Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

So far this sounds something like you'd put on at a grill party for a nice, inoffensive background music. It just fails to catch the attention itself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

its a lot of noise.

Edited by kayliah
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

First listen highlights: 

- Falling Forever: easily the best :jonny:

- Happy for you

- End of an era 

Solid album, production is great! I just wish it was longer (ended too fast tbh) 

1 minute ago, kayliah said:

its a lot of noise i dont give a f**k about the commercial performance, its no eternal sunshine where the album was AOTY worthy on immediate listen. Good luck to dua.  A very nice girl. 

its a lot of noise i dont give a f**k about the commercial performance, its no eternal sunshine where the album was AOTY worthy on immediate listen. Good luck to dua.  A very nice girl. 

These Walls is better than anything on eternal sunshine except for maybe 3 songs.

5 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

it stars drums and guitars and is probably THE song that showcases that an actual band is playing the instrumental. that is a crime for the pop stans who demand synths, midi instruments in dance floor anthems.

those with taste will recognize its greatness.

Very well put. I  think most pop stans ran in here expecting straight up radio pop songs that are instant hits ( much like her earlier albums/hits). While this bitcj served a mature , progressive pop album. 

French exit is one the best pop songs produced and one of her best songs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, djcalpal said:

As a whole this album actually reminds me more of Debut than Future Nostalgia. 

I love DL1 this makes me excited! 

• Like 1

This is such an amazing album wow, I truly love each single song :clap3: Faves are Maria, Falling Forever and French Exit :heart: I knew Ms Dua had it on her.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Simple said:

First listen highlights: 

- Falling Forever: easily the best :jonny:

- Happy for you

- End of an era 

Solid album, production is great! I just wish it was longer (ended too fast tbh) 

The end of Fallnig Forever is sooo annoying it feels like the song will have another chorus or a key change but just ends suddenly 

Knowing that Illusion is the first song to be written for this album, now it all makes sense to me

It felt very FN-transition type of song, it's like she was just warming up in the studio before going into full new era mode :celestial5:

1 minute ago, selena_lavigne said:

These Walls is better than anything on eternal sunshine except for maybe 3 songs.

Nope Supernatural, eternal sunshine, The boy is mine etc... i count 8 songs out of 11 songs... so yeah eternal sunshine was eargasm on first listen. There was no you have to listen to it it will grow on you like TTPD. This one is noisy, melodies dont make much sense, its like vapid and overproduced and empty devoid of personality.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

vapid and overproduced and empty devoid of personality.

Not you stanning Eternal Midshine and then following it up by describing it

Go back to Ariana's Max Martin'd easy bake oven pop 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

Not you stanning Eternal Midshine and then following it up by describing it

Go back to Ariana's Max Martin'd easy bake oven pop 

Gladly.

• Thumbs Down 2

Just ignore... that user is from a certain fanbase who is mad because his girl's new playlist was dragged left and right. Hating another pop girl won't change the reception of that mediocre playlist, move on. :duck:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Everyone has a different favorite song, which is an amazing  sign. I can't wait 12 more hours :duck:

I feel like a lot of the GP perception to the album could have been completely different if she sold the album differently.

Not that psychedelic, rave, etc. music didn't inspire her. I assume Dua just listened a lot of those kinds of songs while writing, which helped her set a mood/vibe aka "inspired" and "influenced" her. But what everyone understood it as is the album WILL be psychedelia, rave, etc.

She should have said: the album is 90s/00s europop based, and is lyrically about finding peace amidst chaos and she feels most at peace in the summer on the beach, so she wanted to make an album that had those vibes aesthetically and sonically. Then expectations would be more in check!

• Like 1

This album is for the girls who searched the UK top 40 chart from the early 2000s to find new music to listen to

Like, These Walls sounds very much like something Emma Bunton would sing on her debut album

wind.gif?ex=6634c4ab&is=6633732b&hm=2dda

Wow... it looks like most of u flew to New Zealand :huh:

DBSaqca.gif

• Haha 2

Subconsciously she's tried to recreate FN.

EOAE tries hard to be the FN (title track) of RO.
Houdini is the DSN.
Training Season is the Physical.
Whatcha doing is the Levitating.
French Exit is the Pretty Please.
Illusion is the Hallucinate.
AFL is the GIB/BWBB
Falling Forever and Maria are the Love Again.

• Confused 2

I just DON'T get why she refuses to do key changes or additional vocals or lets the songs' instrumentals breathe; everything is waaaay too rushed and while all very good, there's usually no payoff or climax with anything. With a few exceptions of course. 

Overall very solid, but a lot more this time (vs. FN) that I would have improved. Maybe it's a personal thing idk

At least there are no duds tho, unlike FN :clap3: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Papi Juancho said:

Everyone has a different favorite song, which is an amazing  sign. I can't wait 12 more hours :duck:

Djdjdjd it's kinda crazy. One second there's a conversation about how a song is clearly filler, and then a page or two later there's a conversation about how that song is an obvious single choice.

12 minutes ago, kayliah said:

Nope Supernatural, eternal sunshine, The boy is mine etc... i count 8 songs out of 11 songs... so yeah eternal sunshine was eargasm on first listen. There was no you have to listen to it it will grow on you like TTPD. This one is noisy, melodies dont make much sense, its like vapid and overproduced and empty devoid of personality.

Oh you stan the sleepy albums this year I see

Haters really don't know how to have fun!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, kayliah said:

I recommend consulting the dictionary to looking up the definition for the word overproduced. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to not use words you don't know the definition of. Wishing you luck on your journey. :bird:

Edited by Gladiator
  • Thumbs Down 1

spacer.png

Me every time I remember French Exit exists 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I just DON'T get why she refuses to do key changes or additional vocals or lets the songs' instrumentals breathe; everything is waaaay too rushed and while all very good, there's usually no payoff or climax with anything. With a few exceptions of course. 

I would rather her stay away from key changes (I have PTSD from Ava Max's latest single)

4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Oh you stan the sleepy albums this year I see

Haters really don't know how to have fun!

I remember reading so many comments dragging Ariana's album because it was slow and it all seemed like the same song. Later, it seemed that everyone liked it. They changed their minds. lol

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.