• Enrique523

• Cruel Summer

• PoisonedIvy

2 minutes ago, Squall said:

Still weird with the preorders but whatever

Weird in what sense?

8 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

Weird in what sense?

It's probably because they are not reporting pre-orders on the first day like they usually do. It does seem odd that on the third day, they estimated 550,000 and now on the fifth day it jumped to 1 million. I can only gather that they are reporting in stages, so that by the seventh day it will be over 1.5 million.

11 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

Weird in what sense?

Given we had 540k preorders on lock and most likely 800-900k overall

1 hour ago, TayGod said:

It's probably because they are not reporting pre-orders on the first day like they usually do. It does seem odd that on the third day, they estimated 550,000 and now on the fifth day it jumped to 1 million. I can only gather that they are reporting in stages, so that by the seventh day it will be over 1.5 million.

In pure sales? Because if that's the case she's definitively beating Midnights if we add streaming to it.

14 minutes ago, Squall said:

Still weird with the preorders but whatever

I think her team must be reporting the preorders bit by bit, daily in order to avoid it looking like most of the sales were fueled by pre-orders? Or to better guard against validating pre-order estimates? It is weird in that it's a different strategy taken by her team that her previous releases.

• Like 1

Just now, Enrique523 said:

In pure sales? Because if that's the case she's definitively beating Midnights if we add streaming to it.

Sorry I was just thinking of total sales. I didn't read that they had only reported pure sales. My mistake!

1 hour ago, TayGod said:

Sorry I was just thinking of total sales. I didn't read that they had only reported pure sales. My mistake!

Oh ok.

10 minutes ago, TayGod said:

I mean it's even weirder if you consider only pure sales. On day 1 they reported 250k pure, day 3 the reported 370k pures, day 5 1m pures. ?? LOL

It's super strange and interesting to observe. I'm thinking she'll get right around Midnights' total. Today's 1m report is also super vague at "over 1 million copies", which could mean such a wide range of numbers.

Edited by Jpkun

@AppleMusic I'm taking a flight to Cupertino right now

• Like 1

She's going to just miss HDD's SEA estimate of 300k as she'll need right around 400m US streams and it looks like she's probably going to be in the 360-380m range, so will definitely have to rely on pure sales to try to beat Midnights.

22 minutes ago, TayGod said:

12 minutes ago, Jpkun said:

I mean it's even weirder if you consider only pure sales. On day 1 they reported 250k pure, day 3 the reported 370k pures, day 5 1m pures. ?? LOL

It's super strange and interesting to observe. I'm thinking she'll get right around Midnights' total. Today's 1m report is also super vague at "over 1 million copies", which could mean such a wide range of numbers.

I think it's likely they only reported new sales excluding pre-orders for the first three days, and after realizing Luminate had misreported the data, published this as a pivot without admitting their mistake. HDD had it right all along.

22 minutes ago, Squall said:

Given we had 540k preorders on lock and most likely 800-900k overall

900k US pre-orders were on lock per various sources, so I guess it tracks. There have been reports of delayed deliveries, so that may've contributed to the confusion too.

Edited by Carry My Heart

6 minutes ago, Carry My Heart said:

I think it's likely they only reported new sales excluding pre-orders for the first three days, and after realizing Luminate had misreported the data, published this as a pivot without admitting their mistake. HDD had it right all along.

I guess we'll see on Sunday. I agree that HDD had the right data, but I don't think the first three days reported by Luminate/BB are PURELY new sales. If so, she would probably breeze past Midnights. If she reports a 1.7m+ total, I'll believe the first 3 days she had 370k NEW album sales, but that's a lot of new sales, and I just don't think that happened. I think probably the first 3 days report, there was a small bit of the preorders reported. 

The reason this has to be, IMO, is that let's conservatively assume 800k preorders. If the first 3 days were all NEW sales, that brings her pure albums sales to basically 1.2m already. Add a few more days of the tracking week to say 100-150k NEW sales. That brings the pure album sales number too far away from HDD's estimate I think. So if you 100% believe HDD's data, I think you have to assume the first 3 days includes mostly NEW, but also some preorder sales.

Edited by Jpkun

17 hours ago, BnPac said:

Yes, I voted that comment down. It's weird how this "white mediocrity" thing is still being pushed just because she's not some cup of tea. 

She is. She embodies it ALL. Her pen game does not equate why she has been thrusted so far into the pop stratosphere. I don’t care. I really dislike her for what she represents. No artist of color would go as far as she has with what she has given but I digress. Not her fault. Just the way this country has and always be built. 

Edited by FreeXone
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 25

2 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

She is. She embodies it ALL. Her pen game does not equate why she has been thrusted so far into the pop stratosphere. I don’t care. I really dislike her for what she represents. No artist of color would go as far as she has with the mediocre **** she sells

If you don’t care then why are you having meltdowns? Calm down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jpkun said:

So if you 100% believe HDD's data, I think you have to assume the first 3 days includes mostly NEW, but also some preorder sales.

This sounds like the most plausible scenario. It's likely that a small chunk of the preorders were accounted for before BB realized their mistake and posted this new article.

30 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

She is. She embodies it ALL. Her pen game does not equate why she has been thrusted so far into the pop stratosphere. I don’t care. I really dislike her for what she represents. No artist of color would go as far as she has with what she has given but I digress. Not her fault. Just the way this country has and always be built. 

Did Taylor kill your kitten or something? The obsession is concerning:rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Anyway, keep SEETHING at the music industry.

yVBlpDw.gif

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FreeXone said:

Rihanna went pretty damn far with way less talent than Taylor. That doesn’t NEGATE the reality that white people are born with a head start over people of color, but come on now. If ANY mediocre white girl with a guitar and a middle class family could dominate the music industry.. why on earth is Taylor the ONLY white woman doing so right now? For the past 10 years honestly. Maybe, just maybe, it’s because she IS NOT mediocre. She is an exceptional songwriter and composer and you are seriously letting a personal bias cloud your view of that.

It is unfortunate that people of color aren’t awarded the privileges that white people are born with. But white privilege is the lack of obstacles, not guaranteed success. There’s actual white mediocrity out there and their (lack of) success is reflective of that. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

OTHs always claiming they don’t care about Taylor yet stay going on and on about her. The power she has over some ATRL members is just :jonny5:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FreeXone said:

Lord. You're still at it, days later, in a HDD sales thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.