Taylor Swift's most impressive achievement during "Swiftmania" (2022-24)?

Feanor

Notable Taylor Swift achievements during "Swiftmania" (2022-24)…  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these is the most impressive?

• Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 takeover (twice)
    • The Eras Tour becoming biggest concert tour in history
    • Streaming resurgence of "Cruel Summer" & 'Lover' (album)
    • The tour film becoming highest-grossing concert film
    • First entertainer ever named TIME "Person of the Year"
    • Scoring biggest streaming year ever (2023)
    • Breaking record for most AOTY Grammy wins
    • 2.61M units debut for 'TORTURED POETS'

1. The Eras Tour + film
  2. The re-recordings' phenomenal success and impact on her catalog and subsequent new albums

I feel like these two are uniquely hers, not only the concept but also how they even came into existence. And so, no other artist (past, present and future) would be able to replicate them and their successes since they are directly tied to circumstances in Taylor's own personal life or the times she lived in (pandemic era).

• Thanks 1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Enrique523

• HappierJealousy

• Raspberries

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot:

- Most watched television event since the moon landing

- Biggest global album consumption year in history

- Most Googled person of the year

- Most streamed artist of all time

- Having 5 of the top 10 biggest albums of 2023

- Trump, Biden, Elon Musk, Hilary and various world leaders fighting for her attention

Edited by Arrows
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2.6 million is ridiculous considering where everyone else is, shes just so far ahead

Imagine having the biggest tour of all time, before you're even half way through it and people still try saying you have no impact :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The tour obiviously but Cruel Summer being a huge hit is actually impressive. It came from being just an old track to a big ww hit with bilion streams. 

• Like 2

Probably Eras Tour coming for $2 billion.

1 hour ago, 305 said:

Getting another fan base (Hive) to be just as obsessed as Swifties

Getting the Hive to stop streaming Beyoncé's album because they were too busy talking crap about Taylor's work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arrows said:

You forgot:

- Most watched television event since the moon landing

For just a GLIMPSE of her :deadbanana4: I feel like it's easy for haters to downplay this peak while it's still ongoing but future generations will definitely be in awe the way we are now with Beatlemania, etc. and it will just be a solid accepted fact at that point

• Thanks 2

Dang, a lot of this kind of gets underappreciated but seeing it altogether like this is mind blowing 

It would be The Eras Tour for me. It's at the very center of everything. This tour defined her career in a way that is beyond fathoming tbh. It made her both a current and legacy artist, and everything else is coming from that. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

the way she did in 2 years what the biggest legends and icons in the music industry barely have been able to do in like 40 year long careers :bibliahh:

Not only that but the fact she did it 16 YEARS into her career makes it even more insane :toofunny3:

I've been a Swiftie since 2010 and if you would've told me during the Reputation/Lover era that she would be accomplishing all of this in a few years i would've called you demented. Probably the biggest comeback any female artist ever had.

She already a major resurgence with Midnights before the tour started. But the tour comepletely changed everything. To this day I'm still baffled on how a tour can make an artist reach a new level of fame. I've never seen a tour do anything like this 

• Thanks 3

1. The Eras Tour - Doing $1 billion in only 60 shows is just :deadbanana: 

2. 2.61M Debut - 1M debuts are unheard of now and she did close to 3X that 

3. TIME POTY 

In that order.gif

14 minutes ago, SamirahAyesha said:

But she's not part of pop culture history. 

She doesn't have a single iconic pop culture moment 

no iconic / memorable performances, no iconic outfits, etc 

Pop culture really is dead  :rip: 

The only iconic thing she has is when kanye west interrupted her at the VMAs 

What does she have besides her stats? Besides her numbers there's nothing else. 

Do you people EVER rest 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, greento said:

Imagine having the biggest tour of all time, before you're even half way through it and people still try saying you have no impact :deadbanana2:

The "no impact" claim never made ANY sense and is just another example of OTH coping :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, Da Vinci said:

For just a GLIMPSE of her :deadbanana4: I feel like it's easy for haters to downplay this peak while it's still ongoing but future generations will definitely be in awe the way we are now with Beatlemania, etc. and it will just be a solid accepted fact at that point

Oh absolutely. Some people are still trying to downplay Swiftmania but once it's over people will look back and realise the obvious truth. This is probably the biggest peak a female artist ever had in the history of music and at some point no one will deny it anymore, it's just reality.

I'm still LAUGHING at the way some people tried to pretend USHER of all people was responsible for the Superbowl ratings, that was one of the most delusional things people said to try to downplay Swiftmania. Especially since Usher was the one artist who benefited the LEAST from the Superbowl, the streaming boost he got from it lasted only a few days at best :rip:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JawBreaker said:

She already a major resurgence with Midnights before the tour started. But the tour comepletely changed everything. To this day I'm still baffled on how a tour can make an artist reach a new level of fame. I've never seen a tour do anything like this 

I'm still shocked by that too and i don't think this could happen for most other artists. There's just something special about Taylor's career path that made this phenomenon possible. 

