Leigh-Anne reportedly won't shoot MV for new song after failing to impress Warner

Nefertiti0

The former Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock announced that she is dropping 5 new tracks "that fit together in their own world ".
The first, 'Stealin Love', is expected to land this week. But insiders say Warner Records have not forked out for a shoot to accompany the release – after her singles 'Don't Say Love' and 'My Love' got only a lukewarm response.

"Warner heavily backed 'Don't Say Love' for her debut but were disappointed with how it charted. The same was true with 'My Love'.
"There's no doubt that Leigh-Anne is a huge talent and solo success can take time to build. "But lately she's struggled to get the financial backing she hoped for – to the extent that she has even contributed herself to the campaign. And now her latest track, Stealin Love, is being released with no video."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/former-little-mix-star-leigh-32426519

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danai G

• SinnerCity

• glitch

• ImpressMeMuch

It's just funny how they launched her career with Don't Say Love, and then basically got rebranded as Tyla blew up. I know she has Caribbean ancestry but it was just an interesting sound change. Labels suck

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

My love was all over radio. It was played literally every three seconds last summer along with Tyla's Water. 

Payola? 

• Like 1

Upsetting but not surprising. 

Little Mix worked best as a group. None of those girls have solo star factor.

• Like 15
  • Thumbs Down 1

Ofcourse Warner doesn't have the budget they're too busy pushing that annoying twink Benson Boone all up in our faces

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Jesy voodoo 

• Haha 12
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I really hate seeing them flopping like this. They were so strong as a unit but individually seem to be lacking that same star power.

What happened to this energy

• Like 9

Hopefully they all flop and then get back together 

No it factor, Perrie carried the group and remains the most famous

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

5 minutes ago, glitch said:

I think they should've each dropped a solo EP whilst the band was still together and not done the whole hiatus thing.

Good point

this and perrie going for the p!nk-kelly sound like what's going on :dancehall:

how many times do we have to go through this... stop trying to make girl group members happen, they are not gonna happen. 

• Like 7

poor that, i'm sure her homophobic bf/hubby is busy drying out her tears as we speak :date2:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rickycabello123 said:

No it factor, Perrie carried the group and remains the most famous

Of course a Camila stan said this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

She won't be happening unfortunately. She has no artistic direction or vision at all. She's quite boring and lackluster. Even Jesy Nelson had more personality on that God awful "Boyz" single.

• Like 2

Sadly, I dont think any of the girls will see big success solo. Something about Jade gives her the strongest chance imo.

Not because they are'nt talented popgirls, but its a saturated market. Leigh-Annes voice struggles to "carry" solo material, and none og the girls are brilliant songwriters (in terms of producing hits). Their biggest hits were mostly (solely?) written by others.

• Like 1

I'm also fuming that Jade, the only one who can write and seemingly the most interesting/creative, will be the last one to release anything

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can we just skip these solo release tragedies and get a new LM album? No one is checking for them solo

:clack:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.