Crybaby

Just Like Mine
Bird
Anything You Want
Modern Woman
Strike
To Wake Up

1 hour ago, boychik0830 said:

Do you know about any singles scheduled to be released in the near future?

currently nothing is scheduled, but I think at least another one will come 

by the way, here my little review
:giraffe:

The album opens with a sweet sound surrounded by lively nature, immersing itself in a gentle guitar. Before describes the environment, nature, and time. The voice is soft, slightly overshadowed by the sound of some birds. There's a small crescendo in the production starting around 1:37. Very charming.
Skipping Glitter and Mythologizing Me, Punch Drunk is more rhythmic, more "electronic" in production. The simple lyricism is alternated with this light electric guitar. The interlude from about 1:20 to 1:28 is beautiful and serves as a bridge between the parts. My favorite of the entire album: "And it doesn't matter how I feel right now [...] \ I needed to feel close to someone, and the best you could do was close enough to me." It reaches almost an explosion towards the end of the track. Excellent!

Skipping the also charming Crybaby, which doesn't bring much to the table, 16 opens delicately with this subdued and obscured sound: Eliza sings through a disturbed vocal filter, in the style of Billie Eilish. It describes a love situation, painful and simple at the same time. It's a very particular piece but one that reveals its hidden suffering. Another favorite.

Just Like Mine returns on the heels of Before, with its sweetness and acoustic simplicity. A "sophisticated" ballad in terms of rhythm but softened by the voice that drags along the entire track. Its length might be tiring (4:19), but there are sweet and soft backing vocals. There are some crescendos, for example, at 2:42. Very, very nice.

Bird is really unique, with this rhythmic and well-marked pace. The production is accompanied by this country instrumentation and a blowing wind. It's an ambient song that tries to explain with sounds what she narrates (for example, you can also hear the bells of some bicycles). A pity that it's short, but truly appreciated by me.

Moving past Anything You Want, Modern Woman is wonderful. It reminds me a lot of Maggie Rogers, both in terms of production and vocal progression throughout the piece. It's marvelous, simple, with this guitar that perfectly marks the rhythm. The explosions in the production are excellently inserted, growing and diminishing throughout the piece. There are also light electric guitars that accompany everything (there are even screams!). Despite its length, it flows perfectly without getting tiresome! Grand and fresh!

Strike is slower, softer. There are crescendos, but they are immediately broken by production without lyricism. Nice.
The album closes with To Wake Up. It closes the circle opened with Before since the production is almost the same. "I try to be a version of myself [...]." There are interesting interludes in the track, all immersed in soft and gentle production. An excellent conclusion to a wonderful album.

On 11/19/2023 at 11:04 AM, sam.teas said:

@original_lifeline @boychik0830 @Drownxngshadows @bonkbanisters you'll love it. Maggie Rogers meets Billie Eilish meets King Princess meets similar.
I'll leave a review soon :giraffe:

Thanks. I’ll check her out and share my thoughts later :bird:

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2023 at 11:04 AM, sam.teas said:

@original_lifeline @boychik0830 @Drownxngshadows @bonkbanisters you'll love it. Maggie Rogers meets Billie Eilish meets King Princess meets similar.
I'll leave a review soon :giraffe:

so. every track except '16' is a snoozefest trash, sorry.  '16' is a vibe, but I don't imagine myself using it that much. this girl is nothing special and I constantly confuse her with Lizzy McAlpine 

2 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

so. every track except '16' is a snoozefest trash, sorry.  '16' is a vibe, but I don't imagine myself using it that much. this girl is nothing special and I constantly confuse her with Lizzy McAlpine 

the huge dissing :eatpopcorn:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

I like anything you want a lot. I definitely agree that she's a knockoff of lizzy mcalpine and other similar artists. I don't dislike what I've heard but I probably wouldn't put this on my best albums of 2024 list either.

• 1 month later...

This is amazing!! My AOTY so far 

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.