HDD: "1989 (Taylor's Version)" 1,586,516; beats Midnights, 10 albums top 40

Squall

Just now, Steve Johnson said:

Yeah. 150k more? 

Even that’s a stretch imo. She’ll likely end up just above 1.4M

Also, anyone know what HDD reported for 1989 back in 2014? They base these projections on their numbers (not billboards) so we can use that to gauge how far she is from midnights.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Enrique523

• Cruel Summer

• PoisonedIvy

Remember that the 1.3m isn’t a precise report, just a “more than.” We don’t actually know how much more than that - we can maybe assume it’s not 1.4m yet? But it really still could be. Even Billboards 1m pure sales was just “more than,” too.

Have the predictions plummeted yet? I don’t think I’ll be able to handle it if this legit sells more than the OG. It’s getting so hard to discredit her 

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Just now, family.guy123 said:

Have the predictions plummeted yet? I don’t think I’ll be able to handle it if this legit sells more than the OG. It’s getting so hard to discredit her 

Already sold more than the original :bird:

• Like 2

It’ll be kind of embarrassing if 1989 TV ends up having the best first week sales in her entire career, and overshadows TS11 + future albums. So I kind of hope it underperforms. :mandown:

52 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I was just about to ask if it said that yesterday or if it was newly added :deadbanana:

And it could be higher since it just says it surpassed the 1.3m of the original :deadbanana2:

I'm never going to get over the preorders messy situation :dies: 

Just now, Squall said:

I'm never going to get over the preorders messy situation :dies: 

Honestly that could be why everyone is being so vague with just “more than x copies” updates, the mess from earlier reporting!

It certainly made this week a little less fun than the usual consistent increases :gaycatx:

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

Remember that the 1.3m isn’t a precise report, just a “more than.” We don’t actually know how much more than that - we can maybe assume it’s not 1.4m yet? But it really still could be. Even Billboards 1m pure sales was just “more than,” too.

HDD's report has more to do with 1989 TV passing the original rather than passing a specific number. It does have a different intent than just simply reporting, 1989 TV sells 1.3m+.

40 minutes ago, Buffy said:

It’ll be kind of embarrassing if 1989 TV ends up having the best first week sales in her entire career, and overshadows TS11 + future albums. So I kind of hope it underperforms. :mandown:

If it surpasses Midnights, I don't wanna be modest and ironically underestimate her, but do you really think she won't be shooting for 2Million first week with TS11?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Itsaliability said:

If it surpasses Midnights, I don't wanna be modest and ironically underestimate her, but do you really think she won't be shooting for 2Million first week with TS11?

It really just depends. I thought Midnights was one of her worst albums. It’s bottom 3 for me, but it was a major success. Anything can happen. 

Edited by Buffy

7 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

This ain't new

Same happened to me multiple time

We aren't allowed to say anything here and the other fanbases can do whatever they want. 

I have simply stopped engaging 

Same. I barely comment in this site nowadays due to the biasses of the mods here. You will be seeing threads about Taylor and her achievements and comments would be filled “white mediocrity” “privilege” “nazi” “talentless” etc, then when u look at their avis you’ll see Britneys Rihannas Lady Gaga Beyonce etc :skull:

Anyways, reputation TV will gag ATRL again and they will have no choice but to SEETHE in the corner again! :ahh:

1 hour ago, Jpkun said:

HDD's report has more to do with 1989 TV passing the original rather than passing a specific number. It does have a different intent than just simply reporting, 1989 TV sells 1.3m+.

I feel like it will barely pass 1.5 million, which is still huge. They need to soften its second week drop though

Rep TV may be released in Spring 2024 then debut TV in the summer 2024. i dont see these two outdebuting 1989 TV but would most likely perform similar to Speak Now TV 

Taylor needs to focus more to TS11's promo. I don't mind rep TV and debut TV to be the evermore and fearless TV between Folklore and Red TV.

