Why hasn’t a debut album topped The Fame?

GraceRandolph

2 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

The failed attempts already :toofunny3:

I didn't fail anything. Y'all failed. Failed about being up to date and admitting the truth. I'm correct and y'all are wrong. You failed Mystic Boy. Pure Heroine is a better debut album than The Fame.

• Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrandNewBrandon

• GraceRandolph

• Bey_Rihstan

• Kayseri Mantisi

4 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

I didn't fail anything. Y'all failed. Failed about being up to date and admitting the truth. I'm correct and y'all are wrong. You failed Mystic Boy. Pure Heroine is a better debut album than The Fame.

:skull:

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Didn’t Dua do the same thing with her debut? And Nicki?

No? Dua’s ST rerelease didn’t have a single. Pink Friday didn’t even have a rerelease. The inaccuracies across this thread are wild. 

I love Gaga, but SOUR exists, and Taylor Swift (Taylor’s Version) is coming! 

• Haha 1

I love "The Fame" but "Let Go" by Avril Lavigne is way better imo.

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2023 at 5:06 AM, Alexz said:

Because Gaga is the last superstar.

Because your favorites debut album got attached to a new ep with new songs to make them like one as if they were the same one and they were combined. They didn't cut the momentum and let the debut album die away after the last single. Thy just combined another ep of new songs with it. 

Because of those gimmicks.

Edited by readytowind

Success or quality wise? As an album I prefer BTD and Let Go more but it’s definitely bigger than both. 

puzzling thread 

anyway all of these are bigger, better and way more influential than the fame (both albums)

584-CD9-E2-3-D1-A-4931-A0-E1-317909303-E

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 12/19/2023 at 8:22 PM, Bey_Rihstan said:

TFM was massive... no doubt about it. But it's multiple eras mashed into one and then presented as a singular offering. Maybe this would be a more difficult question to answer if another girl did the same thing idk 

Even if you split the album sales in two after the release of The Fame Monster + The Fame verison, and only count the single sales and streams for The Fame songs, it's still a 20M+ era which no one has been able to do with a debut album since her. Olivia, Billie, Lana, Sam Smith, and Dua thanks to tacking on DJ collabs have come closest.

Lana might actually surpass it in the long-run because Born to Die is streaming better than The Fame (non-Fame Monster). This confirms my personal theory that one of the biggest reasons for Gaga's shocking Artpop decline wasn't just her messy behaviour, but that Lana stole all her artsy gays in 2012-2013 and then made Gaga's antics and music look too try-hard and ugly in comparison.

Edited by Psyduck

On 12/19/2023 at 11:06 PM, Alexz said:

Because Gaga is the last superstar.

and that’s the tea!

perfect timing - she could sing, perform, and had visuals that shook an extremely subdued culture in a lull post 9/11 and in the dying days of george bush's bs

she was controversial but had the stats to do whatever - it was liberating to witness

she rode the electro wave that was already established as the next sound thanks to timbo/nelly furtado, but she added a degree of camp and fun that we all needed

with the output from the girls that have debuted since...it doesn't seem like a pop girl with a solid vision/execution package to reach the masses is on the horizon lol

but just like Gaga, someone may surprise us

Edited by TYMPS

On 12/20/2023 at 4:51 AM, suburbannature said:

Girl, they specified singles promoted to radio. DITD was still a promo song that literally charted in-between those others (nearly a year after TFM was released coinciding with the attention it got from the European release). 

what's not clicking

Dance in the Dark was categorically not a single in the US :rip:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 2:28 AM, Kayseri Mantisi said:

:deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2023 at 10:13 AM, ErnieSwift said:

I love Gaga, but SOUR exists, and Taylor Swift (Taylor's Version) is coming! 

:suburban:

Not the 2 months later reply :rip:

The fight between the gays of "which of us is the dumbest bich ever" was insane :deadbanana: 

do you all even think before you post? :deadbanana: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.