Golden Hit: Season 5 ⚜️ Congrats to fountain!

Jackson

1 hour ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

Sorry, I’m late to the party. In the middle of 

a major move. Don’t really have time to write songs. But sign me up cause I don’t have boundaries and don’t know what’s good for me-hi-hi. 

:duca: even if you can’t submit a week, the new scoring adjustment should allow you to be competitive for the win! or feel free to just submit weeks when you have time 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jackson

• Aurora

• Kern

• fountain

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/21/2023 at 1:51 PM, Hey Dude said:

Off topic but I can't even tag Gastrodonatella or Corsola did something happen between 2020 to 2022??? Can still tag Ceremonials who's also inactive.

And I remember there was a judge with an avi of Sia as Mona Lisa. 

I know fountain is keshaspearsxo.

They've all moved on to greener pastures but I will be sure to let them know people still think of them <3

--

Also I literally do not check this site unless someone tells me to on Discord so sorry about the messages I ignored. I will be participating however <3

• Like 3

⚜️ SIGNUPS ⚜️

1. stupidjock

2. fountain

3. Hey Dude

4. GentleDance

5. réveuse

6. Invisibility

7. worldwide angel

8. Legend E

9. JonginBey

10. Kayseri Mantisi

11. Blackoutbaby

12. Navy4Life

13. Antikythera

14. hurricane326

15. Julianna Calm Down 

16. Hug

(continued)

there’s such a good mix of new and seasoned players this season. honestly probably the most new blood we’ve had in years :duca: 

• Like 1

Just now, Jackson said:

there’s such a good mix of new and seasoned players this season. honestly probably the most new blood we’ve had in years :duca: 

newbies came to slay the pen 

On 10/22/2023 at 3:32 AM, Aurora said:

while Round 5 might be controversial to some... I just know it's going to slap. :foxaylove:

our Erotica is coming

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

Sorry, I’m late to the party. In the middle of 

a major move. Don’t really have time to write songs. But sign me up cause I don’t have boundaries and don’t know what’s good for me-hi-hi. 

Not this literally being me during S4. I still managed to get a couple of top two hits out of the experience, so you never know! Hopefully you can find the time to submit for at least a round to two. :heart:

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

It's giving smash era whew, if we reach 20 participants it will officially be our biggest season since GH2! #Manifesting #TellAFriend

Loving the mix of new and returning players, and even then a lot of the returnees are from the Golden Hit era rather than before. It's a very exciting time for us! :duca:

Ok. I just took a look at the first entries... and wheew! You guys are serving deep thoughts and romantic feelings, love that! :heart:

• Like 1

Hi I have two questions about this challenge.

1. Would it be within the challenge to write an entry about longing for/wishing to visit  a "place" that can no longer be visited, simply due to the passage of time? (Like Bebe Rexha visiting Paris in the 1940s for instance)

2. Would using a fictitious language or place be within the challenge, or are we strictly sticking with real places? (Lemme just ask if it has to be on Earth while we're at it, can we make it about another planet?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hug said:

Hi I have two questions about this challenge.

1. Would it be within the challenge to write an entry about longing for/wishing to visit  a "place" that can no longer be visited, simply due to the passage of time? (Like Bebe Rexha visiting Paris in the 1940s for instance)

2. Would using a fictitious language or place be within the challenge, or are we strictly sticking with real places? (Lemme just ask if it has to be on Earth while we're at it, can we make it about another planet?)

I have no objections to either of these things. If you wanna be a time-traveling astronaut, girl, meet me in space—it's beautiful! :fan:

• Like 1

I got an idea :smile:

I like this round, this will be different than everything I wrote in Season 4.

Don't let me write about my impossible prince, he's a comfort zone :tongue:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

I got an idea :smile:

I like this round, this will be different than everything I wrote in Season 4.

Don't let me write about my impossible prince, he's a comfort zone :tongue:

i love this :duca: super excited to read it 

31 minutes ago, fountain said:

How are everybody’s songs coming together? :chick2:

I keep wanting to write about anything except the challenge prompt 🧍‍♂️🧍‍♂️🧍‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fountain said:

How are everybody’s songs coming together? :chick2:

will be finishing tonight

• Like 2

With four entries in, I might have to do another couple reviews this morning. :eek:

For me the hardest challnge was writing a song and not a poem but without making it sound too simple and basic :psyduck:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

For me the hardest challnge was writing a song and not a poem but without making it sound too simple and basic :psyduck:

I've not long finished writing your review, I hope you will find it beneficial. :heart:

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

With four entries in, I might have to do another couple reviews this morning. :eek:

So it was actually 3 entries + a resubmission, however I've decided since this is Golden Hit: Season 5, once we reach five submissions I will go ahead and post my first batch of early bird reviews. I don't want to rush anyone, but if you're sitting on a final draft and not sure if you're ready to submit yet in case inspiration strikes in a day or two, feel free to submit and you can always resub any alterations at a later point! I'll be back online in 10 hours or so to begin reviewing any new submissions, so I look forward to seeing what you've all come up with! :celestial:

10 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

it depends on the judge, but there’s a lot of overlap between poetry and songwriting (lyrics really ARE a form of poetry), so there’s nothing wrong with writing a song with a lot of poetic elements. i think what makes a poem sound more lyrical is conforming to a songwriting structure of verses and choruses, and focusing on how the words would come across as sung 

i haven’t read any of the songs yet but hopefully that helps a bit 

• Like 1

Yeah speaking personally I myself don’t create a major distinction between lyrics and poetry. I just see it as typically one being paired with background music, while the other may not be. Otherwise they are, for the most part, interchangeable really; and more often than not indistinguishable. 

I have been looking at Season 5's thread instead of working on my own entry. I just feel like every idea I have is doomed to stay as an idea I can't execute. :weeps:

MY CRYING ERA IS OVER MY SLAYING ERA IS HERE.

Putting the finishing touches on my entry!!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.