Leigh-Anne reportedly won't shoot MV for new song after failing to impress Warner

Nefertiti0

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danai G

• SinnerCity

• glitch

• ImpressMeMuch

It's understandable. My Love should've been the first single in my opinion. Don't say love was a weak first single and the fact its promo was virtually non existent outside physical singles says it all. 

Little Mix hasn't disbanded, let's be clear on that. The girls needed to release solo material for them to explore and evolve. 

I'm hopeful Perrie and Jade will have better chances but I honestly can't see Leigh-Anne releasing an album under a label at this point and I'm fine with that. If she can fund an independent release then she should do it but it's clear Warner and Leigh-Anne are not in the best terms right now since she shaded them a few months ago when she started using TikTok more regularly because the label asked her to.

they are GODLY together - that Sweet Melody performance is breathtaking - but apart it's giving MID, sorry girlies :celestial5:

• Like 1

The Saturdays comeback in 2025, LM comeback in 2026. We need strong girl groups back

I honestly feel she was set up for failure the moment her team launched her as 'next big British superstar' or something around those lines in the press.

Leigh is clearly still discovering Who she is as a solo artist with a label Who has trouble marketing her.

I also do think LM went on a hiatus at a very weird point. I get their need to discover themselves as individuals especially when two of them being parents now.

But the GH era felt underwhelming and they only reached the tip of what they were as a trio.

So I am curious to see how all of their solo eras will go.  I hope for Leigh that Warner and her team figure something out to atleast get a debut album out there later this year. Also I wouldnt be suprised if she features on some DJ songs to keep her name out there

• Like 2

already troubles? I feel bad for her.

The girls work better as a group but honestly not even as a stan I expected them to have an instant ww smash as solo. Hope for her she goes indepentent and releases the music she wants with or without a mv or a big budget.

Edited by Sad Serenade

If the songs aren't making profit for the label then it's too risky to invest more on them ,I understand :michael:

• Like 1

I liked Don't Say Love but My Love was terrible.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J-esper said:

I honestly feel she was set up for failure the moment her team launched her as 'next big British superstar' or something around those lines in the press.

Leigh is clearly still discovering Who she is as a solo artist with a label Who has trouble marketing her.

I also do think LM went on a hiatus at a very weird point. I get their need to discover themselves as individuals especially when two of them being parents now.

But the GH era felt underwhelming and they only reached the tip of what they were as a trio.

So I am curious to see how all of their solo eras will go.  I hope for Leigh that Warner and her team figure something out to atleast get a debut album out there later this year. Also I wouldnt be suprised if she features on some DJ songs to keep her name out there

I also feel that Jesy left at such random time to be fair. She should've left years ago or not leave at all but leaving a year before they went on hiatus left the girls in a such tricky point.

• Like 1

When Perrie & Zayn broke up, perrie should've gone solo, then jade and Leigh. The girls are lovely and talented but lack individual appeal. 
Also jesy leaving, involuntary killed the hype for LM since her debut was a bomb. 

Edited by Dialamba

She needed to be more than Leigh Ann from Little Mix and the material needed to back that up. Her label gave her a Mabel leftover as a lead expecting it to have huge appeal, but the OG Mabel herself has been struggling with UK audiences. It was a generic and unremarkable debut. And that is Leigh's biggest weakness: she has a quite generic persona too. She needed to take notes from Jorja, Pinkpanthress, Tyla, and others. It's hard for a black girl to break in the UK, so she needed to build an interesting and strong persona for people to identify with and find her swag enticing. She looks every inch the bored suburban mom people think she is. It's meaningless to hop on afrobeats and other club genres if you don't have the poise to support the sound. And the worst part is that she actually has the potential, but she needs better collaborators, better image, and a good ear for good interesting music. She won't blow up, but she will at least keep her name afloat as a solo act with people checking her music. Now she has neither and it's only down from here until that Little Mix reunion

Edited by liquiddiamonds

12 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

I also feel that Jesy left at such random time to be fair. She should've left years ago or not leave at all but leaving a year before they went on hiatus left the girls in a such tricky point.

Leigh-Anne flopping is not due to Jesy leaving. Jesy was literally hospitalised at the end of 2020 which led to her mom and the girls deciding it was time for her to leave as it was too much for her.

