Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Enrique523

• Cruel Summer

• PoisonedIvy

2 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

But white privilege is the lack of obstacles, not guaranteed success

TELL HIM! :clap3:

This is something people REALLY don't understand about white privilege and it's driving me crazy :psyduck:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

TELL HIM! :clap3:

This is something people REALLY don't understand about white privilege and it's driving me crazy :psyduck:

It’s misplaced frustration. Taylor is a benefactor of the racial history of the US but she is not the only one. Madonna, Britney, Gaga, pretty much 90% of the women this site stans all hold the same Caucasian birthrights that Taylor wields. But that’s where it ends. Everything else each person accomplishes is the result of their talent and hard work. if money and privilege were all it took Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson would have gone on to be the queens of pop :rip: 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, PoisonPill said:

Lord. You're still at it, days later, in a HDD sales thread.

I mean idk why they're even allowed to be off topic and for days too

1 hour ago, PoisonedIvy said:

It’s misplaced frustration. Taylor is a benefactor of the racial history of the US but she is not the only one. Madonna, Britney, Gaga, pretty much 90% of the women this site stans all hold the same Caucasian birthrights that Taylor wields. But that’s where it ends. Everything else each person accomplishes is the result of their talent and hard work. if money and privilege were all it took Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson would have gone on to be the queens of pop :rip: 

Exactly! Being white alone will NOT guarantee you success, it will only makes the road a little bit less difficult. But to have the kind of career Taylor managed to have, you have to work hard, have a lot of luck and yes, be talented too. As you say there's a lot of actually mediocre white female artists that never succeeded, clearly being white is not enough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I mean idk why they're even allowed to be off topic and for days too

Can someone tell me if ATRL has any rule against derailing a thread with intentionally inflammatory language? I would've assumed so but it doesn't seem to be enforced.

wait when did this get 26 pages :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

My very popular post on the very first page (which just crossed 100 likes) got me warned and banned for two days for trolling. The reasons given were: 

Note for member

• Do not be belligerent or antagonizing in a thread about a celebrity you don’t like.
  • Do not start a thread meant only to attack a certain celebrity.
  • Do not harshly "drag" a celebrity/fan base.
  • Penalty:
    • Trolling Warning (2 points, expires in 90 days); and
    • Restricted from posting for 48 hours. 

This members posts are allowed just because they're aimed at Taylor. I've been told by the mods themselves in HQ that is ok to say all these things about Taylor and that it is also ok to call her and her fans Nazis, white supremacists, racist, KKK members... As it is only a joke. 

I think it's incredibly ironic that it's perfectly okay for users to call Swifties Nazis, but when Swifties make obvious jokes about the composition of their own fanbase and the distribution of their own fave's success in a mockery of the common complaints of obsessed haters, it's belligerent trolling and antagonization. Maybe instead of referring to Swifties as 15 year old white girls, you should instead refer to them with the (evidently so accurate that it's unpunishable) label of Nazis. Perhaps that's how to avoid punishment. 

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Jpkun said:

She's going to just miss HDD's SEA estimate of 300k as she'll need right around 400m US streams and it looks like she's probably going to be in the 360-380m range, so will definitely have to rely on pure sales to try to beat Midnights.

380M is close enough with TEA added.

But yeah obviously. Its super hard to estimate with all the weirdness. And Billboard counting the pre-orders in stages.

Maybe they changed something when its counted as shipped

Think Midnights will stay slightly ahead

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

This depends on which pop girl the inflammatory language is directed towards.  There is no rule against directing it to Taylor Swift, but there is for other pop girls. 

This

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Horrible mixing won

stephm.png

It had the same mixer, Serban Ghenia, as the og 1989 so I guess he knows what he's doing.

• Like 2

1.2m pure sales for a re recording? What the hell are her fans smoking 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

I think it's incredibly ironic that it's perfectly okay for users to call Swifties Nazis, but when Swifties make obvious jokes about the composition of their own fanbase and the distribution of their own fave's success in a mockery of the common complaints of obsessed haters, it's belligerent trolling and antagonization. Maybe instead of referring to Swifties as 15 year old white girls, you should instead refer to them with the (evidently so accurate that it's unpunishable) label of Nazis. Perhaps that's how to avoid punishment. 

