Mi Gente Emergency: This is Me...Now departs Billboard 200 after one week

suburbannature

35 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

OP is ******* obsessed :skull: Caution lasted 3 weeks 6 years ago. You're pretty much setting Mariah up to be dragged when she releases her next album with all those JLo hate threads. Be smart!

Caution:

#5 on Billboard 200

#1 RnB/Hip-Hop Albums

#1 RnB Albums

but yeah the new album will need a lot of push we know it

• Thanks 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• Stankonia

• Yes, AND

• stevyy

She released a solid album of quality music and that is all that matters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So which one did better? The tour or the album?

At least she outsold Xtina:rip:

Mi Gente Emergency

5dc04ce00c33a000081b8649-Image-from-i-OS

• Haha 1

Thank you Lambily for keeping tabs on J-Lo for us users :suburban:

Mocking J.Lo charts stats and flops was maybe "entertaining" 10 years ago, now it's just dull and pathetic.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, DemDam92 said:

Caution:

#5 on Billboard 200

#1 RnB/Hip-Hop Albums

#1 RnB Albums

but yeah the new album will need a lot of push we know it

With the benefit of merch bundles and tour bundles. 

JLO hit no 1 on the sales chart. Do we know where it landed in week 2 on that ?

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

Mocking J.Lo charts stats and flops was maybe "entertaining" 10 years ago, now it's just dull and pathetic.

See you in the next Katy Perry thread 

:suburban:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, Stankonia said:

OP is ******* obsessed :skull: Caution lasted 3 weeks 6 years ago. You're pretty much setting Mariah up to be dragged when she releases her next album with all those JLo hate threads. Be smart!

OT: Sad because the album is good and you can tell she worked hard on the whole project despite being well aware that there was not a lot of demand for a new JLo album; which made me respect her even more than I already did. We LOVE a legacy artist who is still dedicated to her music career. I wish some of my faves still had JLo's drive.

At least the movie and the documentary are hits and I'm sure the tour will do well too! A lot of MPGs from her era wished they had a successful acting career to fall back on when their albums flop so let's not do too much on JLegend  :gaylocat1:

Mariah debuted in 1990 and her top catalogue song was out-streaming JLo's entire album first week. She also has a single album with as many albums sold as JLo's entire music career so you may want to leave her out of it

Caution, her 15th studio album, sold nearly triple JLo's entire album-equivalent units and sales combined. Also more than recent first weeks by the likes of current artists (Ed Sheeran, Doja Cat, etc.). 

• Thumbs Down 3

Not surprised. Nothing against JLo she’s obviously still very successful but she has like no musical fanbase and it’s been that way for a very long time now. :rip:

Not the ATRL banner views exceeding the album sales. :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

Yes, and? She deserves much more but people are not ready for that conversation. The hate train is fully running.

I truly believe the album came way too late, she should have dropped it with the iconic Instagram teaser, or a couple of weeks later. The movie could've come later.

• Like 1

Such a shame because the album is really good. 

14 minutes ago, DuffStan said:

Yes, and? She deserves much more but people are not ready for that conversation. The hate train is fully running.

I truly believe the album came way too late, she should have dropped it with the iconic Instagram teaser, or a couple of weeks later. The movie could've come later.

Agreed.  I don't understand the hate she's getting as of late, tbh.  The album is a fun listen from start to finish.  

The track-list was already finalized as well, so she should have just dropped the album then.  

Is anyone really surprised by this? I think everyone expected this, even JLO herself tbh.

The slayage... 21 betta hide

• Haha 1

She said, "arts not the charts" honey! :ryan3:

17 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Mariah debuted in 1990 and her top catalogue song was out-streaming JLo's entire album first week. She also has a single album with as many albums sold as JLo's entire music career so you may want to leave her out of it

Caution, her 15th studio album, sold nearly triple JLo's entire album-equivalent units and sales combined. Also more than recent first weeks by the likes of current artists (Ed Sheeran, Doja Cat, etc.). 

Not you having a flop off :rip: Caution was OUT of BB200 after 3 weeks, 6 years ago, with tour bundles. Now that those are over how do you think her next album will fare on BB200? Hint: Not much better than TIMN. JLo has her movie endeavours and her tour. Mariah has All I Want for Christmas is You. Why can't you be happy for both legacy artists who are still successful in different ways and whose last flop albums are some of their best and most inspired work?

I'm just saying, setting your fave up like this is not smart and the unwarranted and weird animosity towards JLo is becoming old and pathetic. "I don't know her" was funny 10 years ago now it's just tired and redundant.

And I'm saying this as someone who listens to Mariah a lot more than I do JLo and I hate to have to drag Caution's stats when I have said repeatedly it's a great record and one of her best albums but I'm really starting to despise the way you and other users (not all Mariah stans but the ones that do the most usually are) are always ganging up on JLo and are displaying such lack of self awareness because she is an easy target. It's giving bully. There is not a single valid reason to hate on that woman like that.

