Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Illusion rising at pop Radio :party:

11. obsessed: 8801 (+89) | 20.762 (+0.011) 

12. Too Sweet: 8574 (+159) | 22.067 (+0.381) 

13. Espresso: 8030 (+218) | 21.898 (+0.482) 

14. Illusion: 6145 (+74) | 14.174 (+0.134) 

15 (+1) End of Beginning: 5659 (+3) | 12.516 (+0.009) 

16 (-1) Everybody: 5527 (-300) | 13.301 (-0.954) 

17. Save Me: 4899 (+4) | 9.267 (-0.013) 

18. II MOST WANTED: 4374 (+59) | 8.646 (+0.044) 

• Like 2

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, kayliah said:
Warner Records will have important meetings with Dua Lipa in the coming days. The management asks for an effective change of sound for their next project and they plan to agree on what is related to the promotion that RO will have, its deluxe and whether a tour is logical or not.

Warner Records is not happy with the performance that Dua Lipa has been having with the singles from the third album, so the promotion budget has been considerably reduced. The support of her fans will be decisive.  @insider_nostra1

Lying Simon Rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

My current ranking is this :gayalipacat3:

1. Houdini
  2. French Exit
  3. Falling Forever
  4. End Of An Era
  5. Happy For You
  6. Training Season
  7. Anything For Love
  8. Illusion
  9. These Walls
  10. Maria
  11. Whatcha Doing

13 hours ago, mike_int said:

Screenshot-2024-05-15-082230.jpg

Radical, honey, they could never make me think you're a flop!!:ryan3:

• Like 5

French Exit SOTY when you think about it

dance-stan.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kayliah said:
Warner Records will have important meetings with Dua Lipa in the coming days. The management asks for an effective change of sound for their next project and they plan to agree on what is related to the promotion that RO will have, its deluxe and whether a tour is logical or not.

Warner Records is not happy with the performance that Dua Lipa has been having with the singles from the third album, so the promotion budget has been considerably reduced. The support of her fans will be decisive.  @insider_nostra1

That user has been CHRONICALLY incorrect. They only post when it's already an AFTER public knowledge or just completely make something up. There are multiple times they'd delete their tweets pretending they never said anything. Whoever is running the page is an embarrassment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kayliah said:

lol

On 5/10/2024 at 1:07 PM, Nefertiti0 said:

Radical Optimism is a more complete album than the previous two in the way it came together. It happened very naturally, when the environment was right, it came together quite quickly. In terms of the record reflecting her and where she's at personally, it does that more than the previous ones have. It's a lot more her in terms of personality.

Obviously we want massive records, but the first thing isn't asking, 'Could Dua  possibly have commercial success with this record? Is this a hit?' It's, 'Does this feel different?' We often talk about the kind of reaction we want when people first listen to a Dua record. And it's to be a little bit off balance when you first hear it and wonder what she's done or how she's done it. It shouldn't just be a straightforward, 'Oh, that's a banger,' it shouldn't just be a straightforward listen, it should be pushing things somewhere. I'm glad if people hear it and they think this is a little bit unexpected or a bit different from her peers because there's a lot of really different and great music coming out, especially from her female contemporaries at the moment. So I think that approach will steer her well. The record is a really deep one with lots of singles, so we're set up for long term success, the records always have a really long burn time and that speaks to the fact that they're very interesting, complex records that give more the more you listen to them. That is something deliberate in our music making."

i mean the cat is a troll idk why you're even wasting time on that thing...

• Thanks 2

I blame Dukagjin. 
he is sabotaging her career cuz he never became a famous singer

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Illusion rising at pop Radio :party:

11. obsessed: 8801 (+89) | 20.762 (+0.011) 

12. Too Sweet: 8574 (+159) | 22.067 (+0.381) 

13. Espresso: 8030 (+218) | 21.898 (+0.482) 

14. Illusion: 6145 (+74) | 14.174 (+0.134) 

15 (+1) End of Beginning: 5659 (+3) | 12.516 (+0.009) 

16 (-1) Everybody: 5527 (-300) | 13.301 (-0.954) 

17. Save Me: 4899 (+4) | 9.267 (-0.013) 

18. II MOST WANTED: 4374 (+59) | 8.646 (+0.044) 

i thought this was the Tinashe thread and i was gonna so GO GIRL. :rip:

Good for Dua i guess.

• Thumbs Down 1

9 hours ago, halcyonday said:

Houdini about to drop off the top 200. Maybe I won in the end.

moo.png

The autoplay giveth, and the autoplay taketh away. 