59 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

You can't even point this out in HQ cause the mods and certain people will have a meltdown and say "oh look, swifties have no sense of humour and can't take a joke"... I've been here a long time and the site has always been biased against Taylor (see how long threads made to drag her are allowed to stay open, how members are allowed to call her all sorts of things without any consequences...) So nothing is ever going to be done about it. But to be targeted even when I don't enter troll threads and don't engage with the hate just because of making a harmless joke is a new low for the Mods, and this isn't the first time it happened either.

Ohhh I remember when I got a warning a few months ago for "attacking" a certain artist even though my comment is very general, yet the one person who is attacking Taylor and her skin colour and who got tons of downvotes and reports didn't get any warning points.

Anyways, excellent numbers to the award-winning singer-songwriter-producer-multi-instrumentalist-director Taylor Swift :clap3: ATRL can't take that away

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

You can't even point this out in HQ cause the mods and certain people will have a meltdown and say "oh look, swifties have no sense of humour and can't take a joke"... I've been here a long time and the site has always been biased against Taylor (see how long threads made to drag her are allowed to stay open, how members are allowed to call her all sorts of things without any consequences...) So nothing is ever going to be done about it. But to be targeted even when I don't enter troll threads and don't engage with the hate just because of making a harmless joke is a new low for the Mods, and this isn't the first time it happened either.

Can we create a thread that would list all the threads that are attacking Taylor and have remained open for a long time? The hypocrisy of this site is getting out of hand. Mind you, they promote equality; I guess equality is limited only to some artists... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cleanromantic said:

My very popular post on the very first page (which just crossed 100 likes) got me warned and banned for two days for trolling. The reasons given were: 

Note for member

• Do not be belligerent or antagonizing in a thread about a celebrity you don’t like.
  • Do not start a thread meant only to attack a certain celebrity.
  • Do not harshly "drag" a celebrity/fan base.
  • Penalty:
    • Trolling Warning (2 points, expires in 90 days); and
    • Restricted from posting for 48 hours. 

This members posts are allowed just because they're aimed at Taylor. I've been told by the mods themselves in HQ that is ok to say all these things about Taylor and that it is also ok to call her and her fans Nazis, white supremacists, racist, KKK members... As it is only a joke. 

TAG ALL THE MODS AND DEMAND FOR EXPLANATIONS. As a POC myself, it is very INSULTING to be called a NAZI and be belittled because I stan an award-winning singer-songwriter-producer-multi-instrumentalist-director. :mad:

Anyways, Taylor's Version albums debut numbers increasing on each release are so impressive:

Fearless TV: 292k

Red TV: 605k

Speak Now TV: 712k

1989 TV: 1.5m (predicted)

I would say the last two TVs won't have a higher debut than 1989 TV, but I see self-titled and rep TVs to debut around Speak Now TV numbers:

Taylor Swift TV: 750k

Reputation TV: 850k

Taylor probably want to reserve her next 1 million debut for TS11

I bet debut TV will do 1 million as well. She’s gonna pull all the stops with that album since it’s the last one and what started her career. I predict a lot of promo with famous country stars talking about it. America will buy it up

When the Debut TV vault has 20 songs :jonny2:

HDD: Taylor Swift (Taylor's Version) 2 mill pure sales. 

I am Taylor fan and I dont deny white privilege which gave her a head start like it did to any white artist. But maintaining decades for two decades at top level isn't easy and only madonna in past had such consistency among women worldwide. 

Her peers has flopped to oblivion and now she is outselling streaming era girls in streaming era, despite debuting in middle of physical era and digital era. It requires actual talent, smart career planning and frankly good music. Her catalog sells because it isn't based on trends. And can be heard in any year. It doesn't get outdated. She treats her fans well and kept hold on fanbase! 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, FreeXone said:

She is. She embodies it ALL. Her pen game does not equate why she has been thrusted so far into the pop stratosphere. I don’t care. I really dislike her for what she represents. No artist of color would go as far as she has with what she has given but I digress. Not her fault. Just the way this country has and always be built. 

I’d love to hear your excuse for Rihanna who literally has no talent 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.