Lacey Sturm - 'Kenotic Metanoia'

Roger

spacer.png

Kenotic Metanoia
November 17, 2023

Highly anticipated sophomore album by Flyleaf's vocalist Lacey Sturm (aka Lacey Mosley), her first album since 2016.

Features the singles:

"The Decree"
"State of Me"
"Awaken Love"
"Reconcile"
"Breathe With Me" (feat. Lindsey Stirling)

Full tracklist TBA

Edited by Roger
  • Like 2

its been 84 years 

does she still say crazy stuff about god healing her from lesbianism?  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, samsclubPRESENTSavam said:

does she still say crazy stuff about god healing her from lesbianism?  

What now? 

• Haha 1

Christian icon :clap3: I still stream All Around Me from time to time. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

What now? 

i think she revealed in her memoir that she went to conversion therapy or something 

i’m excited for this new record it’s been way too long :heart:

nnnn I think the cover’s kinda bad, but I liked Reconcile, so I’ll probably check the album out. (but not her sticking songs from 2020/2021 on here :gaycat7:)

also the title is dtm:hoetenks: 

Edited by plaidarms
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, plaidarms said:

nnnn I think the cover’s kinda bad, but I liked Reconcile, so I’ll probably check the album out. (but not her sticking songs from 2020/2021 on here :gaycat7:)

also the title is dtm:hoetenks: 

Yeah, the cover is weak af and boring. 

And yeah the title is almost like pulling a Memento Mori 

the way it randomly pops up when I'm literally in my Flyleaf era :rip: and I didn't even know she has an album out soon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m halfway through the album, and it’s solid so far. My only complaint is her tacking a cover on. I don’t think it’s necessary.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 2:26 PM, GraceRandolph said:

What now? 

On 11/4/2023 at 3:19 PM, gatito said:

i think she revealed in her memoir that she went to conversion therapy or something 

i’m excited for this new record it’s been way too long :heart:

yeah. i didnt read it but she said something like in 2002-ish she was suicidal and walked passed a church, a priest or something walked up to her and talked about god, broke up with her gf and went full religious. :deadbanana:

edit - i think it was around that time, there was a rumour amongst fans that the band was homophobic because of this section of her book and eventually the guys in the band tweeted support for LGBT + the band account tweeted a rainbow in hearts.

edit 2 - i also forgot this album was out today :deadbanana:

Edited by Vixen Eyes

12 hours ago, plaidarms said:

I’m halfway through the album, and it’s solid so far. My only complaint is her tacking a cover on. I don’t think it’s necessary.

She did that on her debut solo album too with Roxanne, a live cover just before the final album track? Very very fanmade tracklist move lol

12 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

yeah. i didnt read it but she said something like in 2002-ish she was suicidal and walked passed a church, a priest or something walked up to her and talked about god, broke up with her gf and went full religious. :deadbanana:

edit - i think it was around that time, there was a rumour amongst fans that the band was homophobic because of this section of her book and eventually the guys in the band tweeted support for LGBT + the band account tweeted a rainbow in hearts.

I read that the band was very LGBT+ supportive while she was more narrow minded, her husband seems very weird tbh, like almost possessive and controller. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roger said:

She did that on her debut solo album too with Roxanne, a live cover just before the final album track? Very very fanmade tracklist move lol

i would have put the live performance at the end, and usually edit the metadata to reflect that

• 3 weeks later...

Not gonna lie, it bore me. 

Many songs kinda sound similar. 

Flyleaf's first three albums are amazing, every song has its spotlight on each album and every album has a very distinct sound while maintaining the bands essence. 

Josh Sturm just can't compare to the musical genius of the other guys from the band. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.