Can Taylor get two #1 hits with Tortured Poets Department like Ariana?

Bethenny Frankel

19 minutes ago, 1989 said:

It's not going to happen because it won't be a "downfall" in the way that ATRL desperately wants it to be. Barring some major, major scandal, she's not crashing and burning—there won't be a Bionic, a Witness, or an Artpop.

Of course she (and the current "Taylormania”) will slow down before too long. She'll release less, won't tour, and we won't see her as much, but it will be a natural thing. She's headed towards McCartney, Springsteen, and, yes, Madonna status, where when she does pop up somewhere, people will still watch and listen to see what she has to say. It will basically be the switch into living legend status, but there won't be some "gotcha!” pop culture moment. Taylor, like those mentioned before, has navigated her career and any criticisms she's faced at an almost expert level. I wouldn't use the term "immune" because no one is truly immune, but it IS true she's at a level that makes her more protected than the average "pop girl". 

And honestly if I'm being 100% objective and putting 'stan biases' aside, the same applies to Beyoncé. She and Taylor are the two girls that won't be getting "cancelled", nor will they ever be truly irrelevant, no matter how much ATRL whines about it. 

And there's also something to be said about how the music industry and even governments, the touring industry and other industries also need or at the very least want her to remain successful because of the amount of money she's generating for every party. 

• Like 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Popboi.

• The Music Industry

• BrandNewBrandon

• Jude

Why Arianators are getting brave as if Taylor is not the biggest artist today?

No, her second single will be blocked by herself during her album bomb (ala Lavender Haze)

I say this as massive fan of her, I can not comprehend the current chokehold she has on the music industry. It's giving Adele 2011-2012 vibes, except she's the furthest thing from a new artist and continues to peak higher and higher.

Whether you like her or not, her success is comparable to Madonna, Michael Jackson, and The Beatles. If she released her music in a manner that favored single peaks over album sales, she'd probably break Katy Perry's record for most #1's on an album.

Yes if she does a normal rollout.

1 hour ago, Genie in a Bottle said:

Whether you like her or not, her success is comparable to Madonna, Michael Jackson, and The Beatles.

success sure, but that's where it ends with the comparisons.  In every other facet, she's basically nothing compared to them. 

• Thumbs Down 3

ariana has two #1's but this whole album feels like such a non event... :skull:

just proves the irrelevance of songs hitting #1 these past few years... especially if it's on debut

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dante said:

ariana has two #1's but this whole album feels like such a non event... :skull:

just proves the irrelevance of songs hitting #1 these past few years... especially if it's on debut

I have to agree Yes and came and went and so has the other song, were just waiting for the next song by another artist to be released and the same on.

Edited by Sweetness
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

I have to agree Yes and and come and went and so has the other song, were just waiting for he next song by another artist to be released and the same on.

tumblr_nijarwMTsX1rnigreo3_400.gif

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:10 AM, The Music Industry said:

She quite literally occupied the entire top 10 of the Hot 100 with her last studio album, and still would've occupied the entire top 10 with zero airplay. Like.. Are you ok? Do you seriously think you ate? :priceless:

This is true, which is why I don't get why Swifties haven't figured out yet that if they stagger their support over multiple weeks they literally could have 6+ #1s from a Taylor album with ease. As you already pointed out her only competition during release weeks is herself, often blocking herself multiple times thereover. If y'all were a little more organised (Poets has been announced for MONTHS, absolutely no reason why y'all couldn't have come up with a plan if you cared enough to) you could literally mass stream a new track each week and who could stop you? But Swifties are too focused on putting all of their eggs in the one basket and having a huge debut which is pointless bc Taylor already has a lot of those and she's never touching 25's debut numbers regardless. Taylor snatching Michael/Katy's record would be monumental tho. Maybe y'all can try this on the next one? :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.