The Sheena Ringo Singles Rate [winner revealed]

Suilen

I really need to get cracking on this :deadbanana: I was already so familiar with Utada’s music that I only listened to each song once for that rate, but I’m gonna have to spend more time with these songs

• Like 1

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• AMIT

• Curaga

• Kyle-x

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Well, new single or not, we're going to proceed as planned. It's still a month away, and we'll probably be done with this until then.

Let me tag some of j-pop's old guard: @hud @Kyle-x @Ghibli 

I get if you all can't do this but still letting you know about this attempt to talk about and celebrate j-pop. I'll probably have Ayumi involved in the next one, but we still need Namie back on streaming for whatever thing it'll end up being.

For those who are on the fence about the ballots, I'll try to get as many as I can, even if I have to give a shout-out to a notorious hater of hers or a certain media's owner that hates every single j-pop woman but her these days, but I still hope that we'll manage without them and the negativity they'll potentially bring.

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 1

Hey, @Suilen, will you double check the song order on the PM friendly list vs. the Spotify playlist? Stem / 茎 and Meisai / 迷彩 were switched, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten (finally started this morning!). Where the titles are in Japanese, some people might not notice and get the ratings mixed up. Thanks!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Curaga said:

Hey, @Suilen, will you double check the song order on the PM friendly list vs. the Spotify playlist? Stem / 茎 and Meisai / 迷彩 were switched, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten (finally started this morning!). Where the titles are in Japanese, some people might not notice and get the ratings mixed up. Thanks!

Thank you for pointing it out, I was just going to replace the playlist with the one from my account where everything should be in the right order. I'll also update the PM-friendly list so that the Japanese titles are first.

• Thanks 1

going through her singles for the first time ever and some of them are surprisingly not bad at all! :clap3:

• Like 2

@fauxtography @gingguu @Invisibility @Curaga @confide in me @madonnas @Ewan Chaos @Maresia @AMIT @Subomie @mathekr

A gentle reminder that there are 2 weeks left until the deadline (it can still be extended, but I'd like not to abuse this right too much). I'm a sloth when it comes to rates myself, so I totally understand if you'll be ready to submit at the very last minute.

Let me also tag the people who expressed interest in participating in the rate but haven't seen it/commented yet.

@Meloetta Carey @Hey Dude

If you don't want to be tagged for reminders in the future, let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Finally listened to them all and got my preliminary ratings, but I definitely need to go through them again and do some editing! Really great singles discography :clap3:

• Like 2

Reminder that this song did everything a certain other 2010's single tried and failed:

We were really robbed of a 4K remaster of her videos with her recent BEST album though. :'(

Also some of her videos are not uploaded to her official YT channel for some reason:

The Meisai one is SO good. :jonny4:

@Antisocialites hey sis, have you seen this rate? :eli:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AMIT said:

Reminder that this song did everything a certain other 2010's single tried and failed:

We were really robbed of a 4K remaster of her videos with her recent BEST album though. :'(

Also some of her videos are not uploaded to her official YT channel for some reason:

The Meisai one is SO good. :jonny4:

@Antisocialites hey sis, have you seen this rate? :eli:

oh, this is going to be it! Let me participate :jonny5:

• Like 2

not me just discovering this IMMACULATE song :jonny5:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AMIT said:

I wonder what that one is

0qzu0Km.gif

The looks she served with the Sunny era, whew

tumblr_p2apw5NlVI1wt1o7ko8_400.png aramajapan_news_xlarge_sheenaringo_art20140919.jpg

• Like 2

Going back through trying to fine-tune my scores and now I'm feeling like I should have just gone with my gut reaction scores like I did with Utada apiosudflajskf; this is taking me so long :gaycat7:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Curaga said:

Going back through trying to fine-tune my scores and now I'm feeling like I should have just gone with my gut reaction scores like I did with Utada apiosudflajskf; this is taking me so long :gaycat7:

Excited to find out which era will be her Distance

0qzu0Km.gif

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Excited to find out which era will be her Distance

0qzu0Km.gif

aramajapan_news_xlarge_sheenaringo_art20

Only the looks were a serve, I fear! 

Edited by Curaga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Curaga said:

aramajapan_news_xlarge_sheenaringo_art20

Only the looks were a serve, I fear! 

oh wow, this is progress for you I'm shook :jonny5:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AMIT said:

oh wow, this is progress for you I'm shook :jonny5:

I see you're no longer an Irohanihoheto believer

0qzu0Km.gif

6 minutes ago, Suilen said:

I see you're no longer an Irohanihoheto believer

0qzu0Km.gif

Welp, I forgot about that one, but I'll take Curaga dragging it if it means he'll drag the others from that album as well and leave my other faves alone. 

As a second thought I wonder why he didn't mention Sandokushi instead but again, still progress from the Utada rate. :rip:

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, AMIT said:

Welp, I forgot about that one, but I'll take Curaga dragging it if it means he'll drag the others from that album as well and leave my other faves alone. 

As a second thought I wonder why he didn't mention Sandokushi instead but again, still progress from the Utada rate. :rip:

And here I was about to spread a bit of misinformation that Curaga gave it a 0 to start some drama that we desperately need.

0qzu0Km.gif

Edited by Suilen
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, AMIT said:

Oh, how quickly you've forgotten... 

On 1/31/2024 at 12:40 PM, Suilen said:

I feel like Sandokushi will be right up Fantome's fans' alley

rainhaag-queen.gif

On 1/31/2024 at 12:43 PM, Curaga said:

The way Sandokushi is my fav Sheena album askdjfaopies

You f uckin clocked me, sis

Edited by Curaga
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The Sandokushi singles that we didn't delete with the swiftness of one shutting down a laptop lid upon seeing a screamer are quite cute, actually. And I remember that someone was stanning Kamisama, Hotokesama back in the day, too.

rainhaag-queen.gif

Anyway, I tried promoting the rate on social media, maybe we'll get some little Shiinsters that way. I normally don't do that but anything to facilitate the discussion of a Japanese woman who was popular 20 years ago.

rainhaag-queen.gif

7 minutes ago, Suilen said:

The Sandokushi singles that we didn't delete with the swiftness of one shutting down a laptop lid upon seeing a screamer are quite cute, actually. And I remember that someone was stanning Kamisama, Hotokesama back in the day, too.

rainhaag-queen.gif

Anyway, I tried promoting the rate on social media, maybe we'll get some little Shiinsters that way. I normally don't do that but anything to facilitate the discussion of a Japanese woman who was popular 20 years ago.

rainhaag-queen.gif

Speaking of promo, I noticed the thread isn't pinned in Base like the Utada rate was? :sosad:

15 minutes ago, Suilen said:

rainhaag-queen.gif

I started stanning her when she was having her midlife crisis, I was in the trenches sister. 

rainhaag-queen.gif

• Haha 2

The song with her brother is... interesting! Her La La Land serve.

6 minutes ago, Subomie said:

The song with her brother is... interesting! Her La La Land serve.

Interesting is a very kind word to use

DlXZqka.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.