I still remember the first 2 weeks after the tour started, i was so happy by the streaming boost she got on her overall discography. I expected it to happen since a greatest hits tour would inevitably have some kind of effect for someone like her. But then the weeks, MONTHS, kept going and that boost never died down. That's when i realized "oh sh*t, something very unique is happening and nothing will ever be the same for her":rip:

The tour made her a living legend. Anybody denying it is just delusional.

Edited by Enrique523
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, SamirahAyesha said:

It really isn't :rip: Are you 16 or something?

Kids today they only consume data, they never experienced true pop culture. Peak is not just about numbers/sales, it's a mix of everything... numbers, hits, cultural impact, 'iconicness', media coverage, even controversies etc.

She doesn't have cultural resets like Madonna, Gaga or Britney.

image.png

Gaga's peak was a perfect storm made up of multiple powerful factors that she perfected and used to her advantage – media frenzy, celebrity, superstardom, shock value, a rapidly changing internet landscape with all the giant social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter on the rise. All of that afforded her a very unique window of opportunity to reach and traverse multiple generations at an almost unprecedented scale in a short amount of time.

She was ubiquitous. Massive albums, massive singles, massive tours. Music video premieres that were cultural events. Iconic red carpet appearances that instantly found their way to full-page coverage. And this wasn't just happening disproporionately in pockets around the world, this was happening everywhere, daily and uniformly. Nowadays, we can curate our social experiences on our TikTok and Instagram feeds based on what we like or not but back then that wasn't possible as much, which made her even more inescapable and fueled her rise even further. To this day, that kind of cultural saturation that she attained as a result of simultaneous penetration (depth) and permeation (breadth) worldwide has not been matched by anyone after her, tbh. It's why so many publications refer to her as "Pop's last great superstar" or a variation of that. She could easily retire today and she will still remain a household name forever with what she accomplished early on in her career.

Girl, that graphic is from may 2023. Right now, Taylor is bigger than Gaga even in google trends.

• Like 7

The Tour + Times, she did that.

If you want something truly mind-blowing, consider that Pollstar is projecting The Eras Tour is on track to challenge the entire cumulative touring grosses of the biggest touring artists in history (The Rolling Stones, U2, Elton John).

Edited by RobynYoBank
  • Like 1

It's between the achievements where her best album, REPUTATION is majorly involved, so either The Eras Tour or TIME POTY.

:ryan3:

• Like 1

THEE Eras Tour. 

2 hours ago, SamirahAyesha said:

It really isn't :rip: Are you 16 or something?

Kids today they only consume data, they never experienced true pop culture. Peak is not just about numbers/sales, it's a mix of everything... numbers, hits, cultural impact, 'iconicness', media coverage, even controversies etc.

She doesn't have cultural resets like Madonna, Gaga or Britney.

image.png

Gaga's peak was a perfect storm made up of multiple powerful factors that she perfected and used to her advantage – media frenzy, celebrity, superstardom, shock value, a rapidly changing internet landscape with all the giant social media platforms like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter on the rise. All of that afforded her a very unique window of opportunity to reach and traverse multiple generations at an almost unprecedented scale in a short amount of time.

She was ubiquitous. Massive albums, massive singles, massive tours. Music video premieres that were cultural events. Iconic red carpet appearances that instantly found their way to full-page coverage. And this wasn't just happening disproporionately in pockets around the world, this was happening everywhere, daily and uniformly. Nowadays, we can curate our social experiences on our TikTok and Instagram feeds based on what we like or not but back then that wasn't possible as much, which made her even more inescapable and fueled her rise even further. To this day, that kind of cultural saturation that she attained as a result of simultaneous penetration (depth) and permeation (breadth) worldwide has not been matched by anyone after her, tbh. It's why so many publications refer to her as "Pop's last great superstar" or a variation of that. She could easily retire today and she will still remain a household name forever with what she accomplished early on in her career.

This whole essay based on a dated picture :bibliahh: I would hide this, just so embarrassment. Taylor is now above Gaga on Google search now,which is a meaningless metric at the very first place

Most ironically, you talking about success is not only about number and the only proof you can provide here is the google search number :dies:

Liddos are truly the most delusional fanbase EVER. 

Edited by HappierJealousy
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, SamirahAyesha said:

But she's not part of pop culture history. 

She doesn't have a single iconic pop culture moment 

no iconic / memorable performances, no iconic outfits, etc 

Pop culture really is dead  :rip: 

The only iconic thing she has is when kanye west interrupted her at the VMAs 

What does she have besides her stats? Besides her numbers there's nothing else. 

:bibliahh: What is your definition of pop culture? The eras itself has more influence and more memorable than Gaga's whole career. Besides her number she still has Times POTY and 4 AOTY and the ICONIC eras tour, thank you

• Like 3

On 4/30/2024 at 2:41 AM, DevilsRollTheDice said:

When you put it this way... :deadbanana2:

I still think Time Person of the Year is the biggest achievement. 

Nobody cares about Time Person of the Year.

It's not always a compliment (see 1938 edition).

The Eras Tour is more impressive, considering the prices, as well as the effort needed to go to a concert. The GP was for it.

Edited by CécredSpaces
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.