Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

Anyone else canèt see her face in the album artwork or is it just mÉ 

Maybe I need glasses tbh but I used a detective magnifying glass and couldnt see her facial features AT ALL but I still LOVE the cover 

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Norte said:

On my first listen I think the album is ok/fine, they choose the right singles (Houdini, TS and Illusion) and These Walls is a bop, for the other songs, let's see what I feel about the after 3 listens

This is a great start!! :duca:

After your 3rd listen let us know which other album tracks you are feeling! 

• Like 1

This guys reviews the album. He provides great insight. I would highly recommend! I just finished watching. It makes me love the album even more tbh. 

oh she ATE that lil thing (happy for you)

27 minutes ago, SayIt said:

:date2: Thank you 

I am getting behind you. 

I just hope Dua does not get discouraged. You can tell she really put her heart into creating this album. And she is impacting some many people's life in a positive way. 

It means a lot to me! 

The sweetest member here tbh. :hug: 

48 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Coming for Tin Foil certification...yes I agree! IMG_0226.gif?ex=663611ca&is=6634c04a&hm=

I love u sis :heart2: You are one of the most positive people I have ever seen lol. so polite too :hug: 

We better see this reaction to EVERY pop girl's panned album going forward. @SayIt:ryan3:

• Like 1

This album flopping has no bearing on how good it is. I am really enjoying it and getting to know each of these songs. That whimsy in "End of an Era"! The intriguing production and melodies during the verses of "French Exit"! The pathos of "Happy for You"! Didn't realise she could make me feel that way, "Can They Hear Us" aside. 

The numbers will be what the numbers will be. I'm grateful to have this album.

• Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Dua will smash in Europe/Asutralia/NZ like she always does and might get a hit in South America as well. Shes global like that.

Dont get discouraged by the US who clearly needs to distribute hearing aids.

This album is not going #1 in Oceania

Maria , Happy For You , Houdini , Illusion , Whatcha Doin , French Exit , and These Walls received hearts from me.

46 minutes ago, LCTV said:

MARIA ! *flute flute flute fluteflute*

A CAREER HIGHLIGHT :party: 

• Like 3

Perfect album

• Thanks 1

I'm still loving this album. I haven't been able to overplay one song because I keep getting pulled back to different ones. I really think it's a perfect follow up to FN. Different without being alienating. 

For the next album, I would love to see her pull an I'm Not Dead and just come back swinging. Say **** the critics and give full cvnt. She'll always have the gays and they'll like that at least. Plus, it'll give her some narrative to work with this time to help the "faceless" claims.

• Thanks 2

After like ten full listenings, this is perfect :jonnycat:

how you can hear this and not feel anything, it's feels like a journey to me so sexy, romantic, vulnerable and happy at the same time :flame:

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Every time Whatcha Doing starts I'm immediately sucked back in. I have no idea why they sat on this. Sure it's a little FN coded but it's ear worm incarnate. It also represents the album pretty well without being too slow like some of the other album tracks. 

Honestly if Ariana releases The Boy Is Mine and it smashes, it will be such an egg on the face of Dua's team because it reminds me of that song so much in the best way. 

Edited by Relampago.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

This album flopping has no bearing on how good it is. I am really enjoying it and getting to know each of these songs. That whimsy in "End of an Era"! The intriguing production and melodies during the verses of "French Exit"! The pathos of "Happy for You"! Didn't realise she could make me feel that way, "Can They Hear Us" aside. 

The numbers will be what the numbers will be. I'm grateful to have this album.

Your positive outlook is so inspiring. I like the specifics you point out for a few of the album tracks nice take! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Naikuun said:

After like ten full listenings, this is perfect :jonnycat:

how you can hear this and not feel anything, it's feels like a journey to me so sexy, romantic, vulnerable and happy at the same time :flame:

Yes!!!! 10 full listening :alexz:it is a grower you guys :duca:

Sexy, romantic, vulnerable and happy :alexz:Dua can do it all and make it look effortless.

• Like 1

Here are some highlights and definite positives coming out of this album:

1.) She has improved vocally, quite a bit at that. Falling Forever is crazy compare to what she was doing before.

2.) She proved she doesn't need the disco trope, she's capable of stepping outside of that. 

3.) She's getting better at expressing vulnerability, and her music is sounding much more mature than before. 

4.) She is getting better at choosing songs, there are no huge bombs and out of place tracks on this like GIB/BWBB.

5.) She was able to incorporate live instruments into the songs well.

6.) She's a much better performer than she was even in the FN era.

There's actually a substantial improvement across the board here and a lot to commend her on growth-wise. It's all getting lost in the underperformance and mess right now, but once people look back on this album I think they'll appreciate it much more. FN's impact is just too strong and tainting a lot of opinions right now. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

While listening to the album more, I wondered if there's a way to shuffle up the tracklist to pull a reverse Confessions on a Dance Floor. On Confessions, the idea was the album starts light and fun with general songs about subjects that everyone can connect with, and as the album goes along, the songs get darker and more personal and more specific about Madonna.

If RO started with Houdini and ended with Happy For You, she could have pulled the opposite. Start the album with the darker, post-breakup song about finding joy in whoring yourself out and keeping your emotions out of encounters, and then the album gets lighter and lighter and finally ends with Happy For You where she's full on confronting her complicated feelings about her ex and being at peace with it.

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Girl where

sounds fanmade for me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

This album is not going #1 in Oceania

Not reaching #1 doesn't mean someone isn't succesful. Especially for the long run.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

According to Kworb site currently #6

That's good for only charting one song 

The album is definitely more mature than her previous efforts. I can see why it's not clicking.

As a body of work this is, in my opinion, better than FN. But FN had those oomphs and "wows" on songs. This doesn't have a 'Physical' that is instant popgasm but it's a really really good album as a whole and without those fillers like FIB and BWBB.

And no, it doesn't sound like a FN 2.0 :rip: Most of the songs are kinda closer to DL1 more than anything.

I can hear the psychedelic bits and pieces thrown throughout the album. Dua might have oversold it though. Houdini really misinterpreted the album's direction (love the song tho and I think is one of her bests).

But I love the album! So fresh and this will be in my summer playlist.

• Like 4

Remember everyone, when the streaming numbers come out in the morning, ask yourself "what would @SayIt do?" :bird:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

sounds fanmade for me 

Impossible, we would have had insider info way before than now. Also, a whole new mv and not any clue?

3 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

That's good for only charting one song 

2 songs actually :party:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.