• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ampersand13

• Hurem

• Josh

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, kyris89 said:

So she basically confirmed that she's not dying at the end of that first video. She's a fan favorite and she says noone is gonna be disappointed

Thank god. Imagine bringing her back just to kill her. Her role can’t be that big though, since most of the cast are already in Canada filming and she’s still in LA doing interviews. 

17 hours ago, okgo said:

I’m really feeling the Kirby hype lately for some reason. It feels the franchise finally has a new direction after the disaster that was Scream 4.

Still not the biggest fan of Kirby but I can see her and Mindy having some nice scenes together both having sass and being a little geeky. 
I would love for them having a chase scene together. 

also this one actually needs some chases like Courtney in the second one or even Sarah. 

the missing chases were the only thing that really disappointed me in the 5th one 

19 hours ago, QueenBLadyG said:

WAAAAY too many white cast members. 

It annoys me...to be honest.

6 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’m really feeling the Kirby hype lately for some reason. It feels the franchise finally has a new direction after the disaster that was Scream 4.

Scream 4 a disaster? Lol

TheOnlyOne
19 hours ago, QueenBLadyG said:

WAAAAY too many white cast members. 

And it's especially bothersome when the majority of this fanbase doesn't want them to kill off any of Sidney, Gale, and now Kirby aka the 3 white women. We've only had 4 POC survivors in 5 entire movies (not counting Joel who was a side character at best) and that's who most of the fanbase wants killed in 6. It's not lost on me either than the 2 black characters we have are as light as can be. And I don't wanna hear from that other poster about you or anyone being 'too sensitive' these days when Scream was making commentary on RACE in horror movies way back in 1997 for Scream 2. 

I liked Kirby but am absolutely NOT here for them replacing Mindy's archetype for a blonde white girl. One of the survivors from 5 should die (ideally Chad) and one of the returning characters from before should as well (ideally Kirby over Gale for sure).

Mindy, Sam, & Tara teaming up with Sidney for the finale in 7 >>>>

TheOnlyOne
3 minutes ago, kyris89 said:

Scream 4 a disaster? Lol

What else would you call a movie that bombed at the box office, failed to create a new trilogy like planned, and killed the entire franchise for a decade?

25 minutes ago, kyris89 said:

Scream 4 a disaster? Lol

Lowest metacritic score of the franchise and lowest box office of the franchise? Pretty much. 

2 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

And it's especially bothersome when the majority of this fanbase doesn't want them to kill off any of Sidney, Gale, and now Kirby aka the 3 white women. We've only had 4 POC survivors in 5 entire movies (not counting Joel who was a side character at best) and that's who most of the fanbase wants killed in 6. It's not lost on me either than the 2 black characters we have are as light as can be. And I don't wanna hear from that other poster about you or anyone being 'too sensitive' these days when Scream was making commentary on RACE in horror movies way back in 1997 for Scream 2. 

I liked Kirby but am absolutely NOT here for them replacing Mindy's archetype for a blonde white girl. One of the survivors from 5 should die (ideally Chad) and one of the returning characters from before should as well (ideally Kirby over Gale for sure).

I agree with everything you’re saying apart from them replacing Mindy with Kirby when Mindy was already a de facto Kirby stand in just way more bland and it had nothing to do with her skin colour or the absolutely amazing actress that played her, but was a fault with the writing. 

In a fair world race wouldn’t come into it, but I agree with you all. It’s not the 90s anymore and it’s time to start giving black/Spanish/Asian people etc etc etc proper representation rather than just the token side character roles. Scream 6 can have both Mindy AND Kirby without us feeling the need to drag either one of them down. Both actresses are the best of their respective films and seeing a scene with both would be amazing. 

8 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

In a fair world race wouldn’t come into it, but I agree with you all. It’s not the 90s anymore and it’s time to start giving black/Spanish/Asian people etc etc etc proper representation rather than just the token side character roles. Scream 6 can have both Mindy AND Kirby without us feeling the need to drag either one of them down. Both actresses are the best of their respective films and seeing a scene with both would be amazing. 

"it's time to start...." ?! Gurl are we living in the same multiverse? It's not 2002 anymore, you have every show out there with black people, asians, gays.....even the cartoons have a lot more black characters these days, I noticed it while watching them with my nephews. I don't understand the need to complain about this with EVERY single movie :rip: Maybe they did a casting and these happen to be the best actors. Are they supposed to cast a less worthy actor only because of his skin color? :doc:

Edited by Hot Volcano

TheOnlyOne
12 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

I agree with everything you’re saying apart from them replacing Mindy with Kirby when Mindy was already a de facto Kirby stand in just way more bland and it had nothing to do with her skin colour or the absolutely amazing actress that played her, but was a fault with the writing. 

