• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmittenCake

• Communion

• Minogue

• Jjang

17 minutes ago, Communion said:

Okay you're deeply unserious. Even American national security experts describe the current situation as Israel desperately trying to create a quagmire that pulls other regional players and America into a physical war. 

Btw how close is Iran to actually developing nuclear weapons? Not too long ago I heard they are vey close, so to me that could explain this whole conflict *puts tinfoil hat on* Didn't the US invade Iraq over that same reason? I know the WMD argument was thin AF and likely just an excuse but the fact that it was used before to justify a war should not be discarded.

Edited by Glam

12 minutes ago, Communion said:

Okay you're deeply unserious. Even American national security experts describe the current situation as Israel desperately trying to create a quagmire that pulls other regional players and America into a physical war. 

That you feel Iran is a dangerous entity makes your current stance even more absurd. "Yes, we should actively encourage Israel to attack and escalate conflict with what we view is an insane Islamic theocracy with a secret stockpile of nuclear weapons!!!"?

I don't know what's more embarrassing. People like you who think Iran will be "liberated" (and what? The Shah reinstated?) if Israel drone strikes downtown metro Tehran, or users like @Minogue posting about how strong and deviant their nation looks for first-striking the Iranian consulate despite likely now having to type these posts from their basement's bomb shelter? Genuine bloodlust and warmongering. 

I'm really trying to understand your world view now. What do you view Iran as? How do you think we should be living with Iran in the future? Just keep going with this cold war (as of 1 day ago) forever? Having the poor Iranian people suffer an eternity? 

1 hour ago, Kassi said:

I love Joe Biden so much

:clap3:

:lmao:

They sent drones lol 

Yeah this was a symbolic aggression not a serious one. 

I'm shocked Israel didn't purposely let some hit so they have an excuse to go to full out war 

Edited by Twixters

Israel really could take a page out of Iran's book. The completely disproportionate response of accelerating a genocide in response to the Oct. 7th event versus Iran showing their power in a calculated way that encourages deterrence without showing weakness, all while leaving civilians unharmed. 

Iran is evil, yes, but the way they handled this is probably the best possible result. I do think they've also increased the chances of a ceasefire, given that the US does not seem to want this to escalate further. I don't believe Iran wants the ceasefire so that they can continue their proxy war, so that doesn't necessarily benefit them, but overall this was hopefully a move that results in peace in the region. The cards are unfortunately in Israel's hands now and I don't believe in their ability to make a smart decision atm.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Iran attack leaves many IDF soldiers dead: win for Iran.

Iran attack gets completely intercepted: win for Iran.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Glam said:

Btw how close is Iran to actually developing nuclear weapons? Not too long ago I heard they are vey close, so to me that could explain this whole conflict *puts tinfoil hat on* Didn't the US invade Iraq over that same reason? I know the WMD argument was thin AF and likely just an excuse but the fact that it was used before to justify a war should not be discarded.

Iran is supplying Russia with combat drones and long range missiles for 2 years now, so they definitely should get something from Russia in return (maybe they already has some nuclear arsenal, who knows).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

Iran attack leaves many IDF soldiers dead: win for Iran.

Iran attack gets completely intercepted: win for Iran.

Why would Iran call with an advanced warning and drones that take hours to get there if the goal was to kill a lot of soldiers, you're basing it on a made up standard

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Some of you need to research the concept of Deterrence. This attack was clearly "symbolical", from targets to leakage to the US successfully defending Israel from it. These things just don't happen by accident lol It's why The US has been taking the stance it does to not further escalate. Iran played knowing that there's no current intention from The West to further destabilize the region militarily. Iran consequently pulled the power balance back to a more favorable place for itself

Israel on the other hand will have a lot of pressure on it from citizens to high up government heads. It's on their hands on how to move forward with little international support for an offensive blowback. I'd conservatively bet on them retaliating a military area in the near future, but we need to be open to crazy decisions based on current regional politics (civilian attack, even elsewhere)

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Why would Iran call with an advanced warning and drones that take hours to get there if the goal was to kill a lot of soldiers, you're basing it on a made up standard

Any attack from Iran to Israel takes hours. 

Newsflash US will protect Israel, thanks for letting us know. 

Just now, Aethereal said:

Any attack from Iran to Israel takes hours. 

Newsflash US will protect Israel, thanks for letting us know. 

Why would Iran call with an advanced warning if their goal was to cause damage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Redstreak said:

Why would Iran call with an advanced warning if their goal was to cause damage

They gave Israel an option of ceasefire in Gaza to stop the attacks. (not sure if they meant permanent)

Also the past months have been the peak of Israeli violence in the state's history and after the attack on embassy, Iran needed something to spare themselves from embarrassment after being all talk for decades. 

1 hour ago, Ayanaa said:

I'm really trying to understand your world view now. What do you view Iran as? How do you think we should be living with Iran in the future? Just keep going with this cold war (as of 1 day ago) forever? Having the poor Iranian people suffer an eternity? 

My view is that peace is good and death is bad, which is why I'm continually disturbed by Israelis reacting with joy to their government entering them into new escalated conflict with what may be another nuclear power. 

