• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squall

• Enrique523

• Cruel Summer

• PoisonedIvy

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

In Taylor’s case, they have never overestimated on their first prediction, not even once. They have only underestimated her.

Well with Taylor's power in recent times, it wouldn't be too far stretched to overestimate her... i mean Midnights did over 1,5M.. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Not a year :psyduck:

It was the one i pre ordered the night she announced at the vmas

2 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

Well with Taylor's power in recent times, it wouldn't be too far stretched to overestimate her... i mean Midnights did over 1,5M.. 

You do realize HDD use actual data and that it's the reason predictions are released after a day of release? :dies: 

After one day of sales and streams, we can project a first week total of 1.45-1.55m.

They weren't going to predict 1.5M if they knew it "only" sold 250k on the first day :skull: 

Just now, Squall said:

You do realize HDD use actual data and that it's the reason predictions are released after a day of release? :dies: 

Not at all. HDD actually just make an estimation. They don't really have direct information from Luminate for example. They don't have access to accurate data.

• Thumbs Down 5

1 minute ago, PopFan1996 said:

Not at all. HDD actually just make an estimation. They don't really have direct information from Luminate for example. They don't have access to accurate data.

Yes they do, that's why they specify they released their prediction "after one day of sales". Your "they may overestimate her due to midnights" argument doesn't make any sense as SN TV was released 3 months ago and they didn't say it would sell 1.5M, they were on par with the actual numbers.

My friend (26 yo female) posted in her stories that 3 of the 5 vinyl variants she bought arrived. Another friend same age posted she bought 4. 

Her sales are impressive but she’s essentially a Kpop artist. She’s selling goodies and not albums. 

• Thumbs Down 16

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

My friend (26 yo female) posted in her stories that 3 of the 5 vinyl variants she bought arrived. Another friend same age posted she bought 4. 

Her sales are impressive but she’s essentially a Kpop artist. She’s selling goodies and not albums. 

Ok?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Squall said:

Yes they do, that's why they specify they released their prediction "after one day of sales". Your "they may overestimate her due to midnights" argument doesn't make any sense as SN TV was released 3 months ago and they didn't say it would sell 1.5M, they were on par with the actual numbers.

i simply think the pre-orders aren't shipping first week . And HDD assumed they will be shipped in the first week. But they will be spread out in the other upcoming weeks

1 minute ago, PopFan1996 said:

i simply think the pre-orders aren't shipping first week . And HDD assumed they will be shipped in the first week. But they will be spread out in the other upcoming weeks

They never did this, I don't think they would sacrifice the possibility of such a big debut, especially if it means outselling the OG :michael:

While this is really dumb, it means that this is already locked for 2024’s year-end #1 :dies:

Edited by Michael196

23 minutes ago, Squall said:

Ok?

It's just an observation as anytime anyone insinuates Taylor's sales are inflated by her variants/versions her fans get incredibly defensive and act like that's not a big factor to her large physicals sales in a dead market.

Exhibit A:

8 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Her tour sold 4M tickets in a few hours. Her movie had 6.5M attendance in the US theaters so far.

But somehow her selling 1.5M albums is so unbelievable that only explanation is 300k fans buying her albums over and over again like Kpop fans. 

We can also ignore that her Streaming equivalent alone will be higher than any Kpop album debut :zzz:

Touring and concert tickets have no correlation to physical album sales.

Album sales are a dead market. No one consumes albums in that way unless they're like 60 years old. Vinyls have become "in" as a collectible hence new there being hundreds of thousands of vinyl variants produced ahead of debut week (why she sells more vinyls than traditional albums).

So yes, you have a format of CDs that has become trendy as collectibles combined with the biggest artist at the moment with a huge dedicated fanbase combined with multiple variants. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Or do you think 600k people bought Midnight Vinyls its debut week? Be serious.

It's so funny to see the defensiveness while I literally see of my Swifties friends buy all the variants you guys are claiming fans aren't buying :deadbanana2:

Edited by Gaia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 17

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

It's just an observation as anytime anyone insinuates Taylor's sales are inflated by her variants/versions her fans get incredibly defensive and act like that's not a big factor to her large physicals sales in a dead market.

Exhibit A:

Touring and concert tickets have no correlation to physical album sales.

Album sales are a dead market. No one consumes albums in that way unless they're like 60 years old. Vinyls have become "in" as a collectible hence new there being hundreds of thousands of vinyl variants produced ahead of debut week (why she sells more vinyls than traditional albums).

So yes, you have a format of CDs that has become trendy as collectibles combined with the biggest artist at the moment with a huge dedicated fanbase combined with multiple variants. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Or do you think 600k people bought Midnight Vinyls its debut week? Be serious.

It's so funny to see the defensiveness while I literally see of my Swifties friends buy all the variants you guys are claiming fans aren't buying :deadbanana2:

If that’s the case, then can you explain her longevity compared to those you’re comparing her with, who fall off on the second week?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, PopFan1996 said:

Maybe

They have a history of being very inaccurate in the first day prediction

By like 10%. They are very, very good

It would be extremely shocking if this sells only 800k 

4 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

30MB came out 2 years ago PLEASE MOVE ON and accept that Red TV left that album in the mud. This obsession against Taylor is NOT HEALTHY ! 

spacer.png

they always pull that BS then ignore the longevity all her albums have :psyduck:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

Ok? A sale is a sale. 

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

The you seem angry about every artists :rip: nothing positive to say

Your main issue is that her OWN FANS are willing to buy albums while other artists struggle despite releasing vinyls. You make no sense  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

By like 10%. They are very, very good

It would be extremely shocking if this sells only 800k 

It would be very weird.

I still think the pre-orders were supposed to be shipped this week and they ended up not being shipped.

2 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

If Taylor is potentially sitting on the biggest debut of her career I highly doubt her team is holding out for other weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Starchild said:

Why is this some big deal to people here? There's no big reason, BB just reported sales of first day, they aren't going to post pre orders or predictions, that's HDD. BB likes doing this for traffic that's all 

Because they have always included the pre-order in their early reports.

Taylor Swift’s ‘Midnights’ Passes 1 Million Units in U.S. – Billboard

(Oct. 22): According to initial reports to Luminate, Midnights sold more than 800,000 copies in the U.S. through its first day across all available formats (multiple digital album download, CD, vinyl and cassette variants).

(Oct. 24): According to initial reports to Luminate, Midnights has earned more than 1.2 million equivalent album units in the U.S. through its first three days of release (through Oct. 23).

7 hours ago, Gaia said:

And here I am with my friends and we didn’t buy any variant while basically just streaming, so I guess it evens out even in these very peculiar anecdotal situations. :celestial6:  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gaia said:

Gaia, whats good?

Miley-whats-good GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gaia said:

Yeah that's not limited to Taylor only. One of my friends bought Omelette version, clear version, walmart version of Adele's 30. Other one bought 8 of 16 vinyl colors of Olivia's GUTS. I guess they are selling goodies too. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.