Will Beyonce win a country category grammy?

tost1

They will give everything to Stapleton. Country voters are really predictable

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• G.U.Y.

• Cheers

• BrandNewBrandon

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not for the same reason  Zack Bryant didn't win any.  They are not from the country music community.  

2 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Darius Rucker, Best Country Solo Performance Winner

most of his solo albums are country though.

Charley Pride, Best Country Vocal Performance, Male Winner

a country artist since his first album in 1966

Pointer Sisters, Best Country Vocal Performance, Group/Duo Winner

a year after their debut album

Aaron Neville, Best Country Collaboration Winner

Collab with a country artist

So she'll be the first black artist to win Best Country Album & Best Country Song or the first to win in x amount of years. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Probably not for the same reason  Zack Bryant didn't win any.  They are not from the country music community.  

though all of zach's albums are at least classified as country.

I don't see many precedents for long-established veteran a-list superstars pivoting to country and right off the bat being embraced by the country industry

Edited by fridayteenage

35 minutes ago, byzantium said:

He won Best Country Duo/Group for I Remember Everything (with Kacey)

Of course 

I only want Beyonce to win album of the year if she deserves it. Like self titled and lemonade. Don't just give it to her cos she's been snubbed twice. 

its her biggest chance to win AOTY

country solid votes is really strong

They are the most progressive bunch out of all the country community (No Morgan noms despite him having the biggest country album and song of all time, Kacey, Dixie Chicks and many other boycotted artists winning) but they hate the writing camp stuff Beyonce uses. If she doesn't win it'll probably be for that reason. She is easily getting nominated wherever she submits due to being on the top of the ballot.  And if Beyonce Grammy campaign after noms puts enough pressure on them, they would fold easily and vote for her in fear of backlash and she will probably win since i don't think there will be a strong frontrunner this year so every vote will count.

I'm praying she sweeps the CMAs this/next year 

1 hour ago, G.U.Y. said:

Let's see if Jay has enough money and power to do it.

He's a multibillionaire

I don't think she will win any country categories unfortunately but I also don't think jays speech will lower her chances of winning other awards. In 2018 he literally said "f the Grammys" because he had 8 nominations and zero wins and she still won awards, then went on to win a legend award. She's fine 

1 hour ago, Funnyfatty said:

According to the hive an unreleased album deserves a grammy :toofunny2: 

Isn't Texas Hold 'Em a front runner for basically everything? you really thought :toofunny3:

2 hours ago, Mordecai said:

They've given Kacey, an artist who is blacklisted on country radio, 2 country album of the year grammys and helped push her to AOTY, they recognise many women when the rest of the industry ignores them and helped the Dixie Chicks sweep almost 20 years ago when they were cancelled.

Because the voters have never paid any time towards outside genre artists coming into country for the one album or era (even Grammy favourites like Lionel Richie and Sheryl Crow, who 2010s country albums had actual country radio hits). Jelly Roll and Darius Rucker don't count either since they fully transitioned and change their genre.

In the past decade no Nashville or genre outsider has been nominated or won a country Grammy as a lead act, or if they are lead, it's with the help of an established favourite

Kelly Clarkson with Jason Aldean

Kelly Clarkson with Vince Gill
Elle King with Dierks Bentley

Pentantonix with Dolly Parton

Pink with Kenny Chesney

Bebe Rexha with Florida Georgia Line

Justin Bieber with Dan + Shay

Elle King with Miranda Lambert

Echo everyone saying she'll submit to American Roots, this is the same branch that's given wins to non-AR artist like Steve Martin, Bonnie Raitt, Mavis Staples, Alabama Shakes, Sara Bareilles, Jon Batiste and nominations to Jack White, Robert Plant, Don Henley, Sheryl Crow, Glenn Campbell and Norah Jones.

I hope she does just to show them who owns the throne 

yee haww 

In an ideal world she wouldn't even submit bc she's bigger than the Grammys, but Columbia's not letting that happen :eli:

Her best shot at a country grammy would probably for best duo/group performance if she has a major feature - would be shocked if she got enough support from the country bloc for a solo country award.

Texas and 16C are two of the best country songs in a long time. Going to wait for the album but the signs are very promising.

4 hours ago, TROPICUM said:

call me delusional but with the narrative from last years grammys + the backstory of the album AND the multiple possible hits it can produce aside from texas (since her country change was very well received by the gp)…

i fear she has country album and country song in the bag 

… as well as AOTY. idgaf :michael:

While I do not rule out big success, there is no way the country faction is going to accept her. They are so pretentious and, dare I say, racist. They will see her as an affront to the genre. Remember, people get to vote anonymously so they do not care who they offend. 

Bey has lost AOTY multiple times so it is clear the academy is not interested in awarding her so switching genres will not change that.

Best Country Collab with Dolly 

:ryan3:

not with that jay unhinged rant on stage though

Sure but it will be pity votes :coffee2:

4 hours ago, Funnyfatty said:

According to the hive an unreleased album deserves a grammy :toofunny2: 

Yep it does :clap3:

Let's wait for the material and talk more next weekend. :celestial2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.