Mindy was not a de facto Kirby stand in, BOTH of them were de facto Randy stand ins.

And only one of them is actually related to Randy, thus the original story. Only one of them has connections to the majority of the cast. Only one of them is the first black and first queer survivor. And only one of them isn't a character from a flop movie. 

Mindy > Kirby in every way imaginable

3 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

What else would you call a movie that bombed at the box office, failed to create a new trilogy like planned, and killed the entire franchise for a decade?

Wrong timing. Or maybe it just didn't have a Ghostface people would bottom for.

7 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

"it's time to start...." ?! Gurl are we living in the same multiverse? It's not 2002 anymore, you have every show out there with black people, asians, gays.....even the cartoons have a lot more black characters these days, I noticed it while watching them with my nephews. I don't understand the need to complain about this with EVERY single movie :rip: Maybe they did a casting and these happen to be the best actors. Are they supposed to cast a less worthy actor only because of his skin color? :doc:

The problem is tokenism. It’s very rare that a major franchise like Scream or Halloween will do a big refresh and cast a black girl. We got Melissa who is Hispanic, but she could pass as white. We get black people in these films, but very rarely are they the lead and that’s the issue. It should be an even playing field for a black actress and a white actress at an audition, but it’s not. 

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Mindy was not a de facto Kirby stand in, BOTH of them were de facto Randy stand ins.

And only one of them is actually related to Randy, thus the original story. Only one of them has connections to the majority of the cast. Only one of them is the first black and first queer survivor. And only one of them isn't a character from a flop movie. 

Mindy > Kirby in every way imaginable

Only one of them was given a good script to work with. I promise you Mindy would not have had the same push behind her over a decade later by the fans that Kirby has had because she’s a weak character who is literally just ‘Randys gay niece who likes horror movies’. Kirby didn’t have a whole lot more substance after the S4 rewrite, but the script was just much better. 

3 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Wrong timing. Or maybe it just didn't have a Ghostface people would bottom for.

It was because in 2011 everything was found footage demon ****. Nobody wanted to watch slashers at the time and there weren’t many horror movies doing over 100m outside of paranormal activity in the first place. 

1 minute ago, ConceptD said:

Only one of them was given a good script to work with. I promise you Mindy would not have had the same push behind her over a decade later by the fans that Kirby has had because she’s a weak character who is literally just ‘Randys gay niece who likes horror movies’. Kirby didn’t have a whole lot more substance after the S4 rewrite, but the script was just much better. 

Agreed. Kirby was much smarter and much better written although considering the writers from 5 are writing the next one, she will just be another stereotype in 6. Mindy had no character other than reciting the "rules" and some bad one liners.

1 minute ago, ConceptD said:

It was because in 2011 everything was found footage demon ****. Nobody wanted to watch slashers at the time and there weren’t many horror movies doing over 100m outside of paranormal activity in the first place. 

Everything 90s has come back in the last decade and slasher reboots are in. Scream 4 is a much better movie than 5 but too much time had passed after 3 and the initial hype died down and it wasn't long enough for nostalgia to kick in.

Are the twins from the recent movie coming back?

TheOnlyOne

"Kirby was much smarter" 

Please remind yourselves that Kirby was an IDIOT who claimed to be a Stab fanatic yet thought she won in a trivia game with Ghostface. No smart person, who is a horror nerd, walks out that garage like GF wouldn't just be out there waiting to stab her. 

At least Mindy was just a lazy stoner watching her favorite movie, not a fraudulent horror stan who got tricked and thought she was playing a fair game with a masked serial killer :rip:

3 hours ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Ok relax

44 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

"Kirby was much smarter" 

Please remind yourselves that Kirby was an IDIOT who claimed to be a Stab fanatic yet thought she won in a trivia game with Ghostface. No smart person, who is a horror nerd, walks out that garage like GF wouldn't just be out there waiting to stab her. 

At least Mindy was just a lazy stoner watching her favorite movie, not a fraudulent horror stan who got tricked and thought she was playing a fair game with a masked serial killer :rip:

Because they didn’t even give Mindy a set piece to play with. They just sat her on the couch and called it a day making her an exact replica of Randy from the first film without any other defining thing about her outside of being black and queer. At least Kirby had a couple of phone calls, a mini chase and was in like 60% of the film. 

1 hour ago, JonginBey said:

Are the twins from the recent movie coming back?

Yes, all four new survivors are coming back :gaycat2:

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

"Kirby was much smarter" 

can you stop comparing them in every post?? like what even? mindy was SO annoying btw :sistrens:

the only people who are remembered from scream 5 are tara and amber anyway

Edited by Sharapov

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.