Edited by Stankonia
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Stankonia said:

Not you having a flop off :rip: Caution was OUT of BB200 after 3 weeks, 6 years ago, with tour bundles. Now that those are over how do you think her next album will fare on BB200? Hint: Not much better than TIMN. JLo has her movie endeavours and her tour. Mariah has All I Want for Christmas is You. Why can't you be happy for both legacy artists who are still successful in different ways and whose last flop albums are some of their best and most inspired work?

I'm just saying, setting your fave up like this is not smart and the unwarranted and weird animosity towards JLo is becoming old and pathetic. "I don't know her" was funny 10 years ago now it's just tired and redundant.

And I'm saying this as someone who listens to Mariah a lot more than I do JLo and I hate to have to drag Caution's stats when I have said repeatedly it's a great record and one of her best albums but I'm really starting to despise the way you and other users (not all Mariah stans but the ones that do the most usually are) are always ganging up on JLo and are displaying such lack of self awareness because she is an easy target. It's giving bully. There is not a single valid reason to hate on that woman like that.

The meltdown over a typical stan war. :ahh: Not you acting like she only has AIWFCIY when she is pulling almost FIVE times your fave‘s recurrent streams outside of Xmas, just sold out an arena tour and about to do so in Vegas as well, and is nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

go give Janet’s discography its first stream of the month and get off my back, beloved 

Edited by suburbannature
  • Thumbs Down 3

I re-watched Hustlers last night and was reminded how fantastic she was in that. Definitely deserved a BA nomination. Just posting this to break up the Jennifer hate train :heart:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

The meltdown over a typical stan war. :ahh: Not you acting like she only has AIWFCIY when she is pulling almost FIVE times your fave‘s recurrent streams outside of Xmas, just sold out an arena tour and about to do so in Vegas as well, and is nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

go give Janet’s discography its first stream of the month and get off my back, beloved 

The random Janet lashings, grow up :rip:Was I supposed to praise Mariah's streaming stats as if she is some streaming juggernaut or something? :deadbanana4: Her and JLo are in the same boat streaming wise, they are legacy artits with nice reccurent stats and both Caution and TIMN did very badly on streaming, which is sad. And how ironic it is that you're bragging about Mariah's Christmas tour when you were just in that other thread coming for JLo's upcoming tour which is most likely gonna outgross every Mariah tour ever like all JLo tours and when her Vegas stats are pityful compared to JLo's :deadbanana: 

It's not a stan war if only one side has been relentlessly attacking the other side's fave for an insane amount of time and for no reason whatsoever but go off. The way JLegend is on your mind 25/8 can not be healthy sis, it's time to let go and let god :gaynetcat2:

11 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

The random Janet lashings, grow up :rip:Was I supposed to praise Mariah's streaming stats as if she is some streaming juggernaut or something? :deadbanana4: Her and JLo are in the same boat streaming wise, they are legacy artits with nice reccurent stats and both Caution and TIMN did very badly on streaming, which is sad. And how ironic it is that you're bragging about Mariah's Christmas tour when you were just in that other thread coming for JLo's upcoming tour which is most likely gonna outgross every Mariah tour ever like all JLo tours and when her Vegas stats are pityful compared to JLo's :deadbanana: 

It's not a stan war if only one side has been relentlessly attacking the other side's fave for an insane amount of time and for no reason whatsoever but go off. The way JLegend is on your mind 25/8 can not be healthy sis, it's time to let go and let god :gaynetcat2:

Mariah absolutely demolishes JLo in recurrent streams so I’m not sure why you’re lying like that :skull: 

she more than doubled JLo’s streams from Jan-Oct alone. Her top catalogue song was equaling JLo’s new album week ONE. JLo has one song over 400k daily (which accounts for 1/5th of her streams). Mariah has three. 

give it up.

6 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Mariah absolutely demolishes JLo in recurrent streams so I’m not sure why you’re lying like that :skull: 

she more than doubled JLo’s streams from Jan-Oct alone. Her top catalogue song was equaling JLo’s new album week ONE. JLo has one song over 400k daily (which accounts for 1/5th of her streams). Mariah has three. 

give it up.

This obsession you have with JLo is so tiresome

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

give it up.

Where is the lie? :rip: I said they're both legacy artists, which they are, with nice reccurent streaming stats, which they have.

Mariah's total Spotify streams (15 albums, 697 tracks): 9 333 380 112

Jennifer's total Spotify streams (9 albums, 297 tracks): 6 489 776 704

"Her top catalogue song was equaling JLo’s new album week ONE." The way NO ONE cares about this random stat you keep posting :rip: As if JLo's biggest hits weren't outstreaming most of Caution when it got released; who cares?? It's completely insignificant :psyduck: Both of their last albums are streaming poison which is sad in both cases as they served quality.

I don't understand how as a Mariah stan you're gloating about TIMN's streams when the same is gonna happen to your fave's next album and the same happens to pretty much every older woman no matter how good the music is. You should find it sad and not rejoice in it when it affects someone you hate.

Seriously what has she done to you? Give me one valid reason for this level of obsessive hatred :deadbanana4:

Edited by Stankonia
  • Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.