Dua Lipa - "Illusion"

kyliefever2002

12 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I'm sure there will be midtempos on the album to aid the pacing. Cool and Pretty Please helped with that

Def don't want ballads at ALL, but Can They Hear Us is a perfect example of how good she sounds on something a little slower. Underrated song

Good call! "Can They Hear Us" is a top 5 Dua song for me.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• SayIt

• Cain

• Relampago.

13 hours ago, Solaria said:

Also people tend to forget that an underperforming album is not a bad thing persé. It's still building a catalogue, crafting an image and expanding your base. The fact that her debuts are higher from FN, that the album is likely to open with more units than FN, and the fact that her tour dates keep selling like hotcakes is a good thing. 

The only thing that I will say is that she better not wait another four year inbetween albums. The next album should come in 2026 or 2027 at the LATEST

Agree with this take. If the album is critical acclaimed it will be seen as an artist experimenting even with the consequences. It will give her creed
Not another artist trying the same commercial formula of her sophomore. She's evolving and doin her own thing. Thats cool even if she fails with it. 

I honestly think she should release a new album next year. Something in a total diferent lane to disco-this kevin parker thing but very Uptempo too. 
Just start all over again. New single in summer of next year. Have more feats too.
I also love the james bond idea. She can pull that off. Beautiful ballads in that lane :giraffe:

Sometimes i also wonder if gettin involved in Politics damaged her a bit :gayoncecat3:what if there's blacklistin from the industry and we are not aware??

This song deserves better :biblionny: is the best from the 3

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Agree with this take. If the album is critical acclaimed it will be seen as an artist experimenting even with the consequences. It will give her creed
Not another artist trying the same commercial formula of her sophomore. She's evolving and doin her own thing. Thats cool even if she fails with it. 

I honestly think she should release a new album next year. Something in a total diferent lane to disco-this kevin parker thing but very Uptempo too. 
Just start all over again. New single in summer of next year. Have more feats too.
I also love the james bond idea. She can pull that off. Beautiful ballads in that lane :giraffe:

Sometimes i also wonder if gettin involved in Politics damaged her a bit :gayoncecat3:what if there's blacklistin from the industry and we are not aware??

This song deserves better :biblionny: is the best from the 3

While I agree, the truth is that the majority of the GP feels shes serving FN part 2 in worse. Most people who really like Dua criticize that she's become stale and is serving nothing new, so this whole "its ok to bomb because its seen as experimenting" would be ok IF people felt this way - which they dont tbh

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

1 hour ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

While I agree, the truth is that the majority of the GP feels shes serving FN part 2 in worse. Most people who really like Dua criticize that she's become stale and is serving nothing new, so this whole "its ok to bomb because its seen as experimenting" would be ok IF people felt this way - which they dont tbh

And those are same people who praise Lana who is singing the same type of song for decade

Double standards

Also this will be Dua 3rd album only and Future Nostalgia was completely different form the debut so ... Nick Young Wtf GIF

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, mike_int said:

And those are same people who praise Lana who is singing the same type of song for decade

Double standards

Also this will be Dua 3rd album only and Future Nostalgia was completely different form the debut so ... Nick Young Wtf GIF

Im just echoing what i hear, and you can't neglect these voices just because u dont agree. They are there, and to a certain extent, they are valid

9 hours ago, Lovett said:

UK Apple Music

#12. (+1) Dua Lipa – "Illusion"

UK Apple Music

#13. (-1) Dua Lipa – "Illusion"

Problem is most of "artists" are usually following trends and then we have 2-3 style of songs which are popular and everybody is releasing copy of one another.

Just like disco-funk elements started to be popular after Duas success with Dont Start Now and Doja Cat Say So everybody jump on a bandwagon of the sound.

All three singles from RO so far would not sonically fit on Future Nostalgia cause of the type of elements and instruments they contain however most of the listeners with attention span of 3 year old don't even think about what they hear and go on to the next one.

4 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Im just echoing what i hear, and you can't neglect these voices just because u dont agree. They are there, and to a certain extent, they are valid

I did not disagree with you at all ;) I was joining the discussion.

If I agree or not its one thing, but we are in era literally everyone feel entitled to their opinion and can share it online, but why would we give them weight?

Ok, people have opinion, but unless they can give me valid argument based on fact then it is just an opinion, and with opinion you cannot even wipe **** out of your ass after the toilet, if you know what I mean. LOL

Edited by mike_int

this album is getting too many think pieces before its arrival imo, chart obsessed fans are only ruining the fun for themselves! "Illusion" is guaranteed to be a summer smash/late bloomer. 

SNL prob performing illusion and a new focus track

re: Dua ballads

let's not forget she ate Sam Smith up on their own song!! she is capable of going there 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

well... it's f*cking over :noparty: :dancehall2:

:ahh:

Dua always drop on the weekend. Illusion will surge/gain for the Monday update! 

Don't worry Dula Peep

Dua drops -3 spots on the Daily Top Artists chart

This song is freefalling. Training abt to spend only 8 weeks on the US charts...  arent her label and her scared. Dont they see the songs aint clicking while pop songs like expresso are. Her songs this era all sound the same overproduced bland and with no natural hook it feels forced and unnatural. Unless theres a gem on the album to salvage this era the album is gonna tank so hard. I miss her cold heart and dont start sounds. 

Edited by kayliah
  • Thumbs Down 2

Fell 3 spots to #30 on Global chart. Stable which is a very good sign.

