Golden Hit: Season 5 ⚜️ Congrats to fountain!

Jackson

Emblem-Banner-S5.png

Round 1 Wanderlust

Pack your bags, because this season of Golden Hit we’re heading international!

In this round, we want you to explore the theme of wanderlust – the strong desire to travel and see the world. We’re looking for lyrics that capture the essence of a specific city or location, or incorporate words or phrases in another language. You can also combine both options if you wish.

Your task is to write a song that expresses your feelings and experiences about a place you have visited, want to visit, or imagine visiting. You can choose any city or location in the world, as close to home or far away as you choose. You are free to explore any genre, style, or structure for your song, as long as it fits the theme of wanderlust.

Alternatively, you can choose to write a song incorporating elements of a foreign language. You can use any language you want, as long as you provide a brief explanation in English. You can use words or phrases from another language to add flavor, express emotion, or create contrast. 

Examples of songs that fit this challenge include Havana by Camila Cabello, London Boy by Taylor Swift, La Isla Bonita by Madonna, and Sour Candy by Lady Gaga and BLACKPINK.

Entries are due via Google Form submission by October 26th, 11:59 PM eastern time.

If you have any questions, feel free to tag any of this season’s judges, @Jackson, @Aurora, and @XO_Life.

Sign-ups are open all season long and anybody is free to join – just submit your song to sign up!

@stupidjock@fountain@Hey Dude@GentleDance@réveuse@Invisibility@worldwide angel@Legend E@JonginBey@Kayseri Mantisi@blackoutbaby@Navy4Life@Antikythera

Emblem-Crest-S5.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackson

• Aurora

• Kern

• fountain

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

omg love this, i was actually thinking how cool such a challenge would be

• Like 2

We going ✈️ international, babes! So, so excited for this challenge, I can't wait to see what jet-setting jams this song inspires. :jamming:

• Like 2

Black Ray Bans, you know she's with the band
Passport stamps, she's cosmopolitan (Ooh ooh ooh)
Yeah, she runs the place like Penny Lane (Ooh ooh ooh)
Yeah, you're lucky if you're on her plane

From Tokyo to Mexico to Rio!

That girl's a trip
A one-way ticket
Takes you miles high, so high
'Cause she's got that one international smile

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

Black Ray Bans, you know she's with the band
Passport stamps, she's cosmopolitan (Ooh ooh ooh)
Yeah, she runs the place like Penny Lane (Ooh ooh ooh)
Yeah, you're lucky if you're on her plane

From Tokyo to Mexico to Rio!

That girl's a trip
A one-way ticket
Takes you miles high, so high
'Cause she's got that one international smile

The way I told @Jackson to include "International SMASH" in the examples section of the challenge post and he told me it wasn't relevant enough. :tsk: But yes, this bop definitely is a valid fit!

4 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

New round caused the site to go down for 30 minutes whew. 

If there's a new season of Golden Hit, you can guarantee there'll be server issues... isn't that right @fountain? :laugh:

• Haha 2

Cooking up something very ... watery

Let's see how I can ride this wave :gayorkcat3: and not end up drowning :redface:

• Like 2

Let's see how the people cook!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

God I actually started writing something like this in S4 but wasn't sure of it. Will re-write.

yes ready for your Easy Lover-esque recycled lead single :jonny:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

Emblem-Banner-S5.png

Round 1 Wanderlust

Pack your bags, because this season of Golden Hit we’re heading international!

In this round, we want you to explore the theme of wanderlust – the strong desire to travel and see the world. We’re looking for lyrics that capture the essence of a specific city or location, or incorporate words or phrases in another language. You can also combine both options if you wish.

Your task is to write a song that expresses your feelings and experiences about a place you have visited, want to visit, or imagine visiting. You can choose any city or location in the world, as close to home or far away as you choose. You are free to explore any genre, style, or structure for your song, as long as it fits the theme of wanderlust.

Alternatively, you can choose to write a song incorporating elements of a foreign language. You can use any language you want, as long as you provide a brief explanation in English. You can use words or phrases from another language to add flavor, express emotion, or create contrast. 

Examples of songs that fit this challenge include Havana by Camila Cabello, London Boy by Taylor Swift, La Isla Bonita by Madonna, and Sour Candy by Lady Gaga and BLACKPINK.

Entries are due via Google Form submission by October 26th, 11:59 PM eastern time.

If you have any questions, feel free to tag any of this season’s judges, @Jackson, @Aurora, and @XO_Life.

Sign-ups are open all season long and anybody is free to join – just submit your song to sign up!

@stupidjock@fountain@Hey Dude@GentleDance@réveuse@Invisibility@worldwide angel@Legend E@JonginBey@Kayseri Mantisi@blackoutbaby@Navy4Life@Antikythera

Emblem-Crest-S5.png

How can we submit our songs?

1 minute ago, réveuse said:

How can we submit our songs?

There's a link in the challenge post that says "Google Form submission". Alternatively, you can access it here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdn1a6iy50BmjAA_zj227Or4sz9B_a8WfWymdAFV_FwFLyDdQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

yes ready for your Easy Lover-esque recycled lead single :jonny:

It even follows the 

Spoiler

Final Fantasy 16 motif

That I had for most of S4

:rofl:

Posted some potential song inspiration in the ATRL Songwriter's Studio. For those who are new to Golden Hit, this is a thread in the lounge that we can use in between seasons to stay creative, share any songs we might be working on, and post announcements and other information relating to future seasons of the game. If you haven't already, give the thread a follow to stay up to date with the latest!

• Like 1

I would also like to add, feel free to go as personal as you wish to :smile:

In Season 4 I wrote about self re-discovery, my hopes for my future, and

Spoiler

My days of self harm

So don't be shy to expres yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Although this is a brand new challenge, we drew from two verrryyyy old rounds from the Platinum Hit Era

• The "I Know Places" challenge from Platinum Hit Season 6 in 2014
  • The "Parler D'Amour?" challenge from Platinum Hit Season 5, also in 2014

kinda fun to browse through those old threads if you're bored!

5 minutes ago, Jackson said:

The "I Know Places" challenge from Platinum Hit Season 6 in 2014

Ah yes, the challenge that gave me my very first ever #1 hit single "Italian Nights", which later inspired another one of my location-based songs, the #1 hit single "Positano". :smitten:

can we include multiple cities or is the challenge restricted to one city

• Like 1

1 minute ago, worldwide angel said:

can we include multiple cities or is the challenge restricted to one city

I see no reason why you couldn’t write about multiple cities if you wish! You can write about any number of geographical regions so long as they tie into the theme.

Just now, Aurora said:

I see no reason why you couldn’t write about multiple cities if you wish! You can write about any number of geographical regions so long as they tie into the theme.

awesome

my runaway inspired serve is coming :heart2:

A Passion in My Soul — ripopgodazippa: Janet Jackson & her beautiful...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.