The day ATRL learns that you don’t need videos, choreography, or “looks” to be a legend/icon is the day we’ll all know peace. :toofunny2:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

It’s at least 1.3M up until Tuesday at midnight. I doubt she can move another 300k units in 2 days to surpass midnights 

The wild card is in the explicable jump from 500K sales after three days to well over 1M by day 5. Definitely following a different trajectory than her other albums, even if for no other reason than strange shipping dates.

Is there anyone on here from the US who has preordered the album and it still hasn’t been shipped? I really wonder if they shipped every preorders. 

9 hours ago, Oxygen said:

I wonder if Reputation will continue with the trend of each TV outselling the last, or it 1989 will be the peak 

just like the original malfunction, it will begin her downward trajectory :sistrens:

• Haha 1

BB update: "According to initial reports to data tracking firm Luminate, Taylor Swift’s 1989 (Taylor’s Version) sold over 1.1 million copies in the U.S. in its first six days of release (Oct. 27-Nov. 1). Of that sum, vinyl sales account for 580,000 – marking the largest sales week for a vinyl album since Luminate began tracking sales in 1991."

337m streams, 1.35m+ SPS so far.

Edited by Jpkun

1 minute ago, Jpkun said:

BB update: "According to initial reports to data tracking firm Luminate, Taylor Swift’s 1989 (Taylor’s Version) sold over 1.1 million copies in the U.S. in its first six days of release (Oct. 27-Nov. 1). Of that sum, vinyl sales account for 580,000 – marking the largest sales week for a vinyl album since Luminate began tracking sales in 1991."

Over 1.1m pure sales and the vinyl record, oh queen :gaycat5:

Not looking great for beating Midnights’ overall total, but clearly we already know it beat the original, so that’s okay!

22 minutes ago, Squall said:

Is there anyone on here from the US who has preordered the album and it still hasn’t been shipped? I really wonder if they shipped every preorders. 

My cd variants still just say “label created”, I got both my vinyls though

4 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Even that’s a stretch imo. She’ll likely end up just above 1.4M

Also, anyone know what HDD reported for 1989 back in 2014? They base these projections on their numbers (not billboards) so we can use that to gauge how far she is from midnights.

On 10/28/2023 at 10:23 PM, Michael196 said:

yet again... no words :dies:

throwback to the og's hdd thread

https://classic.atrl.net/forums/showthread.php?t=702950

(10/27) HDD removed their 800k-1M statement and replaced it with just 1M.
(10/28) '1989' with a 'comfortable projection' that she will sell 1M+
(10/29) '1989' predicted to sell 1.1-1.2M, with RED's sales possibly in reach.
(10/30) '1989' updated with projection of 1.2-1.25M, reaching RED's debut and going for Britney.
(10/31) '1989' predicted to now reach 1.3M. Real possibility she passes Britney.

• Thanks 1

If it’s over 1.1m in pure sales so far, it looks like it has a solid shot at beating Midnights’ pure sales (1.14m), which will make it the biggest pure sales week since Reputation’s debut in 2017.

• Like 1

I found the culprit who drove Tay to 1mil+ in her first week... It's @byzantium's friend... girlll u draggin ya friennn liekkk disss is harddddcorezzz. :ryan3:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Maroonx said:

I found the culprit who drove Tay to 1mil+ in her first week... It's @byzantium's friend... girlll u draggin ya friennn liekkk disss is harddddcorezzz. :ryan3:

I just think the people should know that despite what this looks like.  It is not impressive because my real friend inflated the numbers.  This same friend also is responsible for 80% of the Spotify streams. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

I just think the people should know that despite what this looks like.  It is not impressive because my real friend inflated the numbers.  This same friend also is responsible for 80% of the Spotify streams. 

Streaming farms! :redface:

1 hour ago, 1989 said:

Streaming farms! :redface:

Took a page from a lot of the Kpop success magazines. :ryan3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.