What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

leyaris11

If you can appreciate The Blair Witch Project for what it's meant to be, it's a very scary film that leaves the suspense up to your imagination rather than showing you anything. 

• Like 9

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buffy

• monologueNacafe

• Delirious

• leyaris11

Amazons prime Cinderella couldn't past the first 5 minutes 

• Haha 5

On 5/11/2024 at 8:37 PM, xXavril said:

It might actually be Night of the Demons, the 2009 remake! I know it was on Netflix in 2012/2013 but it could have been made earlier! I looked at the trailer and honestly can't be 100% if that's it or not. It's not Cabin in the Woods or Evil Dead

Is it maybe 13 ghosts ?

It's not only students, so probably not but I thought it's worth a try :heart:

Posted (edited)

The only scenes that spooked me:

- Zelda from Pet Semetary. I was 5 back then

- The ending scene from Blair Witch Project. I was 14 back then.

Nothing else spooked me after. I can easily watch horror movies alone, and jump scares don't work on me.

Edited by Patient Zero

Y'all are gonna absolutely make fun of me / judge me but Anaconda is really the only horror movie that's freaked me out and to this day scares the **** out of me. I have a horrible snake phobia. I still have nightmares.

• Haha 3

Hell House LLC and Horror In The High Desert popped my cherry yo 

Whitney Houston Reaction GIF

I've watched this recently so I'm kinda biased but Speak No Evil was one of the most unsettling watches I've had and I've seen a fair amount of horror movies. Like it deeply disturbed me, which doesn't happen very often.

The Devil Inside was also an interesting watch, mainly because of its ending.

The Exorcist, The Ring, The Grudge, The Conjuring and Sinister are all pretty scary to me, for different reasons. Now maybe less than when I first saw them, but I believe them to be among the best in the genre (at least as far as "mainstream" horror movies go).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hephaestus said:

I've watched this recently so I'm kinda biased but Speak No Evil was one of the most unsettling watches I've had and I've seen a fair amount of horror movies. Like it deeply disturbed me, which doesn't happen very often.

The Devil Inside was also an interesting watch, mainly because of its ending.

The Exorcist, The Ring, The Grudge, The Conjuring and Sinister are all pretty scary to me, for different reasons. Now maybe less than when I first saw them, but I believe them to be among the best in the genre (at least as far as "mainstream" horror movies go).

omg yes, recency bias aside, Speak No Evil is definately one of the most unsettling movies I ever watched. 

It's very scary too, also in a Michael Haneke type of way.

I've watched hundreds of horror movies by myself in the dark.

Dead silence though...

Those puppets and the ******* theme song give me the creeps. :jonnycat:

The original Japanese The Ring movie traumatized me as a child. I rewatched it recently and what a gem. It has aged amazingly. It's all about suspense and zero exposition until the very end. 

• Like 2

Ghost Ship traumatized me when I was a kid, especially the scene with the wire...

Overall, I would probably say Saw, although I never watched a full Saw movie, only a few scenes.

On 5/12/2024 at 6:07 AM, leyaris11 said:

Have you watch salo- 120 days of sodom? :gaycat5:

On 5/12/2024 at 5:58 AM, Jack! said:

The Poughkeepsie Tapes. I have rewatched it since thinking it wouldn't scare me as much but it still did. I know it's fake, but there's something about that just unsettles me so much.

Have just looked these up and I am DISGUSTED! Let me steer clear from horror. :biblionny:

The Grudge 2 to this day has me shook

• Haha 2

I never find movies scary, but the most memorable disturbing ones for me are Hereditary, Midsommar, and Tusk.

6 hours ago, Patient Zero said:

The only scenes that spooked me:

- Zelda from Pet Semetary. I was 5 back then

- The ending scene from Blair Witch Project. I was 14 back then.

Nothing else spooked me after. I can easily watch horror movies alone, and jump scares don't work on me.

BOO! 👻 

i've seen so many but I honestly think Requiem for a Dream has gotta be it :jonny2:

• Like 2

Noy scary just gross but Saw 3. I stopped at that cause I can't do that type of gore

The ring traumatized me as a child, I had several nightmares for weeks;   I love the saga tho I even  read the books based on the movie, they are so good.

I love horror I've watch French movies I recommend HIGH TENSION,  A I'interieur , ghostland , excellent and scary. 

• Like 1

Recently Exhuma (Korean movie) got me shooketh

7 hours ago, Bittersweet. said:

The ring traumatized me as a child, I had several nightmares for weeks

Came here to post this, I watched the movie way too early in life. I was 10 years old when it came out and I couldnt sleep without the lights on for weeks :suburban:

Other honorable mentions that scared me a lot when I first saw them:

- Blair Witchs project

- Paranormal Activity 1-3

- Hide and seek

- The Village

unpopular opinion but skinamarink was pure torture for me and I never get scared usually :mazen:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 12:55 PM, xXavril said:

I just spent like 10 minutes trying different google searches and couldn't find anything. 

I vaguely remember it, It was teenage/college students in this house, and then demons showed up and started killing them one by one, but that's all I can remember 

is it The Cabin in the Woods? 

Edit: nvm, that's not it. 

OT: I don't have a specific movie but I always remember certain scenes that stay in my head rent free:

- Bedroom scene from Terrifier 2. Won't even youtube it anymore bc it caused me stomach pain and anxiety. 

- Opening scene from Boogeyman (2005)

- Opening scene from Darkness Falls

- When the dog turns into a demon from The Conjuring 2(?) hellnahh

- Achilles tendon cut from House of Wax

- Father being set on fire from The Hills Have Eyes

Edited by shinyshimmery

On 5/11/2024 at 1:58 PM, Jack! said:

The Poughkeepsie Tapes. I have rewatched it since thinking it wouldn't scare me as much but it still did. I know it's fake, but there's something about that just unsettles me so much.

Never heard of this one. Will have to check it out. 

I know he raped a 13 yr old but if you can look past that, The Tenant by Polanski is a good one. It's not really jump scary but quite unsettling, gave me vibes I couldn't sleep for days. It also featured Roman in drag which was hot and ahead of its time.

Ringu may not be the scariest ever but oh boy....

Ringu 2 is even scarier.

:mazen:

Spoiler

When she starts to control the girl in the literal television to come for the guy watching the footage.

Spoiler

I would have ran my ass the f*ck out of there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.