Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Burqa said:

lack of climax??? no adlibs??? houdini?!?! :deadbanana: yall have lost it

Houdini might be the only exception but TS final chorus is flat as hell and some FN tracks lack an amazing climax as well

2 minutes ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

Houdini might be the only exception but TS final chorus is flat as hell and some FN tracks lack an amazing climax as well

not every can follow the same structure. DSN, Pretty Please, Love Again, Hallucinate, Physical all have a climax. I agree that TS was a missed opportunity but saying she never serves adlibs feels objectively wrong

Just now, Burqa said:

not every can follow the same structure. DSN, Pretty Please, Love Again, Hallucinate, Physical all have a climax. I agree that TS was a missed opportunity but saying she never serves adlibs feels objectively wrong

If you compare her adlibs to for example Katy's, Ariana's or Taylor's ones they sound flat when they could be much bigger and bold. It's just my opinion. Her songs are amazing tho despite this

1 minute ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

If you compare her adlibs to for example Katy's, Ariana's or Taylor's ones they sound flat when they could be much bigger and bold. It's just my opinion. Her songs are amazing tho despite this

Im not big fan of Kevin Parker production choices, even its seems to be cool to praise him, but his production to me is always based on one or two interesting sounds, like a good bass line or synth and thats all, to me copy and paste chorus 3-4 times without any ad-libs, drumroll, riser or effect to differentiate them and provide climax is just lazy and on TS it is very obvious, basically last chorus is the same as first one, copy and paste, thats why I prefer the structure of live version more.

Despite this I love Houdini and I love TS, both are on repeat daily

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Illusion sounds like a banger omfg..

Just now, Solaria said:

Who is that?

20 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Im not big fan of Kevin Parker production choices, even its seems to be cool to praise him, but his production to me is always based on one or two interesting sounds, like a good bass line or synth and thats all, to me copy and paste chorus 3-4 times without any ad-libs, drumroll, riser or effect to differentiate them and provide climax is just lazy and on TS it is very obvious, basically last chorus is the same as first one, copy and paste, thats why I prefer the structure of live version more.

Despite this I love Houdini and I love TS, both are on repeat daily

This. He doesn't know how to do pop music , pop should be progressive , the song needs to evolve and maintain excitement till the end 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Solaria said:

I can hear oontz oontz oh we're so back :jonny6:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Who is that?

Chris Olsen, tiktoker and Meghan Trainor's p̶e̶t̶ social media manager

1 hour ago, MaxMartin said:

This. He doesn't know how to do pop music , pop should be progressive , the song needs to evolve and maintain excitement till the end 

I mean, isn't Houdini exactly that?

I agree they kinda ****** up with TS, the final chorus definitely needed to be bigger. You can easily notice the difference between the first and the second, but then the final one is flat. But as a whole the song keeps growing and adding elements during its progression

The only thing about Training Season that bothers me a little is that the piano in outro is too monotone when it went like an octave higher during the bridge. 

1 hour ago, glitch said:

Chris Olsen, tiktoker and Meghan Trainor's p̶e̶t̶ social media manager

Disgusted Paris Hilton GIF

That guy is listening to Illusion, I can hear those "Whatcha doing?" lines that are in the official lyrics! 

It's coming, indeed!!!

5 minutes ago, Sexual_Gold said:

That guy is listening to Illusion, I can hear those "Whatcha doing?" lines that are in the official lyrics! 

It's coming, indeed!!!

Yeah hopefully announcement, with cover art and probably snippet tomorrow and then single next Thursday midnight as previous singles

47 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

I mean, isn't Houdini exactly that?

I agree they kinda ****** up with TS, the final chorus definitely needed to be bigger. You can easily notice the difference between the first and the second, but then the final one is flat. But as a whole the song keeps growing and adding elements during its progression

The third Houdini chorus (the one before the bridge) is an exact copy of the first 2, the only excitement comes with the bridge 

3 hours ago, Burqa said:

lack of climax??? no adlibs??? houdini?!?! :deadbanana: yall have lost it

I never said climax. But yes, she rarely does adlibs in final chorus - a few (very quiet) "ooohs" in the background of Houdini don't change that fact lol

2 hours ago, Burqa said:

As others already said, listen to Taylor's and Katy's final choruses with max martin songs. Do you not know what I mean? Lol

In general, she needs to push herself more, vocally. Almost Every song of hers is so boring vocally and super easy to sing. Which is fine, but after a while it's gotten very unimpressive and almost lazy. I hope she gives more on RO! :alexz:

2 hours ago, mike_int said:

Who is that?

Megan Trainor's gay friend 

3 minutes ago, MaxMartin said:

The third Houdini chorus (the one before the bridge) is an exact copy of the first 2, the only excitement comes with the bridge 

Not in the superior extended version!

I didn't mind Training Season's ending until I heard the London Sessions version which has the perfect climax to the song :gaycat6:

Houdini is perfect as is.

Global Spotify

#32 (+9) Training Season / 2.414M (+243k)

#34 (+11) Houdini / 2.387M (+239k)

we love her again!

• Like 5

If Pop radio embraces Illusion it could easily be the biggest hit of this era me thinks

The way Pop Crave is stanninh this era :rip:

They always report the smallest news on any Dua single/album activity 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mike_int said:

Dua Lipa's company Radical22 signs global admin deal with Warner Chappell Music

Radical22, Dua Lipa's recently launched independent media and management company, has signed a global publishing administration deal with Warner Chappell Music.

Hailed as a "one-of-a-kind, bespoke agreement", the deal was arranged between Lipa's manager and fellow Radical22 co-founder Dukagjin (Dugi) Lipa and Warner Chappell Music CEO Guy Moot. 

An official press release states that, among the first of Radical22's production projects, will be the recently announced Disney+ upcoming documentary series Camden. Produced by Lightbox in association with Day One Pictures and Radical22, in which Dua and Dugi both serve as executive producers, the series "tells the story of how one small corner of North London shaped the lives and careers of many of today's most iconic music acts. Dua also appears on camera to share her own story.”

https://www.musicweek.com/publishing/read/dua-lipa-s-company-radical22-signs-global-admin-deal-with-warner-chappell-music/089537

The way Warner will have both her recording and publishing represent under the same company :clap3:

I wonder what could be the concept of the video shot in Barcelona at "slow" pool

There is not that much options what to do there. "Slow" basically made the best out of it

Edited by mike_int

1 moth :party:

The singles are rising 

Houdini could avoid being recurrent hot 100 this week :eek:

Training Season Top. 15 at Pop radio :clap3:

Maybe the album release will do wonders for the singles and give them another huge push, unless theyre focusing on a new one then

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.