Taylor Swift's most impressive achievement during "Swiftmania" (2022-24)?

Feanor

Notable Taylor Swift achievements during "Swiftmania" (2022-24)…  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these is the most impressive?

• Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 takeover (twice)
    • The Eras Tour becoming biggest concert tour in history
    • Streaming resurgence of "Cruel Summer" & 'Lover' (album)
    • The tour film becoming highest-grossing concert film
    • First entertainer ever named TIME "Person of the Year"
    • Scoring biggest streaming year ever (2023)
    • Breaking record for most AOTY Grammy wins
    • 2.61M units debut for 'TORTURED POETS'

FwQMunQakAEgx3p?format=jpg&name=large

There's no denying that these past 2 years have been the best years ever in Taylor Swift's career to date, and of the biggest celebrity peaks in pop culture history in general. Some of the most notable achievements by Taylor in this timeframe include…

GMWRZhMXsAESatw?format=jpg&name=mediumGMWRZhOXgAEUUmV?format=jpg&name=medium

• Becoming the first and only artist ever to take over the entire Billboard Hot 100 Top 10, and doing it twice.

taylor-swift-melbourne-lp-today-main-240218-3f06f7.jpg

• The Eras Tour being the biggest concert tour in history, with it already having grossed over $1B and headed towards a final gross of $2B+.

• The streaming resurgence of "Cruel Summer" and its parent album 'Lover', from being moderately successful Taylor projects to becoming her most streamed song + album ever. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour ending up as the highest-grossing concert film ever in theaters.

GAql8DmWIAAKprR?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Being the first entertainer ever named TIME's "Person of the Year" and the first woman in almost 100 years to be featured on the magazine's annual POTY issue for a 2nd time.

oI53QoBsq9ZWkBoIw7dqsuBWVnyznDBkp8cJhHa5.jpg

• Scoring the biggest streaming year on Spotify to date, with over 26B streams gained in 2023 and also becoming the first female artist to rank #1 on Spotify Wrapped's annual year-end chart.

taylor-swift-pop-album-grammys-cbs-2024-billboard-1548.jpg

• Breaking the record for most AOTY Grammy wins ever, as 'Midnights' became her 4th album to win the music industry's top prize.

GMSAG_gWUAAYuUq?format=jpg&name=large

• And most recently, scoring her own career best and 2nd biggest album debut ever overall with 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT' debuting with over 2.61M units in the US.

But which one of these notable achievements by Taylor Swift from the past ~1.5 years do you think is the most impressive?

michael-jackson-reading.gif

Edited by Feanor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Enrique523

• HappierJealousy

• Strawberry Bubble

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably The Eras tour 

it's what's behind everything. A tour for the ages 

• Like 6

I'd say the tour is the most impressive as well. that and the re-recordings is truly what led her up to this moment. 

• Thanks 1

this era will be known as 'The Eras Tour'.

• Like 1

When you put it this way... :deadbanana2:

I still think Time Person of the Year is the biggest achievement. 

• Like 1

probably tour 

she's the biggest female artist of all time 

It's between the 2.6 million and the billion tour, leaning a bit more towards the tour, she's passed that mark when the tour is not even over :skull:

The amazing vocals and choreo of the Eras tour :flower2:

Edited by alexrex

All of the above. :jonnycat:

Except maybe the lover and cruel summer. That can be achieve by some lower class MPG. But the others are literally impossible to beat. :jonnycat:

I would say Cruel Summer somehow. Because it felt like a hit that got away during the Lover era. Its smashing succes was a nice surprise.

Cruel Summer is what I love about the streaming era where older songs can still get their flowers. So yeah, easy choice.

• Like 1

Should have thrown in the historic performance of her catalog on the BB200. First living artist with however many top 10s simultaneously, I believe?

The Eras Tour is probably the catalyst for a lot of this, but I think POTY is most impressive. Like. Not even Disney got that. :deadbanana2:

The fact that any single one of these 8 achievements (except CS/Lover) would be career defining for any other artist. :gaycat6:

• Thanks 1

The Eras Tour being the biggest tour of all time has to be the most impressive 

31 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

the way she did in 2 years what the biggest legends and icons in the music industry barely have been able to do in like 40 year long careers :bibliahh:

And yet haters still have the nerve to claim she isn't a Legend, baffling :bibliahh:

ot: All of it is extremely impressive and shows she's on an astronomical level compared to everyone else atp. I'd say the top 3 most impressive would be the 2.6M debut, taking over the top 10 twice, and the tour gross :clap3:

Edited by ChrisTheLoner
  • Like 4

Honestly, to me, it's the Person of the Year title. It sort of encapsulates the other things, and being the literal, actual first entertainer selected says something profound about how much popular culture revolves around her - it's something I only ever imagined happening for any artist, and never considered a serious possibility. The Eras Tour being the biggest of all time is a close second or equal alternate answer, since it sort of serves as the catalyst from which all these other things came to be. Without it, I don't think most of the rest happens (and of course things like the film definitely don't happen).

When you put it all into a concise list like this, though, it really puts everything into perspective. :jonny:

• Like 10

The Eras Tour becoming biggest concert tour in history

Getting another fan base (Hive) to be just as obsessed as Swifties

• Haha 3

POTY > 4th AOTY > entire top 10

It's a very tough choice to be honest. Most impressive is probably the tour, truly a career defining moment. But most unlikely is maybe the Lover's revenge :dies:

when you put it like that :deadbanana:

but she has no impact??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.