The Jesy drama has given Leigh-Anne more attention than she would have originally got had that not have happened as she had immense good will. She also had immense radio support, DSL & ML are played non-stop on the radio. I think Leigh-Anne 'flopping' is due to her being the weakest singer out of LM and the least favourite, in my opinion.

DSL and ML were ok. The ML video was incredible but that did not translate into her performances. Her vocals had improved immensely in the last few years of Little Mix but they seem to have gone backwards in her live performances.

Little Mix as a four piece were incredible. I know stan twitter claim to prefer them as a three piece but idk if the GP would want a three-piece as much as a four piece should they do a reunion in a few years.

The fact that all these girls tried it and failed miserably on their first attempt :suburban:

No wonder everyone hates Camila, she's the only one who actually managed to get a solo career :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Yeah I just don't see it happening for her unfortunately, let's see how Pierre does now and Jade if she ever releases.

I know people on here are gonna take it personally but none of these girls are solo stars. They aren't different enough to the rest of them. I can understand the need for them to individually try new things but no one cares. They aren't like the spice girls where each girl is different and you can see them all differently as solo artists.

it's all good though. They'll eventually get back together. They always do 

I'm probably the only one to like Don't Say Love tbh. It's not a great choice as a single but still love it.

1 hour ago, brraap said:

My love was all over radio. It was played literally every three seconds last summer along with Tyla's Water. 

Payola? 

Where? :huh:

there's a reason they got put in a group, none of them were deemed good enough as soloists

the only one that could have a hit is Perrie so I'm waiting to see how her music is

43 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

Leigh-Anne flopping is not due to Jesy leaving. Jesy was literally hospitalised at the end of 2020 which led to her mom and the girls deciding it was time for her to leave as it was too much for her.

The Jesy drama has given Leigh-Anne more attention than she would have originally got had that not have happened as she had immense good will. She also had immense radio support, DSL & ML are played non-stop on the radio. I think Leigh-Anne 'flopping' is due to her being the weakest singer out of LM and the least favourite, in my opinion.

DSL and ML were ok. The ML video was incredible but that did not translate into her performances. Her vocals had improved immensely in the last few years of Little Mix but they seem to have gone backwards in her live performances.

Little Mix as a four piece were incredible. I know stan twitter claim to prefer them as a three piece but idk if the GP would want a three-piece as much as a four piece should they do a reunion in a few years.

Now, where did I say Jesy was the reason of Leigh-Anne's flopping?  I said Jesy leaving right before the hiatus was weird because the girls didn't explore LM3 much before embarking on their solo careers. I'm well versed on LM history since I'm a long-time fan so I really don't know what your comment had to do with mine. 

This deserved to be the lead. They wanted to bridge the gap between Little Mix sound & Leigh-Anne with DSL but it was mid. My Love is far superior and this would've sounded great during summer.

My issue with Leigh-Anne is I don't believe her as performer. She still looks unsure of herself on stage. She has the potential but her confidence is holding her back!

I can see the Little Mix girls back together in 2026 for their 15th anniversary.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SweetTalker said:

It's just funny how they launched her career with Don't Say Love, and then basically got rebranded as Tyla blew up. I know she has Caribbean ancestry but it was just an interesting sound change. Labels suck

The song was recorded before Water blew up. That sound has been popular in the UK for a long time tbh.

1 hour ago, brraap said:

My love was all over radio. It was played literally every three seconds last summer along with Tyla's Water. 

Payola? 

She has a good relationship with radio due to doing interviews with basically every notable UK station for years - plus she's a with a big management team (& Capital normally give a lot of support to artists who agree to perform at their Jingle Bell Ball).

Both singles are great, but unfortunately it takes more than that. Plus it's more difficult than ever to break a new/ex-group act rn tbh.

Little Mix are like Spice Girls. They really work as a group, and that's what everyone wants.

Solo-wise, they are at best mediocre, and at worst completely boring. They just don't work as a solo artists.

2 hours ago, Solaria said:

Ofcourse Warner doesn't have the budget they're too busy pushing that annoying twink Benson Boone all up in our faces

And her

duahoudinigif3.thumb.gif.14f021fe804119f

• Haha 1

Anyway, 2 pages in and we're not addressing the elephant in the room? She is literally the least talented and interesting girl out of the whole group. 

If someone was to flop harder than Jesy, it was definitely her. :matty:

2 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

Little Mix shouldn't have gone solo in my opinion :skull:

!!!! None of them have "it" factor solo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.