Artist: Dua Lipa 

Song: Illusion 

Position: 30 (+3)

Spins: (+233)

Audience: (+0.675)

Keep gaining Illusion :party:

This is kinda what I expected the album cover to look like….:alexz2:

• Like 6

Im gonna be honest, I had no idea who is Sabrina Carpenter, I thought she was an actress cause I always saw some red carpet photos of her

So I check google and:

She released 5 albums already and had career as an Disney actress before and here we are 9 years (both debuted as singers in 2015) later and she still didn't have worldwide hit. Good for her if Espresso (which sounds like Future Nostalgia B-side just with juvenile lyrics) becomes a hit but what is the comparison with Dua?

Dua is on completely another level. Dua is Versace, Dua is Porsche, Dua is Yves Saint Laurent ... Sabrina is Aeropostale and Skims

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

This is kinda what I expected the album cover to look like….:alexz2:

"By me" and they flipped the image :toofunny3:

• Haha 4

Ok guys. All tea no shade. 

This is the best song out of all the singles released so far and the video is iconic too.

WHY wasn't this the lead??? I will never understand that tbh.

Edited by Disconnect
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, tost1 said:

Oh you're back. Were you banned or just had a life outside of atrl?

Banned ofc :rip:

6 minutes ago, tost1 said:

💔💔 Glad you're back

Thanks bby :heart:

Edited by katara

40 minutes ago, Disconnect said:

Ok guys. All tea no shade. 

This is the best song out of all the singles released so far and the video is iconic too.

WHY wasn't this the lead??? I will never understand that tbh.

I absolute love the song and the video as well, there is not one thing missing and Im otherwise very critical /as I was with Houdini and TS video/

For me its 3/3 so far, so if the rest of the album will be this quality I will be more that happy

• Like 1

I'm so excited for the album release and SNL :WAP: I admittedly care very little about the songs released thus far but I honestly felt kind of the same during FN and then the album floored me

Hoping this is a similar situation 

3 hours ago, mike_int said:

Im gonna be honest, I had no idea who is Sabrina Carpenter, I thought she was an actress cause I always saw some red carpet photos of her

So I check google and:

She released 5 albums already and had career as an Disney actress before and here we are 9 years (both debuted as singers in 2015) later and she still didn't have worldwide hit. Good for her if Espresso (which sounds like Future Nostalgia B-side just with juvenile lyrics) becomes a hit but what is the comparison with Dua?

Dua is on completely another level. Dua is Versace, Dua is Porsche, Dua is Yves Saint Laurent ... Sabrina is Aeropostale and Skims

The comparison is that espresso did better than illusion which means skims is doing better than Versace darling . VERSACE should watch out.

Not y'all complaining about Sabrina comparisons then proceeding to compare Dua to Sabrina :skull:

Sabrina has a smash on her hands and Dua is underperforming, that's the way it is

But that doesn't mean anything cause Dua was in the very same position last album and the album before

• Like 3

Spotify is broken. Illusion (+25) confirmed :duca:

Edited by katara
  • Haha 6

Happy for you is probably my most anticipated track. Everything from description to snippets, it's giving a Psychedelic masterpiece. A wildcard entry for sure!

Sorry, luv her but

0/3 this era, another non-event 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

17 hours ago, AvadaKedavra said:

I have to be honest. I just listened ilusion in full for the first time today and i was like.....This song is cute but when its exploding? Why it feels so soft? Like a lack of energy

Yeah I literally just streamed Illusion for the 1st time 5 minutes ago… what was that Dua? For me, the singles so far have been released in descending order; Houdini is by far the best. TS is great too just kinda got old fast. Illusion is a total miss imo.

And the problem isn't Kevin Parker, listen to his Reality In Motion, Disciples, The Moment, Is It True, Breathe Deeper… the man can make a punchy, pop BANGER.

I think it's Dua who was scared to veer too far from the FN sound. The problem arises cause RO has been marketed as some chasmic sonic departure when so far it's basically a FN rehash but instead of doing coke, we're doing molly now.

She should've went down the Loose by Nelly Furtado path, and saved this era for after. It would've helped establish her US presence, which is more necessary than pandering to the EU who will always show out for her in some capacity :bam:

3 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Sorry, luv her but

0/3 this era, another non-event 

No worries. It is okay, no need to be sorry. Thank you for your letting us know. Hopefully the songs will grow on you over time. :duck:

7 minutes ago, katara said:

Hanging on by a thread :jonny:

4 hours ago, mike_int said:

I absolute love the song and the video as well, there is not one thing missing and Im otherwise very critical /as I was with Houdini and TS video/

For me its 3/3 so far, so if the rest of the album will be this quality I will be more that happy

That only proves how badly this era has been handled :rip:

The fact that the 3rd. single is the best one is not it 

33 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Hanging on by a thread :jonny:

Is this good? What does hanging on by a thread mean? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.