Is Madonna's rise a threat to Taylor's supremacy?

shyboi

rise? hasn't she been at the top of the game for like.. 30 years now?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• stevyy

• liam13

• TROJAN

Top Posters In This Topic

Madonna isn't a threat to Taylor, nor is Taylor one to Madonna.

They ran the game at different times, and they are supremely different artists.

• Like 3

why is this troll thread having 6 pages? And why are people taking it seriously?

• Like 3

Madonna debuting all over again I guess :suburban:

• Haha 2

Taylor has barely moved the dial.

Madonna basically invented the dial.

Next!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

58 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Madonna debuting all over again I guess :suburban:

is not uncommon you know, artists do it all the time

I am so baffled at not only how mods allow such stupid threads like this but the fact that ATRLers even entertain it.

Madonna is 65 years old.

What the f*ck is she going to do that is going to threaten Taylor's career in any shape or form?

:psyduck:

Like, are you serious?

And Madonna is not on a "rise", she is past her commercial prime which is perfectly fine.

• Like 3

rihannafan

No one is checking for Madonnas new music in 2024 :rip:

• Thumbs Down 6

What is even the purpose of this thread?  :hoetenks:

• Like 2

stream ghost town 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I love how ATRL thinks claiming that the biggest female artist of all time is a threat to Taylor is a knock on Taylor lol. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

Do you people think she hacked the websites and added herself or something? :bibliahh:

well yes, she has money, the ultimate hacking tool in human history :eddie:

Posted (edited)

ch... is it crack?

whitney-houston.gif

Baby, Madonna rose, peaked, died, rose from the dead and peaked again looong before Taylor was even a thought in the public's minds.

Y'all need to stop this cross-generational madness. They are not and will never be peers.

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Like 2

lmfao no, props to Madonna for pulling a crowd of this magnitude but don't forget it was FREE. Taylor is breaking touring records and at the end of the day will probably have a tour that grossed 2 BILLION. I'm sorry but Madge could never  :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

It will be 18 years since Taylor Debut album.

Look at list of Madonnas iconic moments and achievements from 1982 to 2000 and all of that without internet or social media.

Nobody will ever come close to Madonna

• Like 5

Taylor is not even equal to the dust of madonna's feet. Madonna can easily do any any of Taylor's era but taylor cant pull off tracks like la isla bonita or an erotica or ray of light. 

Posted (edited)

Geezus lol. Like the creator of this thread (& many, many others over the years) didn't know this would at least be provocative (& I'm being generous lol) ESP. when it comes to the name Madonna then (fill in the blank w/ another mega popular female singer). 

Madonna is an industry, pop cultural game changer. Map changer. Gargantuan catalog of iconic, legendary pop smashes, visuals and performances. 

Taylor is absolutely massive. Work ethic and cultural impact & connection w/  their fans are def. similar. At her Madonna '84-'92 peak, MJ & Prince 1985 peak, Beatles 1969 peak, Elvis 1950s/early 60s peak. There's NO comparison or 'threat' to anything lmao. Silly to just look at chart stats esp. when you look at HOW charts worked in the '80s and 90s and esp. since the mid 2010s. 

Madonna and Taylor have consistently exuded nothing but concrete *respect, admiration. That's where this 'discussion' end!

Edited by jamiko1230
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Scandalous said:

TS12 needs to be tay's experimental American Life and come back with a career defining TS13 her COADF :alexz:

Taylor doesnt have 1% of the talent, vision and artistry Madonna has. She will serve another basic bland album that appeals to teen girl masses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I really want to slap some of you. I swear. 

When did Madonna started to get compared to Ms. Swift? The literal disrespect in here, talking about the queen like she was some kind of Olivia Rodrigo newbie, Swifties are literally the worst fan base ever.

• Thumbs Down 1

Both are legends who will end up as the 2 biggest female artists of all time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BabyBenzz said:

lmfao no, props to Madonna for pulling a crowd of this magnitude but don't forget it was FREE. Taylor is breaking touring records and at the end of the day will probably have a tour that grossed 2 BILLION. I'm sorry but Madge could never  :ahh:

I'm enjoying watching you seethe. 

This thread is stupid

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Storm653 said:

I love how ATRL thinks claiming that the biggest female artist of all time is a threat to Taylor is a knock on Taylor lol. 

right? it's giving low IQ

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.