

Edited by leyaris11
fixing quote

On 5/12/2024 at 3:41 AM, TitanicSurvivor said:

Prismatic world tour live. I thought her off-key belts would make me deaf by the end of the film 

But you watched till the end :clap: sis thought she ate with the comment

Scream and Hostel, only because those can and have happened before. 

The Wailing

46705024f42f7e1c9210e46899faa92c2dcf77be

If you guys like found footage horror this is a must watch, it's not very well known globally since it was a quite old Korean movie but damn I swear it's SCARY AF, especially towards the end. Find a good English sub to watch it.

"Gonjiam"

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 12:10 AM, Bacardo Royale said:

Norbit

rasputia is queen

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 11:21 PM, D/X said:

It's also kinda disturbing how the characters/family reacted so calmly to that iconic scene... they just needed an answer to move on. Meanwhile, that scene was the only time I've jumped and screamed while watching a movie. 

I was so shocked after watching it, left blankly staring at the screen as the credits rolled, and then that ******* post credit shot appears lmao. 

On 5/15/2024 at 1:36 AM, Natawie said:

THAT scene is forever ingrained in my mind :weeps: 

What scenes, girls? Don't keep me hanging :jonny5: 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Cheers said:

What scenes, girls? Don't keep me hanging :jonny5: 

If you haven't watched Lake Mungo, then telling you "the scene" would absolutely spoil the entire movie and ruin the whole experience for you. That one scene alone literally is what makes the entire movie a masterpiece. Just watch the movie. It's been a few years since I've seen it and I'm still shook. It scared the crap out of me.

Edited by Buffy

I'm over halfway through Lake Mungo and this isn't scary…

Not a traditional horror film, but I saw The Zone of Interest in a theater and it was hands-down the most viscerally disturbing cinematic experience I've ever had. I felt sick afterwards. The way it makes the point it does is equal parts brilliant and disgusting. And the scoring for the credits sounds like music from hell. 

the poughkeepsie tapes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.