Those on the side of Israel have said since 10/07: "Be angry at Hamas. Gazans should overthrow Hamas. Hamas is why this happened. Israel has a right to defend itself."

...but now where is that same attitude? Where are Israelis condemning their government for this escalation? Instead, you have a user in here trying to speak out both sides of their mouth, claiming to have feared his home would be hit by Iranian missiles, but also championing his genocidal government for "this great PR win"??

We're not even talking about a material win. Israel is not under some unearned strife at the hands of Iran (at least before this escalation - a blockade may be coming). Israel is a military power aided by America, the biggest military in the world. At least one could emotionally understand Gazans cheering as Hamas tore down the apartheid metal fences that kept them caged in like an open-air prison. What do Israelis have to fear between their expansionist imperial project? 

It's why this kind of neo-con appropriation of liberal values is meaningless. "I want to see Iranian women with the breeze in their hair!!!" - do you think such will happen from Israel drone striking Tehran? At what point - if any - in history has a country ever experienced cultural liberalization through mass bombing?

It's why, despite being a militant atheist who literally disagrees with most of Iran's values as a nation, I'm left frustrated with people like you who turn geopolitical issues into abstract debates about religion despite these hot-takes being wrong. By arguing this is all due to some "innate violence at the heart of Islam," you excuse things like Israel occupying parts of Lebanon and Syria. You excuse Israel's continued stealing of land within the West Bank that even sobered up Pres. Obama over Israel's true intentions and their killing of a two-state solution.

Even with the threat of missiles flying at them from a potentially nuclear power, Israelis still find time to commit modern-day pogroms:

Edited by Communion

If it suits Russia and its standing on the world stage - they would, without issue, provide nuclear power to Iran. However, it would need to benefit them. 

Edited by Eat The Acid

Lol ISISrael is throwing tantrum as we speak right now and start exaggerating the attack just so they can escalate the situation even further but their daddy USA said no. Now everyone sees their psychotic behavior thirst for blood :bibliahh:

Meanwhile most agreed that Iran has right to defend themselves per Article 51 in response to ISISrael attack on their embassy :celestial5:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Communion said:

My view is that peace is good and death is bad, which is why I'm continually disturbed by Israelis reacting with joy to their government entering them into new escalated conflict with what may be another nuclear power. 

Agreed that Israelis have no reason to celebrate the escalation of the conflict, but weren't the Iranians just yesterday celebrating in Tehran the missile and drone attack? I see a pattern of crowds celebrating and cheering when their enemy gets hit, and it's not exclusive to either side. My two cents is that most of the time these crowds are used for political and strategic reasons by the status quo in each country and should not be interpreted as the general sentiment of the country. Even if it does match the country's sentiment, we can't forget that during war free speech is usually sidelined and war propaganda is broadcasted in most of the media so most people don't have access to unbiased information, and even if they do, they might choose to ignore it because of the perceived common threat and nationalism. Maybe that's why most of us from the outside looking in, might see their behavior as irrational but maybe if we had lived all of our lives in either of those countries, we would be tempted to feel and act the same way seeing that we would have been bombarded with the same propaganda throughout our lives.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Communion said:

That you feel Iran is a dangerous entity makes your current stance even more absurd. "Yes, we should actively encourage Israel to attack and escalate conflict with what we view is an insane Islamic theocracy with a secret stockpile of nuclear weapons!!!"?

I don't know what's more embarrassing. People like you who think Iran will be "liberated" (and what? The Shah reinstated?) if Israel drone strikes downtown metro Tehran, or users like @Minogue posting about how strong and deviant their nation looks for first-striking the Iranian consulate despite likely now having to type these posts from their basement's bomb shelter? Genuine bloodlust and warmongering. 

I feel like "liberated" just means controlled by Western powers 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Israel is incredibly narcissistic to think they could bomb the Iranian consulate in Syria and not face any consequences 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

Lol ISISrael is throwing tantrum as we speak right now and start exaggerating the attack just so they can escalate the situation even further but their daddy USA said no. Now everyone sees their psychotic behavior thirst for blood :bibliahh:

Meanwhile most agreed that Iran has right to defend themselves per Article 51 in response to ISISrael attack on their embassy :celestial5:

WHERE :suburban:

11 minutes ago, brraap said:

Israel is incredibly narcissistic to think they could bomb the Iranian consulate in Syria and not face any consequences 

More like the opposite, they are baiting Iran. They also want to drag the USA into this however it's election year so any massive decision could potentially backfire and give more harm to Biden admin.

Edited by Cloröx
  • Like 1

Glad the USA did the right thing and stopped this. This is why i love the USA.
Always  saving the world :eli: Daddy America.
World war III cancelled. 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Minogue said:

In what world was Jordan Israel's 1# support historically??? War of Independence??? the 6 day war???? The current regime in Jordan is neutral to israel but that's where it ends but they have a history of blood and war in the not so distant past.

Yeah, you're very ill informed. Time to get your "military and polical language" updated :ace: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.