Lana Posts Emotional Video Denying She Had Rich Parents + Living In A Trailer Park

AbeHicks

no one else who actually grew up with wealthy parents or had industry networking opportunities/connections, bagging record deals when they were a TEENAGER, get any of this flack :rip: i'm not gonna name names but lana paved the way for those "indie alt" cosplaying girls when she actually struggled a lot to make it. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrokenMachine

• RideOrDie

• Communion

• NOW

9 minutes ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

her parents not knowing she sang prior to her appearing on saturday night live sounds like total B.S, otherwise no one really cares.

They probably knew she sang but not that she ended up taking it seriously or that she made it as far as to show up on SNL with no album out.

Edited by NOW

6 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

she is pressed because oblivious people attribute her success somehow to her family having some money when she was actually estranged from them and trying to make it on her own for years. if i wasn't talking to my parents for 7 years and suddenly made it big and everyone's like "oh yeah your dad is now this big money guy that's why" i would be FUMING as well 

Oblivious people will always say oblivious stuff, she should have known better by now... but well, I'm used to it by this point :dies:

It's ironic that people still believe her dad helped her secure record deals when he just released an album a few months ago, due to Lana and her music industry connections.

5 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

no one else who actually grew up with wealthy parents or had industry networking opportunities/connections, bagging record deals when they were a TEENAGER, get any of this flack :rip: i'm not gonna name names but lana paved the way for those "indie alt" cosplaying girls when she actually struggled a lot to make it. 

I get the point, but Miley is the nepo queen, at least for ATRL :swan:

it's infuriating when people gloss over the fact that lizzy grant was financially and emotionally abandoned by her parents. estranged from them for years while trying to make ends meet with sugar daddies and boyfriends and odd jobs. how many times does she have to tell you about her traumas and her mom for it to click... 

Nobody is saying she didn’t “earn” her place as an artist other than random trolls.

it’s true she didn’t struggle and her trailer park thing was her decision.
Idk why people act so offended when they say she has posted pictures where her and her family seemed extremely well off. I don’t even know why she’s addressing this, She’s as big as ever, why waste your time with this or try so hard to make it seem like you were legitimately living in a trailer? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

why is this the hill she wants to die on… girl, we LOVE you! we love your music and quite frankly most of us don’t give a sh*t that you grew up middle class. that doesn’t take away from your natural, beautiful talent. so C H I L L

paula-deen-apology.0.thumb.jpg.8efa1c8f6

• Like 2

also if she was cut off, then i feel for her. but she shouldn’t pay any mind to any of the haters regardless. again, queen, we love you and we stick by you

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, eleganceislearned said:

She's so oblivious. :rip: She was at the very least, upper middle class. And not her dad refuting her point. lol

Why do well-off people want to cosplay as poor so bad? 

“After six years in a very high pressure job burn out started to set in just as Rob and Pat had their first child, Elizabeth (Caroline and Charlie followed over the next few years to round out the family). With a family to think about now, they decided to pull up stakes and make a radical change in their lifestyle by moving upstate to the mountains. All of their friends thought they were crazy and warned them that if they walked away from their jobs they would never be able to come back. Grant said, “even so I looked at my life and thought if I stayed in Manhattan and raised a family it would be enormously expensive and we would have to live in an apartment out in the suburbs. It just turned my stomach to think that I could spend the rest of my life going back and forth to the city on a commuter train.” 

“On the downside, the more domains Grant piled up the scarier it got because of the extremely high annual registration and renewal fees at that time. “It was brutal,” Grant said, “because you had these high carrying costs but absolutely no revenue. You really had to believe. I feel it was the true test of whether or not someone has vision. I sat for years paying these registration fees and not earning a nickel and wondering if I was out of my mind.” 

• Like 1

Why are some stans are trying to paint her as homeless or sumn  :rip: The whole point is her trying so hard to seem that way, yes she had family problems but even the trailer she decided to live in was bought until after she had gotten a small record deal

17 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

This is so true. 

People in here are so ignorant. Just because he earned money doesn’t mean he didn’t lose it or something. She once said that she was $70k in debt in 2011. Her record deal with 5 points was 50k. I’m pretty certain her father wasn’t wealthy enough to give her thousands to fund her multiple music projects that weren’t doing much at the time, it’s not like this is old money kinda wealth, he made a few bucks forty years ago. I’m also certain Patty ain’t the sort to have ever had a job. 

1 minute ago, Starchild said:

Why are some stans are trying to paint her as homeless or sumn  :rip: The whole point is her trying so hard to seem that way, yes she had family problems but even the trailer she decided to live in was bought until after she had gotten a small record deal

She paid 10 of her 50k from her record deal on that trailer. 

3 minutes ago, Starchild said:

spacer.png

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

I don’t know if you’re referring to who I think you’re referring to but she had a lot of industry plant accusations as well, especially when she really blew up

I guess it’s a victory for the ‘eat the rich’ movement that rich people are now denying they’re rich :rip:

• Haha 3

Lana gurl, like always, you make it worse for yourself.  

Nobody but actual losers were still talking about that silly topic, over a decade later. 

This wasn't necessary but I get the feeling of wanting to correct lies being spread about you.

• Like 1

I believe her. I don't see a reason she would randomly make this up almost a decade and a half into her career. 

Don't really get what suddenly made her care enough to address this in detail, though. Same with QFTC/feminism. She's just gonna get herself unnecessarily dragged for something she was able to be quiet about and live with for many, many years. :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, Love Again said:

I don’t know if you’re referring to who I think you’re referring to but she had a lot of industry plant accusations as well, especially when she really blew up

Clairo is the one. Her dad is a Spotify shareholder no wonder she is getting promo

• Like 1

It’s giving 

I was raised on a farm, no, it wasn't a mansion
Just livin' room dancin' and kitchen table bills

spacer.png

PS: I love both girls don’t downvote me :khalyan:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Her acting like Lake Placid is some Ghetto :dies:

Reminds me when in Mexico some famous people say 'I come from a small rural town' but omit the part of being the landowners of that town and having luxury homes in there :deadbanana2:

Edited by BrokenMachine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.