3 hours ago, kayliah said:

If your account wasn't so old I would think you were that QueenOfCopyPaste user who would always run in here with stolen/fake tea to drag Dua

Radical Optimism surpass 800 million at Spotify :gayalipacat2:

Total = 804,991,896

:clap3:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, halcyonday said:

i mean the cat is a troll idk why you're even wasting time on that thing...

Are u accusing me of beibg a troll when i was a fan of dua when be the one was the first song dua released and when she was an indie artist and on the rise before there was even an album ... i know dua way earlier than 99 percent of u people. 

20 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Are u accusing me of beibg a troll when i was a fan of dua when be the one was the first song dua released and when she was an indie artist and on the rise before there was even an album ... i know dua way earlier than 99 percent of u people. 

Actually, "New Love" was the first song that Dua released back in 2015, so... try again. :angel:

• Like 2

Taylor album release really ruined all 3 single's streams. Would've been better had they released the album in Early March, when Houdini and TS were doing 3M. Could've easily done 5M on release day but here we are….:coffee2:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kayliah said:

mean-girls-shut-up.gif

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, NostalgiawithDua said:

Taylor album release really ruined all 3 single's streams. Would've been better had they released the album in Early March, when Houdini and TS were doing 3M. Could've easily done 5M on release day but here we are….:coffee2:

I was daydreaming and wishful thinking recently and hear me out. But, I really think it could've worked if it came out April 12th.

Imagine if Dua was a headliner for Coachella this year and came out SWINGING with the performance she would've done that weekend (and the weekend after). The music video for Illusion would've also came out on the 12th and spammed everywhere, virtually on every playlist possible. There'd be insane word-of-mouth from the audience who were there at Coachella in person AND those who were watching the live stream at home. Then Dua could've used the May 3rd SNL promo slot to ensure that the album had a bit of longevity after the Taylor bomb.

Ugh, the way it feels like sometimes the fans would've made sure to manage her career better than this messy era her father has given her.

EDIT: Not that I think this plan would've saved the era completely, but I think it would've definitely sparked much more interest from the GP than what has transpired. One thing I know, this would've definitely helped Illusion peak inside the Top 40, that's for sure. :dies:

EDIT 2: Wait…would she have been able to headline Glastonbury if she also headlined for Coachella? If yes, I remain in belief of my aforementioned plan. If not, then that definitely changes things. But I stand by what I said about us fans knowing what could've helped manage this era better. 

Edited by Crank_It_Up

Posted (edited)

That Nostradamus account on Twitter is so annoying, and literally half of their tweets sound like fanfiction or seizures :rip:

Edited by RadioactiveLights

The way I blocked that Nostradamus account ages ago :gayalipacat3:

4 hours ago, kayliah said:

Such a big fan you dont know the first official single was actuality "New Love"

Maybe dont come here spreading false information and trolling like you did before and people wont question you.

Real Housewives Nene Leaks GIF by Slice

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kayliah said:

you don't KNOW Dua at all. Gurl touch grass.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kayliah said:

Stop existing 

she better not cancel those 4 amphitheater shows planned for next month cause I've spent like 500 euros already on tickets, plane and accommodation

5 hours ago, Crank_It_Up said:

I was daydreaming and wishful thinking recently and hear me out. But, I really think it could've worked if it came out April 12th.

Imagine if Dua was a headliner for Coachella this year and came out SWINGING with the performance she would've done that weekend (and the weekend after). The music video for Illusion would've also came out on the 12th and spammed everywhere, virtually on every playlist possible. There'd be insane word-of-mouth from the audience who were there at Coachella in person AND those who were watching the live stream at home. Then Dua could've used the May 3rd SNL promo slot to ensure that the album had a bit of longevity after the Taylor bomb.

Ugh, the way it feels like sometimes the fans would've made sure to manage her career better than this messy era her father has given her.

EDIT: Not that I think this plan would've saved the era completely, but I think it would've definitely sparked much more interest from the GP than what has transpired. One thing I know, this would've definitely helped Illusion peak inside the Top 40, that's for sure. :dies:

EDIT 2: Wait…would she have been able to headline Glastonbury if she also headlined for Coachella? If yes, I remain in belief of my aforementioned plan. If not, then that definitely changes things. But I stand by what I said about us fans knowing what could've helped manage this era better. 

Was never happening.  Coachella would've meant reworking all the choreo etc again to freshen it for Glastonbury ( or just repeating it, which would've created all kinds of accusations of "just rehashing" for Glastonbury). So it was either Coachella or Glastonbury.

It's totally clear, she regards Glastonbury as a career pinnacle, and in my view, it was always going to win out. Not even a contest to be honest.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.