Will Beyonce win a country category grammy?

tost1

Well the title says it all, what are your thoughts?

Edited by tost1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• G.U.Y.

• Cheers

• BrandNewBrandon

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know…this is tricky…I don't think so. We'll see how much of a darling she is next year. Will this be the first album Beyonce doesn't win a Grammy?

I think she's aiming for the Americana categories. 

call me delusional but with the narrative from last years grammys + the backstory of the album AND the multiple possible hits it can produce aside from texas (since her country change was very well received by the gp)…

i fear she has country album and country song in the bag 

… as well as AOTY. idgaf :michael:

Nope

9 minutes ago, Njshawty said:

I don't know…this is tricky…I don't think so. We'll see how much of a darling she is next year. Will this be the first album Beyonce doesn't win a Grammy?

I think we'd have to wait and see the material but it's definitely at the highest risk of missing something. Who knows, maybe something will come out that could be classified as American Roots.

I don't know why there's this perception that the country Grammy base is 'conservative' or whatever

They've given Kacey, an artist who is blacklisted on country radio, 2 country album of the year grammys and helped push her to AOTY, they recognise many women when the rest of the industry ignores them and helped the Dixie Chicks sweep almost 20 years ago when they were cancelled.

Now of course Beyonce is a completely different subject altogether but I think she absolutely has the chance to get country grammys, and dare I say if the album is well received in the vein of Renaissance I genuinely think she could win AOTY this time, not to mention the commercial success is much stronger this time around

Edited by Mordecai
  • Like 1

I doubt it. Idk she and jay-z kinda tainted their next win

1 minute ago, Mordecai said:

I don't know why there's this perception that the country Grammy base is 'conservative' or whatever

Yeah, the country Grammy base is not the same as country radio or country award shows. 

I don't really see a country field win for Beyoncé when Stapleton, Musgraves, and other Nashville faves will be on the ballot. I see her being better received by the Americana field: they're far more receptive to "genre outsiders" (see: Sara Bareilles winning there).

If Beyonce wins then great. If Beyonce doesn't win it's still a win because the grammys loss would generate a lot of buzz/promo and she's still the most globally beloved country singer right now. Beyonce has nothing to prove to the grammys. 

• Thumbs Down 2

yes, jay z will buy her one as a gift for their annual date night 

• Thumbs Down 1

Yes. It's v predictable. They will televise all the country categories for the first time in a long time (or ever?) to highlight Beyonce breaking records as the first black person in country categories.

She will win AOTY too

BrandNewBrandon
9 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

This narrative is so stupid. If Grammys could've been bought she would've had AOTY by now and that rant speech Jay-Z gave at this year's Grammys wouldn't have taken place. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

what we've heard so far is absolutely grammy worthy but grandpa jay done pissed off the recording academy 

BrandNewBrandon
6 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Yes. It's v predictable. They will televise all the country categories for the first time in a long time (or ever?) to highlight Beyonce breaking records as the first black person in country categories.

She will win AOTY too

The Grammys would love to have people talk about them because it prolongs their relevancy so giving Beyoncé Grammys in the country categories would be very talked about. 

36 minutes ago, StonedSoulPicnic said:

I think she's aiming for the Americana categories. 

This kinda seems personal. So she's going for country. 

• Thanks 1

Let's see if Jay has enough money and power to do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

a grammy yes,

album of the year, no

maybe

28 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

a better gift than the petty's clinking their ankle monitors for sure

• Haha 1

According to the hive an unreleased album deserves a grammy :toofunny2: 

I'd love to see it 

If they televise the country categories next year we can basically assume she's winning (if nominated) 

41 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Yes. It's v predictable. They will televise all the country categories for the first time in a long time (or ever?) to highlight Beyonce breaking records as the first black person in country categories

Darius Rucker, Best Country Solo Performance Winner

most of his solo albums are country though.

Charley Pride, Best Country Vocal Performance, Male Winner

a country artist since his first album in 1966

Pointer Sisters, Best Country Vocal Performance, Group/Duo Winner

a year after their debut album

Aaron Neville, Best Country Collaboration Winner

Collab with a country artist

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.