Leigh-Anne reportedly won't shoot MV for new song after failing to impress Warner

Nefertiti0

:deadbanana4:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danai G

• SinnerCity

• glitch

• ImpressMeMuch

This thread title should be changed and is stupidly misleading just like the weird fans who are always harder on leigh anne specifically...

On 3/24/2024 at 4:48 PM, J Legend X said:

yeah but for some reason Jade is coming across super lazy after the hiatus... is all about travelling and getting dicked down tbh

isn't she having issues w her label as well?

in any case, the situations sucks. i feel for leigh anne because it's always harder for black female artists. that said, her solo music is kinda faceless and generic :katie:

this is so confusing because is it just me or there's absolutely nothing wrong with Don't Say Love and My Love? people are being super harsh with Leigh-Anne and the songs are quite the bops. also the Tyla comparisons are so crazy considering "My Love" which is not even sonically similar to "Water" are crazy, she even had a snippet of My Love at the end of the video for Don't Say Love :deadbanana:

• Like 1

On 3/24/2024 at 6:27 PM, glitch said:

I'm also fuming that Jade, the only one who can write and seemingly the most interesting/creative, will be the last one to release anything

Clever if you ask me, she'll learn from the other girls mistakes. 

This is no surprise, Leigh has always been the blandest woman in the industry and the most faceless in the group. None of them really work on a solo level, a simple fact that was the very cause for the groups creation. The sooner they realise this  and get this solo career thing out their systems and regroup the better. We need more bops.

I share the same sentiments unfortunately. None of them had a recognisable-enough individual brand/identity, and there has been very few tales of successful solo acts out of pop groups, especially girl groups. Even the spice girls each had their own distinct persona and they still could barely launch successful solo careers. Its a shame because they are all so talented but unfortunately besides their hardcore stans, they are basically starting over with the GP, who are extremely fickle and misogynistic to be quite honest. 

Out of all of them the only one I see having a proper chance is Jade, but i fear she has waited too long and a lot of the hype has died down.

Ed Millet, TAP Music co-founder wrote on his latest story: 

"After two statement singles that showed solo star potential it's now time to tell a deeper story. Coming out of such a big girl group and with all the focus that comes with that, this upcoming project is important to show the depth and artistic intention behind everything to come and the perfect time to do it.

Leigh-Anne has put together a beautiful body of work that will, along with it's accompanying visuals, paint a picture of a unique solo artist with a clear vision. While she continues to build her debut album excited for this project to see the light of day and for everyone to get a real sense of her artistry. Something not possible with a single song of course. So much more to come and

very soon ......❤️"

It's clear that there's a vision and that TAP Music will continue to promote Leigh-Anne. 

• Like 2

On 3/24/2024 at 5:48 PM, J Legend X said:

yeah but for some reason Jade is coming across super lazy after the hiatus... is all about travelling and getting dicked down tbh

I remember articles coming out with her label saying they thought she could be the next Ariana Grande. Jade said thanks but im not done traveling the world just yet. 

10 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

I remember articles coming out with her label saying they thought she could be the next Ariana Grande. Jade said thanks but im not done traveling the world just yet. 

If her label expects her to become the next Ariana Grande without promotion then good luck...The hype is not massive and they have to work harder than before to attract the general public. They have to compete against artists with bigger fanbases (let's be real, they cannot depend on Little Mix's fandom) or upcoming artists like Tyla who are certainly promoted a lot.

Let's hope that her label and management team will fulfil their promise of making Leigh-Anne a big star. 

Those of you mentioning their lack of personality/identity have never seen any of their interviews or documentaries/series :skull:

Edited by CrisPop
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Little Mix was never good, let's tart with this. They have two good songs: Sweet Melody and that Missy Elliott one.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

I think Perrie's solo career will be successful, at least to begin with. I've always been dubious of the others, especially one in particular that has already flopped.

Spoiler

We love to see it!

:ryan3:

Edited by P!nk
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 3/25/2024 at 7:25 AM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

She won't be happening unfortunately. She has no artistic direction or vision at all. She's quite boring and lackluster. Even Jesy Nelson had more personality on that God awful "Boyz" single.

I'm obsessed with how you capitalized "God" here. Just trad cath things :heart2:

• Haha 2

Oh, the song is just 2:20 minutes long...

The song is lovely but it's incredibly short...I feel like it lacks an extra verse or a climax. I still like it but I hope it'll grow on me more. I also hope that in the following weeks Leigh-Anne will release an extended version or something. 

BrandNewBrandon

"Don't Say Love", "My Love" and now "Stealin' Love"? If her music is as uninspired as those titles then I get why she can't break through. 

On 3/25/2024 at 4:14 AM, Cheers said:

Little Mix worked best as a group. None of those girls have solo star factor.

Yes, unfortunately 

Not every girlgroup can be a BLACKPINK...even tho most of them try

Since Stealing Love is out, I want Leigh-Anne's label and team to promote the f*ck out of it.

•Vevo performances

•Live Lounge performance or cover for another song, showcasing once again her live abilities

•Interviews and tv appearances

•Maybe a cute tiktok challenge to invite fans to dance to the song 

I don't want them to promote the song months after the release like with Don't Say Love or My Love. I want them to strike while the iron is hot. Leigh-Anne deserves the best, Stealing Love really showcases her abilities as an artist and it can become a moderate hit with the right promotion. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 11:02 PM, prézli said:

Little Mix was never good, let's tart with this. They have two good songs: Sweet Melody and that Missy Elliott one.

Not true. Sweet Melody, Move and Touch are all stellar. But yes, most of the rest is pish

Edited by Mr.X

On 3/26/2024 at 10:42 PM, CrisPop said:

Those of you mentioning their lack of personality/identity have never seen any of their interviews or documentaries/series :skull:

Literally, they are four of the most charismatic girls.

On 3/24/2024 at 9:15 PM, Solaria said:

Ofcourse Warner doesn't have the budget they're too busy pushing that annoying twink Benson Boone all up in our faces

And Meg the stallion and dua lipa

2 hours ago, rac7d said:

And Meg the stallion and dua lipa

I mean...they bring them money... Unfortunately this is how the industry works. If they see that Leigh-Anne is getting more recognition and people buy and stream her music, they will surely support her more. Right now, it makes sense why they are hesitant to support financially the production of a MV. 

I pray that the Twitter hype will translate into streams 😭

• Haha 1

Perrie and Jade have the most star power to me

Sis… you can shoot a MV on an iPhone. Get some uni students to help you out who want credentials on their resume… there's student producers, filmographers, video editors etc. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.