15 minutes ago, kayliah said:

This song is freefalling. Training abt to spend only 8 weeks on the US charts...  arent her label and her scared. Dont they see the songs aint clicking while pop songs like expresso are. Her songs this era all sound the same overproduced bland and with no natural hook it feels forced and unnatural. Unless theres a gem on the album to salvage this era the album is gonna tank so hard. I miss her cold heart and dont start sounds. 

aren't you tired? :skull:

We're in the trenches. The album will have the Rude Boy.

*stay strong sis dua lipa will be the next rihanna GIF*

I actually love this, imo it's her best single since Don't Stop Now. I have the extended mix on repeat :heart:

I think when people say it sounds like other Future Nostalgia singles they're mistaken. I think they really mean it's a bit Dua By Numbers and slightly predictable (which it is, but that doesn't take away from the enjoyment for me).

Unpopular opinion but I'd love her to do more songs like Good In Bed (that kind of ska(?) sound) and some ballads. Hopefully there's at least one slower song on the album.

34 minutes ago, Axel. said:

aren't you tired? :skull:

Nope. I am sick that her label and team didnt shift gears as soon as Houdini underperformed massively/ flopped. I want success for Dua and WW domination.  This was her chance before ageism kicks in at radio.

• Thumbs Down 1

I love all three singles

• Like 1

take it easy, now we need radical optimism:bird:

• Like 1

This WILL become a smash and it WILL replace OK as her ultimate summer hit. I'm radically optimistic

giphy.gif

The production on this feels kind of dry. Like it needed a little more oomph. 

this should be pulling Espresso's numbers
I hate the US for spreading the word about her "flopping" and "sounding the same" now the rest of the world is following

Dua Lipa Crying GIF - Dua Lipa Crying Frustrated GIFs

• Haha 1

I luv Espresso but it's also nothing new so idk why Dua is the main one subjected to this criticism but it's okay cause I'm still fully loving every song from this era :heart: 

• Like 4

I disagree with yll. I dont think the problem is Dua doin the same music. Cause look how Dance The Night slayed.
These also dont feel like Proper disco POP songs like the past era. They feel more like  funky and experimental electronic pop
The problem is the songs. They lack punch. Theyre not strong enough and youre all blind cause youre all fans. Im a casual dua listener, so i can see it :foxaylove2:
I have to be honest. I just listened ilusion in full for the first time today and i was like.....This song is cute but when its exploding? Why it feels so soft? Like a lack of energy and is definitely the best from the 3
Ilusion is great but feels like a lemonade without sugar. The problem is Kevin Parker and i stood in my take :giraffe:
The video is insanely good tho. Hope it helps the song

I was predicting this before houdini was released and i was right. I was worried
Working with him was a mistake. The psychelic concept was not the greatest idea too. She needed a concept with more appeal
The guy doesnt know how to make commercial pop songs. Like cmon he produced the messy perfect illusion :gaycat3:
Danny Harle is also a producer of PC music. His songs are a bit weird. Thats not helping at all. 
A producer believe or not. They shape the vibe of a record. Compare the productions of someone like William to someone like Max Martin

But lets stop worring about performances. Lets enjoy the music :gaycat4: even if the songs are not masterpieces theyre really catchy.
They add something new to her discography.  Future Nostalgia 2? where? This feels like a totally new twist but in the dance music lane again. 
Just live your best life with these songs. Who cares about the charts? She will eventually come with something more streaming-radio friendly
The artwork of the album is also one of the best in years. I would love to have the vynyl. Just be glad u have new music from dua. The videos are so hot too

Another great idea would be to have an expanded or deluxe edition. I think the album is too short.
It would be great if dua works in different songs with different producers but playin with the concept of the record.
Maybe for next year or the end of this year :gayoncecat3:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

I disagree with yll. I dont think the problem is Dua doin the same music. Cause look how Dance The Night slayed.
These also dont feel like Proper disco POP songs like the past era. They feel more like  funky and experimental electronic pop
The problem is the songs. They lack punch. Theyre not strong enough and youre all blind cause youre all fans. Im a casual dua listener, so i can see it :foxaylove2:
I have to be honest. I just listened ilusion in full for the first time today and i was like.....This song is cute but when its exploding? Why it feels so soft? Like a lack of energy and is definitely the best from the 3
Ilusion is great but feels like a lemonade without sugar. The problem is Kevin Parker and i stood in my take :giraffe:
The video is insanely good tho. Hope it helps the song

I was predicting this before houdini was released and i was right. I was worried
Working with him was a mistake. The psychelic concept was not the greatest idea too. She needed a concept with more appeal
The guy doesnt know how to make commercial pop songs. Like cmon he produced the messy perfect illusion :gaycat3:
Danny Harle is also a producer of PC music. His songs are a bit weird. Thats not helping at all. 
A producer believe or not. They shape the vibe of a record. Compare the productions of someone like William to someone like Max Martin

But lets stop worring about performances. Lets enjoy the music :gaycat4: even if the songs are not masterpieces theyre really catchy.
They add something new to her discography.  Future Nostalgia 2? where? This feels like a totally new twist but in the dance music lane again. 
Just live your best life with these songs. Who cares about the charts? She will eventually come with something more streaming-radio friendly
The artwork of the album is also one of the best in years. I would love to have the vynyl. Just be glad u have new music from dua. The videos are so hot too

Another great idea would be to have an expanded or deluxe edition. I think the album is too short.
It would be great if dua works in different songs with different producers but playin with the concept of the record.
Maybe for next year or the end of this year :gayoncecat3:

This is how y'all write a post critiquing a song/era/artist btw, take notes!

I don't agree with a lot of what you said, the music feels way more confident and interesting to me than most of FN and all of DL1, but I can also see what you mean, thanks for sharing love :kiss:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.