St. Vincent - 'All Born Screaming'

kyliefever2002

Mother's here. Thank you for respecting time zones Queen! :jonnycat:

Unfortunately for y'all, I'm not good with track descriptions.

Example: Hell Is Near. OKAY TAKE US TO CHURCH ANNIE! Sing angel sing! Pink Floyd is shaking.

:WAP:

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Like 1

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoeAg

• Dareeyecare

• Taylor fanboy

• HonourableVomit

Honestly? The SOPHIE lyrics are way better than "Look over the edge, but not too far" from miss Khialine. I'll never understand how she got away with that one! **** her fr

• Like 1

Reckless is kinda fresh and mid at the same time.

And we all know Broken Man and Flea is that ***** 1,2 punch. They transition so well to each other (so far).

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, massedux said:

I guess I'll wait to hear the entire context of the song before forming a judgment on the SOPHIE lyrics, but I really didn't expect them to be so... literal?:biblio:

more literal than "Look over the edge, but not too far?" :deadbanana4:

Edited by Khris

This is so Self Titled coded and such a perfect song to listen to before going out.

• Like 1

They are sisters, Violent Times being more cynical and broken.

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentleman, our first MID track.

It's an unfortunate downtempo Fear The Future.

• Thumbs Down 2

I don't know how to feel about Sweetest Fruit yet, but Annie is definitely one of the most talented guitarists we have. Bless her and her pedals!

So Many Planets, not her finally being close to her mother and opening up to her, a reverse Surgeon. Okay HEALING!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Ladies and Gentleman, our first MID track.

It's an unfortunate downtempo Fear The Future.

No way, this is like Prince Johnny and bowie's "5 years" had a strange mercy baby. It's glorious , give it a few listens- lots to unpack production wise. 

• Like 1

Amazing as always. :heart: A major return to form but not borderline dated nor paradoxical.

The first half is much stronger for me. I could use one or more two songs though, I know Annie has those in the vault. Release bonus tracks Queen.

Thank you 2024 for all these new amazing albums from my faves. :heart2:

It's a pretty good album. Trinity so far would have to be:

Big Time Nothing

Violent Times

Sweetest Fruit

I'd put this album in the middle of her discography to be honest.

• Like 1

Give it all away, you give it all away
'Cause the whole world's watching you
Give it all away, you give it all away

spacer.png

Her best album opener since Chloe In The Afternoon.

• Thanks 4

seeing all the thoughts here has me sooo hyped

just a bit over 3 hours for me :jonny3:

1 hour ago, Khris said:

more literal than "Look over the edge, but not too far?" :deadbanana4:

I knew somebody would try this. notice how I said I was going to reserve further judgment until I hear the song. but yes, I would say naming SOPHIE and then describing the exact manner in which she died is just categorically pretty literal (once again, I said "literal" not good nor bad).

One more hour for Americans. Don't SLEEP!

What a masterpiece! 

I thought it would be more industrial than it is. But that's fine, she delivered a different piece of work again in her discography. 

Hell Is Near is an awesome intro, it almost gave me the same chills as listening to Ameriican Requiem. 

Violent Times is perfection. 

So Many Planets and All Born Screaming sounds a bit different from the rest of the album and both are great. I heard some reggae tone in So Many Planets that I love. 

just had a hookup with a 55 year old voiceover actor bear (his speaking voice was very Sam Elliott and he said "so long slick!" when i left his hotel room) and now i'm headed back to my place (he paid for my lyft thank god) and i'm gonna eat something and drink some apple pie moonshine and charge my phone and then head out again to listen to this!

6jqr4Zd.gif

Edited by JoeAg
  • Haha 1

This is overall different than I expected but my God is this a return to firm, easily her best LP since STV. Her production skills are MAD. 

So Many Planets completely took me by surprise, but what a gem.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

just had a hookup with a 55 year old voiceover actor bear (his speaking voice was very Sam Elliott and he said "so long slick!" when i left his hotel room) and now i'm headed back to my place (he paid for my lyft thank god) and i'm gonna eat something and drink some apple pie moonshine and charge my phone and then head out again to listen to this!

6jqr4Zd.gif

You were just like a hungry little flea

Jumping on that bear's warm body

6jqr4Zd.gif

• Haha 5

i only like broken man and sweetest fruit 

everything else hurts my ears and is not pleasant

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Incredible album, unsurprisingly. One thing I was surprised about was how this really felt a lot like a follow-up to Daddy's Home? At least with specific songs. Maybe just Hell is Near which could have been intentional to be like a cross-over song.

Flea still sticks out the most to me, but I'm 90% sure it's because I haven't stop playing it since it came out. Big Time Nothing was the new song that made me YAAAAAS the most. Can't wait to continue to listen to this album, MOTHER's Home!!

• Like 3

The Power's Out is devastating actually

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweetkiss said:

i only like broken man and sweetest fruit 

everything else hurts my ears and is not pleasant

You need new ears 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.