What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

leyaris11

2 hours ago, XxxKatyCatxxX said:

MV5BNzc4MDhiMWUtNTY5Ny00NWY3LTk0ZmItM2Nl

Even though this movie helped me with my fear of the dark, I had nightmares because of it.

OMG this had me shook as a kid!! The Part where they were trying to keep the door from closing eeeek!!

• Thanks 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buffy

• monologueNacafe

• Delirious

• leyaris11

I'm a huge horror buff and I hate to admit Terrifier 2 has scared me more than anything :deadbanana2:

• Confused 1

the conjuring, couldn't sleep for a week  

Im the same, as a kid so many movies scared me but as an adult literally NO movies scare me. :deadbanana2:I hate it because I absolutely love horror movies. I even thought Hereditary was stupid. :dies: but if I have to stick to one movie that STILL chills me to the bone its The Exorcist. Everything about it feels darksided. :dancehall:

3 hours ago, leyaris11 said:

Have you watch salo- 120 days of sodom? :gaycat5:

No. I have only read the book.

3 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

Lake_Mungo-904282840-large.jpg

couldn't sleep after watching it, genuinely the only horror film that truly made me feel so f*cking scared. it's also a great film and one of the best from the found-footage subgenre.

Oh yeah! I forgot about this one. Ok, this one actually scared the heck out of me. It made all the hairs on my body stand up. I had to get out of my bed and walk it off lol

Ju-On: The Grudge (2002)
Watched it when I was 10, I was shook

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Somehow "Sinister" is a movie I can't really watch, I feel like a demon is besides me while watching.

Also I haven't been "able" to watch the Terrifier movies, I don't really know if they are disgusting but I read the premise of the babysitter one and feels like it all starts while watching the movie, so yeah

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Click Clack said:

idk about the scariest but candyman is up there :jonny: 

n

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, monologueNacafe said:

n

SNSNSMSMNSNSNSNn

dnt start with me hun

• Haha 2

I get scared easily so I haven't seen many horror movies but I watched The Loved Ones like 10 years ago and some of the scenes still make me squirm all these years later.

3 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

SNSNSMSMNSNSNSNn

dnt start with me hun

Dhdhdhhdhd

i think I'd jump more times watching PF tour clips tbh

• Haha 1

Miss Americana

4 minutes ago, monologueNacafe said:

Dhdhdhhdhd

i think I'd jump more times watching PF tour clips tbh

jump into a damn bath & keep nicki out of ur mouth

Friday the 13th Part III as an 8-10 yo.  My brother turned the all the lights off in the house and chased me with a mask while the end credits (scary music) were blaring in the background.  That didn't help matters.

Thanks mom an dad for leaving me with him while you partied!

18 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

jump into a damn bath & keep nicki out of ur mouth

Jcjdjjfjfjfjfjfjfnfnfnfnnf

IMG-0598.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

I'm a huge horror buff and I hate to admit Terrifier 2 has scared me more than anything :deadbanana2:

I was not ready for that film lol I can really tolerate gore scenes in general but that movie wtf it is so graphic haha

13 hours ago, Jack! said:

The Poughkeepsie Tapes. I have rewatched it since thinking it wouldn't scare me as much but it still did. I know it's fake, but there's something about that just unsettles me so much.

This was very viral on tiktok for a while. I can't watch it though

I know this isn't a horror movie but "Annihilation" really scared me to the core when I first watched it. :rip:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, єѕℓαм said:

Dead Silence

MV5BMTQwMTIzMTYyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTI3

omg, Dead Silence messed me up for about a week after watching it.

gotta go with The Ring for all-time scariest, but it is one of my favourite movies ever. :heart2:

• Like 1

The original Martyrs was genuinely disturbing.

The bedroom scene from Terrifier 2 gave me a panic attack.

In terms of mainstream horror, Sinister 1 + 2 make me uncomfortable. 

similar to op, I've become desensitized to horror movies because I watched so many in late 00s/early 10s. back then I was easily able to binge watch 4 scary movies a night :rip:

I remember The Den kinda creeped me out when I watched it a decade ago, haven't seen it since but I'm sure I'd probably laugh at it now :deadbanana2:

I love watching movies like Europa Report; Wolf Creek/Wrong Turn, or any home invasion movie because how unsettling they can be

• Like 2

CATS

• Haha 1

I don't normally get scared by horror movies as I've seen so many, but I always recommend The Invisible Man. it's honestly triggering for me

Posted (edited)

The Conjuring frightened me. The opening scene of Scream left me shooketh as a child with all that tension. Halloween H20 also spooked me as a kid. As an adult, As Above So Below I found really unsettling. Insidious had some great moments. The Blair With Project has forever made the woods scary for me. The Strangers is probably the main film that really left a strong impression on me, and that profoundly moved me with sheer fright. The simplicity and restraint in that movie made it all the more real and skin-crawling. 

The OG Halloween. Grave Encounters scared the bejesus out of me. I actually found the remake of When a Stranger Calls eerie as a teenager. Don't judge. 

Edited by Julianna Calm Down
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.