Is Taylor Swift a legend?

blackoutbaby

Just now, lael said:

If you are going my stadium tours yes I agree. In terms of number of countries toured however, she ishttps://youtu.be/RAMYyZ7XdCg?si=rJqeQvqLgaTkiZNa far from the top:

Here is the link sorry!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lael

• JaXXXon

• swissman

• on the line

1 minute ago, lael said:

Here is the link sorry!

Eras tour is still the highest grossing tour though which is impressive. Taylor is still not as big as all of these artists in their prime in Europe however. At least based on number of number one hits and record sales. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, lael said:

Joined March 24

Bumps a thread from Oct 2023

30 posts total

Scooby Doo Mask Reveal" HD Remake (face removed in second panel for easy  png placement) : r/hdmemes

:dies:

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

I'm pretty sure she had an ATRL banner, soooo... :gaycatina1:

3 minutes ago, lael said:

Here is the link sorry!

Yeah I guess I'm not nearly as impressed by an artist getting together a crowd of 8,000 people in 50 countries as I am by an artist getting together a crowd of 60,000 in 30 countries. 

Across her entire career, Taylor has played a show in 33 countries, and she's played a stadium in 25 of those (and most of the remaining were in countries that don't have stadiums like Hong Kong or Northern Ireland)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Yeah I guess I'm not nearly as impressed by an artist getting together a crowd of 8,000 people in 50 countries as I am by an artist getting together a crowd of 60,000 in 30 countries. 

Across her entire career, Taylor has played a show in 33 countries, and she's played a stadium in 25 of those (and most of the remaining were in countries that don't have stadiums like Hong Kong or Northern Ireland)

I find the number of countries visited on tour more impressive because it shows just how global the artist is.

1 minute ago, lael said:

I find the number of countries visited on tour more impressive because it shows just how global the artist is.

And you think Taylor can't play to 8k people in Greece, Denmark and Hungary? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, lael said:

It doesn't really. Selling 12k tickets in a country doesn't mean much. Any artist can do that, that just means the artist has a small fan base there. Demi Lovato can come to Brazil and sell out some arenas. That doesn't mean people here give a f about her. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WildHeart said:

And you think Taylor can't play to 8k people in Greece, Denmark and Hungary? 

Taylor struggles in Europe. She is way more popular in Asia. My cousins in Greece have never heard of her. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, lael said:

Taylor struggles in Europe.

She sold +3M tickets in Europe, highest for any female artist ever... 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

She sold +3M tickets in Europe, highest for any female artist ever... 

She has no number one hits in Greece, Italy, France, Hungary, Spain, etc. 

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, lael said:

No. 1 hits don't matter in the grand scheme of things plz

31 minutes ago, greento said:

No. 1 hits don't matter in the grand scheme of things plz

It shows how popular they are across different countries.

4 hours ago, swissman said:

Yet again, ATRL needs to really consider what an icon is and what a legend is.

These terms are made up and completely interchangeable sis, they mean whatever stans want them to mean :suburban:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lael said:

And yet the only thing that's kept Taylor from playing shows somewhere like Greece or Denmark (or Belgium or Norway or Czechia or Hungary or Finland or anywhere else in Europe with a stadium large enough to fit her stage and the logistical capacity to orchestrate her show) is that she doesn't have room in her schedule this summer to include them. From this week through the end of August, she's playing several shows a week. If she does another Euro leg in the summer of 2025 (or, more likely, tours Europe even more extensively on her next run), she'll almost certainly book more stadiums in different cities. Your cousins might not have heard of Taylor, but that doesn't mean Taylor couldn't pull a crowd of 60-70k people to fill the Olympic Stadium in Athens, or Copenhagen, or Brussels, or Oslo, or Prague, or Budapest, or Helsinki, or anywhere else... 

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The extreme goal post moving in here :deadbanana4:

At the end of the day she's coming for Madge's numbers, and currently on the most successful tour of all time, has the longest run time for a #1 song at over 10 minutes, multiple 1million+ debut week sales, has probably broken more records than all of our faves, etc. Whether you like it or not she'll end up as a legend if you don't already consider her one :deadbanana4:

Edited by Sadie Saxton
  • Like 1

7ExqWm0.gif

4 minutes ago, Sadie Saxton said:

The extreme goal post moving in here :deadbanana4:

At least end of the day she's coming for Madge's numbers, and currently on the most successful tour of all time, has the longest run time for a #1 song at over 10 minutes, multiple 1million+ debut week sales, has probably broken more records than all of our faves, etc. Whether you like it or not she'll end up as a legend if you don't already consider her one :deadbanana4:

True, but that could also mean that Madonna, Beyonce and Shakira could do more stadium dates as well if they wanted (since their record sales in Europe are so high). Shakira even stated in an interview that she prefers doing arenas to stadiums because it allows her to be more intimate with the audience. 

Considering how popular is Taylor is in Asia she should tour in India. Its understandable why she wouldn't do the Middle East in this climate, but she could. 

Numbers don't lie. And at this point she definitely has a handful of songs that will be remembered so, yes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, swissman said:

Céline doesn't have to have impact to be a legend. She just needs to have her reputation as an artist precede her in a major way, for that to be the case.

imo, impact relates more to that of an icon, where you are representing something: a style, a time, an approach, a level of success, etc.

Who bumped this thread :skull:

--

But impact can also make a Change in a specific category (music,fashion,film etc)

so it can be connected with actually being a Legend;

it can be connected to being influential OR having sales tbh (or both) - but it isn't exactly that. It's all too much encapsulating for what it can be or what it can't be.

You can have impact and that impact could be influencing of trends for a quick second. It could also lead u to influence a whole generation. It could be mainly impact on the success department, without anything to change the industry which it is impacting.

A mistake that one needs to specify, since the word is used for everything and can be easily misinterpreted.

So yea, Impact does leave a mark that can change the industry, which in turn can make you a legend

Since that is a Legend.. someone who has influenced artists, the music, the trends. It impacts People. (depending on how big it is ofc)

You can also be an icon, by having impact. It leaves an impression.

Be remembered. Be a symbol of something.

An impact can create both an icon and/or a legend.

2 hours ago, lael said:

All it shows is what some record label decided on.

If Camila played for 50 people in every country in the world, would that make her more global than Taylor Swift?

Taylor could sell out any show in any country globally right now. But it makes no sense logistically to move her stage to Bolivia og Bangladesh when she can just do 20 shows in London instead, where infrastructure is more developed and ticket prices higher.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lael said:

Taylor struggles in Europe. She is way more popular in Asia. My cousins in Greece have never heard of her. 

TTPD was the biggest streaming debut on the European continent ever.

Eras tour is likely to be the biggest tour in Europe ever.

Give up please 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lael said:

True, but that could also mean that Madonna, Beyonce and Shakira could do more stadium dates as well if they wanted (since their record sales in Europe are so high). Shakira even stated in an interview that she prefers doing arenas to stadiums because it allows her to be more intimate with the audience. 

Considering how popular is Taylor is in Asia she should tour in India. Its understandable why she wouldn't do the Middle East in this climate, but she could. 

Spoiler

Hey girl, I think you may have meant to quote the user above my post, it looks like you guys were having a discussion :celestial2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.